Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

T1g's D&D Isle of Dread Campaign

126 posts in this topic

Posted

So, me saha and emma had a another session now, for shits and giggles.

I don't even want to talk about it

Posted

t1g's avatar is finally relevant

T1g likes this

Posted

Lets just say Animal Friendship is OP.

Posted

Posted

Well, its more like I let you do more with it than I was supposed to

Note to self: Party is going to attempt to charm every animal they see

Posted

Ok so basically this is what happens:

The Rakasta want to throw a small party to celebrate Dargo's recovery, so they decide to go hunt for something to eat. Jarako decides to make it interesting, and proposes to make it a contest: whoever can hunt an allosaurus and bring it (or as much of it) back to camp as possible wins. They form two teams of three, with Saha, Crit, and Emso on one team and three Rakasta on the other

Emma casts locate animal. Party finds allosaurus, eating. It hasn't noticed them. Emma casts animal friendship on the allosaurus. Allosaurus is now charmed by Emma.

At this point I should have made the allosaurus try to eat Saha and Crit, but I think I rationalized that it was already kind of full or something? Anyway I didn't go about it right, but whatever. Crit is surprised at the unorthodox decision but goes along with it for some reason. Maybe she is getting used to the party's bullshit or maybe she really wanted to win the contest and thinks Emma had a plan?

Anyway, at this point the party is riding the allosaurus back to the camp. Emma manifests the smell of meat in front of the allosaurus. They lead the live allosaurus back to the Rakasta Camp

Emma fails to account that just because the allosaurus isn't hostile towards you doesn't mean it follows your orders

So at this point there is an allosaurus that smells meat in a camp of sentient cat people. Crit is getting increasingly agitated at this point, probably because it became clear Emma didn't think very far ahead

Allie starts to make a beeline for the tent where the 5 year old is recovering from his illness. Emma finally realizes this was a bad idea. At this point I am starting to regret letting them ride an allosaurus into camp like Belkar riding Bloodfeast the Extreme-inator

OPOKsXH.png

Saha fell off the dinosaur at this point because he tried to dance while on top of it. The only one capable of stabbing the allosaurus before it gets to little Dargo is Crit. Emma decides to roll to discern where the best place is to stab the allosaurus' skull to kill it

She rolls a 20

She conveys to Crit where to stab, cris stabs, the allosaurus goes down, not dead, but it just got brained so it probably isn't getting back up.

Saha makes this dumb pun he can tell you about himself. Crit finishes off the allosaurus.

Several Rakasta at this point are exasperated at this display. Crit just seems relieved that they stopped the allosaurus without any difficulties.

Jarako and crew get back 30 min later with a smaller allosaurus. They get it back to camp using the log trick ash used in that episode of pokemon where his snorlax's pokeball broke.
Jarako admits defeat and asks the party if they wanted to cook anything specific. Emma suggests stew. Crit's eyes light up at the suggestion, so she seems all for it.

And then they get some mushrooms and veggies and herbs and stuff, and then increasingly bizarre things occur involving cats.

Turns out Saha and Emso ate some poisonous mushrooms and tripped balls while Crit brought them back to camp, before going back into the surrounding hills and gathering stew ingredients by herself.

And this is where the session ends. The Dungeons and Pokemon narrator probably says a NEXT TIME ON DND thing or something.

I don't mind the party goofing off, hell there is a whole island to explore. The main issue is that I have an actual reason for the party to be at the Rakasta camp, and I can't actually make said plot thread advance without a minimum of 3 out of 4 of the party present.

I'm looking at you, EG and knuckle

emsomniac likes this

Posted

Hey! I was playing other tabletop games! My reason's not total bullshit!

Posted

>Skips playing Dungeons and Dragons because it's national tabletop games day

Posted

When the allosaurus was paralyzed from being stabbed in the brain, but not dead, I dove in front of the allosaurus to save its life, and said that I had suddenly come to the realization that the dinosaur had a lot in common with one of my local gods (the Helix Fossil) and that I came to the realization that we're all the same in this crazy mixed-up universe of ours and became a vegetarian.

Then Crit starts getting mad so I cop out. She waits for my in-game reason, so I stare her straight in the eye with utmost seriousness, then lower my arms and look at the ground to the side. Without even explaining my sudden epiphany, I said:

"Well I guess I can eat him. He IS a vegetable now."

Also DM totally retconned the mushrooms. The first thing we did was ask Crit if it's safe, and she tosses it to the side. Then we run into a sabertooth tiger kitten and Lia starts to play with it. Then the tigress appears and we start to run. I jokingly say I shoot a crossbow bolt at the kitten as we run and say I'm just joking. DM urges me to roll a d20 + 5 for damage. We all wait awkwardly and I begrudgingly do it. I roll a 1 + 5 = 6 and miss. DM says "See, was that so hard?" and I say "We all knew it would happen, okay?? I was just trying to avoid the shame. Are you going to bring this up at my reunion now, huh??" and he says yes.

So while we run I play my Bagpipes. I roll a 2 in performance. DM starts saying something about making the tigress mad, but I remind him that the Bagpipes were designed specifically to have an unnerving and bizarre sound, so rolling low in performance means it's actually pretty tolerable. He concedes begrudgingly. He makes me roll for Dex. I fail, and trip forward onto my Bagpipes, breaking them. A comedic squeal escapes the Bagpipes in their dying breath. I attempt to play them solemnly.

The tiger pounces on me after I trip. Crit crits the tiger [sasuga Crit-chan] throwing it five feet off me. I crawl around the tiger, and cast Thunderwave after asking Crit if she's fine getting hit by one again. She nods. She can take it. Thunderwave knocks the tiger back ten feet, onto Lia and the kitten, who were playing around in a bush. The kitten had eaten the mushroom Crit threw and started tripping out. It had no idea what was happening, and Crit had to drag the tiger off us. DM joked that she threw it onto me/suplexed it (later the retcon was that she did in fact, suplex it) but actually what she did was more hilarious. On my suggestion, she tries to intimidate the tiger, and succeeds. The tiger is calmed. She then knocks it out, knocks the kitten out, then carries Lia and I back to camp.

But that was all a mushroom trip because we accidentally consumed a large hallucinogenic mushroom.

Posted

I have no added a topic poll, taking all bets on what kills off Sahaqiel. If someone gets it right and they do a future campaign I DM, I might give you a bonus (a magic item or plot relevance or something)

Posted

The roll of 2 shall be his death. But the roll of 2 can apply to any of the other choices... Which is why it will win!

Posted

No its a 1/20 chance that it happens in any of the other situations lol

Posted

Necro has been added to the campaign as a substitute player. I.e. he will take over someone's character if they can't make it to a session

Agent Zako likes this

Posted

We just did a session that was supposed to be short but then the party took 2 and a half hours to kill the boss

Also,

SAHAQIEL AND EMSO GAIN A LEVEL

Knuckle and EG (who were controlled by Necro), still need to do a bit more before they get one

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

No seriously, they reached the boss at like midnight, and then when the fight started, we were like "eh this will probably take an hour tops"

which made sense, considering how easily emma kills off the lizardfolk

but then several party members almost die and the boss is a badass and it all is just a big shit storm

I will probably be making a summary post of it in a little bit, but i am probably going to forget some of the stuff that happened, so you guys are free to chip in too