Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Your inherent DND Stats

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Slave.

k

Yes thank you for reinforcing my point. The class quiz just wants to know what you think is cool, but I was PRETTY SURE most of you weren't religious enough to actually fall under the category of paladin or cleric or whatever

My issue with the religious requirements for the cleric/paly is that the sort of care/support/honor they have doesnt really direct you into a non-religious class with similar values, but into bard because they share the traits of being less violence-oriented and a support role, but arent going "MY GOD HAS COMMANDED ME TO SMITE YOU, CONVERT TO MY RELIGION OR DIE" every five seconds. The thing is that a paly would be in the front, drawing attention and taking blows for their friends, and a bard would be in the back, cheering them on, and cleric would be somewhere in the middle, depending on build, skills, etc.

I took that longer quiz and I thought my result was dumb. Human sorcerer. What? I checked the stats and it was like "10 dwarf, 10 halforc, 14 human, practically nothing everything else." Man even if I was like halforc sorceror or something that'd be at least interesting but this was dumb. No I am dwarf warlord screw this.

Also chimetals regardless of whichever result you care about you could just be, like, championing the cause of sayuri or something since she's your owner apparently

Next game (if) I play with her, I'm totally pushing for that sort of intro. It's a fun image and I think I could pull this off.

Also to be fair I roll really far on the tanking class side, so I'm probably not the best judge of whether a quiz is accurate or not.

Posted

Alignment: Lawful Good

Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Lawful Good.

Lawful Good

A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. She combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. She tells the truth, keeps her word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion.

--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6

Keep in mind the alignment suggested by the quiz is just that: a suggestion. It describes your character no better than a 36-question test would describe you. But it’s a good way to start thinking about how your character acts when confronted with issues of alignment.

Now that your character has taken the test, make a note of which questions scored in the opposite direction from your overall alignment. These exceptions can tell some interesting tales about your character Are you a good character with a greedy streak? Are you a lawful character who can’t stand the village elders? Don’t just roleplay your alignment -- roleplay your alignment exceptions, too. Few characters perfectly embody their alignment choice.

My stats:

Your stats are:

STR:15
INT:16
WIS:12
DEX:12
CON:13
CHR:17

My class: Paladin

"I am the righteous shield of Moradin and a sword in his mighty hand! I fear no evil!"

Paladins are indomitable warriors who've pledged their prowess to something greater than themselves. Paladins smite enemies with divine authority, bolster the courage of nearby companions, and radiate as if a beacon of inextinguishable hope. Paladins are transfigured on the field of battle, exemplars of divine ethos in action.

To you is given the responsibility to unflinchingly stand before an enemy's charge, smiting them with your sword while protecting your allies with your sacrifice. Where others waver and wonder, your motivation is pure and simple, and your devotion is your strength. Where others scheme and steal, you take the high road, refusing to allow the illusions of temptation to dissuade you from your obligations.

Take up your blessed sword and sanctified shield, brave warrior, and charge forward to hallowed glory!

My race: Human

I, uh, can't say I'm surprised...

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/393005/

Iargely Iegendry likes this

Posted

I took the quizzes, then my computer crashed so it didn't retain my results.

I looked for a separate race quiz and found the pretty-much-everything quiz and it gave me almost all the stuff I got before so I'll just post these things. The only thing that changed (other than the stats, because I don't remember what I got last time; I think I had 11 in Str) was that I was Lawful Neutral in the other quiz.

Chaotic Neutral Human Bard (3rd Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 13
Dexterity- 14
Constitution- 14
Intelligence- 14
Wisdom- 14
Charisma- 17

Alignment:
Chaotic Neutral- A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn't strive to protect others' freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. A chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). A chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom from both society's restrictions and a do-gooder's zeal. However, chaotic neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it seeks to eliminate all authority, harmony, and order in society.

Race:
Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Class:

Bards often serve as negotiators, messengers, scouts, and spies. They love to accompany heroes (and villains) to witness heroic (or villainous) deeds firsthand, since a bard who can tell a story from personal experience earns renown among his fellows. A bard casts arcane spells without any advance preparation, much like a sorcerer. Bards also share some specialized skills with rogues, and their knowledge of item lore is nearly unmatched. A high Charisma score allows a bard to cast high-level spells.

Posted

Alignment: True Neutral

STR: 7

INT: 17 

WIS: 14

DEX: 9 

CON: 10

CHA: 12

Class: Wizard

Race: Eladrin (The quiz you linked didn't work for me so i found another one.)

But yeah, that sounds about right. Always some sort of elf and some sort of spellcaster. I like playing rogues too but there's no way I could ever come close to that in real life.

Posted

Ergh part of me doesn't want to do these because whenever I do I just get all overly proud of my scores, or insecure about my lower numbers as compared to other people. I was originally writing this post with it in mind that I'd say "but I'll do it anyway to join in the fun", but writing that first sentence out just polished my resolve. Not going for number-based results, because that just amounts to comparing dick sizes in my mind. I don't want to have my whole self assessed. I clearly care far too much, and I'm not saying people are vain but I know that I get vain about these things.

Bah nevermind. I get too annoyed with questions I can't answer. Even these things make me feel bad about myself; like I'm feeling like I'm too much of a perfectionist to do them, and I don't have a good enough imagination to answer them. 2am is not a safe time for self-analysing quizzes, and I should know that by now.

This is more just a blog post about my aversion to personality quizzes than anything else.

Iargely Iegendry likes this

Posted

I feel like everyone lies on them anyway. Just do it :)

But yeah, I lowered my results for the stats. It just didn't feel right to have lots of high numbers.

Teto likes this

Posted

I tried to answer them to the best of my current mindset, but yeah, occasionally there are questions you'd answer that you answer one way one day and a different way another day.

Incidentally, I was one question away from tying half-elf with my human score, so I'm practically a quarter elf heheh... *winks at emso*

This is funny because in our current DnD campaign, I'm a chaotic neutral human bard and Emso is an elf who is racist against humans...