Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

T1g's D&D Isle of Dread Campaign

126 posts in this topic

Posted

You people are ridiculous in a good way.

Also, emma.

You have one mission.

Posted

i'm scared

Posted

Nope, can't do it. I'm burned out from State Concert Choir (I just got back 10 minutes ago) and I have to pack cause I'm driving to El Paso tomorrow to see family... Sorry...

Posted

SKJFLFSDFJLSKDFHLKSF

well its fine. Necro will keep playing as Rex and making him the most delightful british man possible

Posted

Except we didn't actually play tonight, so you didn't miss anything. We may or may not be playing on Saturday

Posted

Knuckle has officially withdrawn from the campaign because school, but things are fine because Necro is here, so I guess he is just playing Atticus now?

Posted

Guess so...

Posted

And I probably won't be able to play tonight either, we're leaving for El Paso at 6-ish (pm MST) and it's a 4-hour drive, so I won't be there until 10 and I'm driving the whole way. I will be in no shape to do anything but sleep.

Posted

Ok Emma is importing her best friend into this campaign. Necro is going to keep acting as a sub for EG because he wanted to play as Rex. New guy is either taking over Atticus or making a new character

Posted

Can someone write the summary for me? I would appreciate it

Posted

OK SO WE HAVE 6 PLAYERS NOW

1. Sahaqiel (Amon Knight - Bard)
  2. Emsomniac (Lia Wittekind - Druid)
  3. Elwayguy7 (Rex Tonitrus - Paladin)
  4. Necropolis (??? ????? - Rogue)
  5. Kaffles (?????????? - ????????????)
  6. Nick [i call him Nickuchan] (???????????????????? - Fighter)

Posted

the canon is also getting increasingly weird

Posted

SOMEONE CALL NICK "FIELDS OF WHEY" FOR ME PLEASE.

It is important that he know his place.

Posted

Here is a basic summary of the saturday session

1. The party decides to go find the human settlements the heard about. Crit points them in the right direction, but doesn't go with them. Amon tells his cat to stalk Crit. We don't know how that is working out for the cat.
  2. Party finds a gargoyle. Sahaqiel can go into that. It was silly.
  3. The party comes across this giant fortified wall with human natives manning it. This thing is like 50feet tall and 2 miles wide, with many towers with warriors in them.
  4. party asks to get in. they say no
  5. party annoys them for a while. they say no, because they have heard that strange outsiders have been raiding the other villages. The outsiders match the description of crew members from the ship the party started on, and they don't trust the party.
  6. party waves the lizard kings spear around. they all discuss it amongst themselves for a while, and they say they can come in if they forfeit their weapons and armor.
  7. party is let in, and is immediately separated from each other. basically the natives are discussing what to do with these strangers, and they aren't idiots, which is why they took the party's weapons and armor, AND are keeping them separated from each other.
  8. Party keeps trying to ask the natives questions. They get very little answers. Rex gets told to shut up a lot.
  9. Sahaqiel comments on one of his guards' butts. He gets pushed in a tar pit for a while, and then pulled out.
  10. Party notices that the men all have body paint (not tattoos, like Crit. simply body paint) that bare aspects of different animals.
  11. Party is lead to this pyramid in the center of the village. There are many warriors surrounding it. An aging woman (late 50's, early 60's) introduces herself as Mira of the Hawk, the chief of Tanaroa. She asks the party who they are, and they respond truthfully. Thankfully, Mira can tell that they, at the very least, have no hostile intent. She tells them that they still can't trust the party, but they can earn their trust, starting by defeating a hydra that has been plaguing their fishermen. This will at the very least, make the people of Tanaroa not openly hostile towards them

Thats it essentially. The party needs to figure out how to take care of this hydra, preferably by luring it onto land first, because fighting it in the ocean will probably get them killed.

Once the party takes care of the hydra, I can then write in the three new characters, who will also have been on a boat that gets shipwrecked, except on the east coast instead of the west coast. I plan to use Tanaroa as a sort of hub that the party members not being used can stay at (like Knuckle's Priest, or Rex when EG can't play). Can't do that if Tanaroa doesn't even slightly trust them. Also killing the hydra will earn Atticus and Rex a level, as well as make it so that all the new party members can be level 4 instead of 3.

Posted

Oh right, I was going to fill in some of the blanks with the lizard king fight.

Lizard King Fight

So we were heading through a swamp trying to get to the cave without being detected, and we run across two lizardfolk torches. We climb trees to hide, and advance a little that way. The lizardfolk gets pretty close to us, and then we start discussing our plan of action for like ten minutes, until we finally just decide to let Crit jump from a tree and murder the guy. I take his torch, Emma relights it, and and I disguise myself as a lizardfolk, and we head towards the cave.

Once we're there, I bluff-gesture wordlessly to get past some folks near the entrance to scout the left part of the cave, and Emma stealths around the right part of the cave until she gets to the back part where there's a curtain. She fails her stealth roll at the curtain, but she was behind it and nobody came after her. So we figured out there was a left and right room, both connected into a small hallway into the back room. Our plan was to have me introduce Rex and Atticus as people who want to preach about Pelor, the sun god, and then do a Fascinating Performance while they're all in one place, leaving Crit and some others to fight the lizard king while we keep them occupied with Rex's charisma combined with my charm, in the left room, which would clear the path to escape quickly.

I bluff for them to listen to Rex, and he comes through from the shadows and starts speaking in Draconic, and trips up by saying I'm a friend of his whose throat has been crushed and I can no longer speak, but since I'm disguised as the guy Crit killed, they know this is a lie. I tell Necro he should feign mixing up his words, Draconic not being his native language. They buy it, and they take us to meet the lizard king. I was trying to slow this down, saying we should request to preach in the left room, because we have no idea where the choke points might be in the back room, but no one listens to amon...............

Anyway so we let one of the guys escape, and he witnessed Crit murdalyze the guy I'm disguised as, so the lizard king knows what's up, and the fight starts, with the lizard king creating a square of blood darts that surrounds him while he fights Crit. I keep disguised as the lizard guy even though the king broke my disguise, if only to shed the disguise dramatically while saying "FOOLS! You will rue the day that you opposed the GREAT LORD HELIX!" and then I cast Thunderwave, which actually wrecks folks pretty bad, by knocking them into the blood mist. I killed like two or three my first time casting it, and another was knocked back but not killed; he later shot darts at me, and I dodged most of them. Lia used Moonbeam and killed like, a lot of them, instantly... Rex grappled a lizardfolk and threw him into the mist, though that backfired and he ended up throwing him THROUGH the mist with minimal damage, which made Crit's fight a 2-on-1. I told him he should have just held the lizardfolk's head in the mist.

Lizard King is still monologuing, which is probably only because Crit couldn't slash his throat in her rage. I say something like, "You know, we don't know what this guy is saying. He could be saying anything, and Necro's the only one who can understand him. Maybe he just wants to reform the island's government for the better, and build orphanages for lost puppies and kittens."

Necro deadpans, "No." We laugh. "This guy is like, lizard Hitler."

More lizards flood the entrance to the back room, all standing next to each other, except for the ones that surrounded me. I cast Thunderwave again, killing two of them and throwing one right next to all the other lizardfolk, which put them all in the perfect position for Lia to Moonbeam all of them, killing most of them instantly. It was actually a really cool maneuver. Meanwhile, DM got the idea to grapple an enemy to hold them in the mist, so a lizardfolk does this to Rex. For like three turns. We had been abusing the blood mist for awhile, but I thought it was actually pretty clever... anyway Atticus tries to get the guy off him, to no avail, so for most of the fight Rex and Atticus couldn't do much. Rex goes down, inside the blood mist. Meanwhile, tried to see if I could pull the spear out with Mage Hand, but it only works on items <5lbs and DM decides it wouldn't work. I then stabbed the dart shooting lizard to death, with 15 health left. I say somewhat dramatically, "OK... do you think I can take running through the mist?" and DM says maybe I can. I decide to take the risk and run through the mist.

On the other side of the mist, I try to take the spear out of the ground while the other two guys are fighting Crit, again saying somewhat dramatically that everyone needs to rush to Crit's aid after my very possible and very likely beating unconscious. If the blood mist stopped, it would also save Rex from near-certain death. I heroically take the spear out of the ground all heroically and whatever, but the blood mist doesn't stop. I'm just holding this very loud, very howling spear, and I think at this point the other guy turns and beats me unconscious, which at the very least, makes Crit take one less hit. Lizard king takes the spear out of my hands and starts fighting Crit with it. Why didn't you just do that to begin with then, you big dummy? Why was it in the ground??? You just ruined your lovely cave floor.

Lia moonbeams at the lizard king, but he uncannily dodges the attack, twice. Atticus heals Rex, and later, me, at which point I swing my guitar at the lizard king, doing two damage, which he actually ignores. We manage to kill the other guy in the fight, taking some of the hits off Crit, and we've pretty much got the king surrounded. He finally dies at Crit's hands probably, and all the while tries to murdalyze me for some reason by shooting the blood mist at me. After we get all situated and heal Crit, we just kind of take over the cave full of corpses as our new pad. I lay out a bedroll for Crit and cover her with a sack so she's not cold. I take the spear from the lizard king's grasp, which DM did not count on me doing. It's a really heavy spear and makes me overencumbered, so I give the spear to Rex, who can actually use it well, and it's a pretty good spear.

When Crit wakes up it turns out she's got more tattoos, so who knows what that's about. I ask her if it's alright if we call her Critolthiel, after one of my local gods of power and luck. She shrugs, so whatever, be that way then, we're calling you Crit... by this point my cat's been summoned, and Lia tries to play with it immediately. It's a bit hesitant to enjoy Lia's company, and it even hisses at Crit, at which I order it to behave and try to like my friends after arguing with it for a little while.

Later she takes us to RB's grave, and someone suggests I try to calm her down with a song, and I'm like, "Have you SEEN my performance rolls?" Instead of risk amplifying her grief, I take a crossbow bolt out and write "to a great explorer and a wonderful uncle" on the plank, and decorate it with the opals we got from the chest in the lizard king's storeroom.

All's well that ends well.

The party heads back to the canoes the next morning, and retrace their route to get back to the Rakasta camp. They get attacked by a humongous carnivorous ape, which i would have them fight if it wasn't for the fact that I wanted to keep this session short. I tell them to roll for luck. Someone rolls a 20. The green dragon once again swoops down and snatches up the ape. Carrying it off to the north.

This was, by the way, because on the way back, I kept rolling really high. It was scary for all of us, because I never roll high. I'm average-roll-is-a-7 guy. I scored two 20s followed by a 19 on wisdom rolls. T1g decides to create the giant ape so I have something to notice, though critically spotting a giant ape heading straight for us is still pretty useless. He asks me to roll again, and I AGAIN roll a 20. That was a luck roll, which caused the dragon to swoop in and steal the giant gorilla that was about to murder us all. So yeah I burnt out all my luck on dumb stuff... I'm back to rolling in the 1-4 range when it matters.

Also, before we went to the human settlement, Crit split off from the group. Before she goes, I ask her to take my cat with her, and tell my cat to tail (HEH) her. Crit shrugs and starts walking away, and I have an argument with my cat, because it doesn't want to. I will elaborate once I know what's actually going on. I start this with "Listen, cat... don't be a little prick." I'm whispering to the cat during this, and everyone's wondering what the hold up is, and why I'm emoting to my cat, which is the only part they can actually see, both ingame and IRL, which I think is hilarious. Anyway, so the cat follows her. I assure the cat that if it dies or I can't find it, I'll just resummon it, and if I can't get Wireless Cat Signal™ Lia can just use Locate Creature, or whatever . In other words, this will give us information no matter what at practically no risk. So off it goes, and DM didn't count on me doing this, so now he probably has to write wacky adventures, or at least make up something for me. I'm keeping him on his toes...

Party finds a gargoyle. Sahaqiel can go into that. It was silly.

I roll bardic knowledge and recall that the statue on the side of the road is a gargoyle, though it was extremely apparent and why do I even need to roll on these things... Anyway, it's holding a spear, and since I was so insistent on taking the lizard king's spear, I attempt to take the Gargoyle's spear. It wakes up and we all roll initiative, and I actually roll a 18 + 3, I think. I quickly try to reason with the gargoyle because they speak in Common, and he says he was taking a nap. I tell him that I was just admiring his spear and wonder if I could buy it off him. I roll poorly on persuasion for 20gp, which is still supposedly p. high, but he asks for more, so I offer 22?gp, and he takes it. I now have... a regular, if decorative spear. Once owned by a gargoyle! I consult with the team members about possibly having this guy join our team, but he's of an evil alignment, so we probably shouldn't.

I ask him if there's any news about while I use Message to whisper about a game plan for killing this guy. While he's distracted, kaffles, who is playing as Atticus, attempt to kill the gargoyle without consulting us because he's of an evil alignment. Gargoyle says ouch, why did you do that?? Takes a swipe at her, and flies off because he knows he's outnumbered. I shout sorry about that, he says that's cool, we should hang out sometime! I turn to Atticus and chastise him for being unable to incapacitate the Gargoyle, because I could have gotten my gold back.

Sahaqiel comments on one of his guards' butts. He gets pushed in a tar pit for a while, and then pulled out.

Before we got into the village, Rex was trying to convince them to let us in. One of the guards throws a javelin at him. I go over and pick it up for my spear collection.

While walking past a pool of tar in the village, I ask the guard if the tar is hot. He says I can find out if I want. I tell him that no matter how hot the tar is, it can't possibly be as hot as his butt. He happens to be homophobic and pushes me in. I roll a 4? trying to get out of the tar (sasuga Amon-kun) and start sinking to my death, but the guard pulls me out just in time. Meanwhile, Rex is annoying the villagers by asking them about their religion, and Lia transforms into a horse because the guard with hooves on his chest doesn't know what one is. They immediately punch her out of transformation. Atticus is asking actually somewhat useful questions, though I don't remember what they were. Then we get the hydra mission.

I would like to note that we were granted access largely in part because we had proof of killing the Lizard King... his spear. :3 who's awesome oh yeah