Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discussion

205 posts in this topic

Posted

I obviously am not as big into the pokemon games as I'd like to be (remember that time I got everyone on hnet to send me pokemon to do a run and I never finished that run?), but I know people have been asking for remakes for these two games for years now, and now they're here!

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alph Sapphire out in November 2014!
Teto likes this

Posted

That trailer wasn't quite as hype as I thought it'd be.

Anyway, I hope they fix what made the originals so bland to me. :S I'll probably check them out, if only for that reason.

Posted

Really is the least hype thing. Nabe said this though, "That's the majesty of it -- they just have to announce that it exists. 100 million pre-orders already made," and it's pretty true. People have been asking for Trumpets forever it seems and it's finally here.

Get ready for the outlash at Groudon/Kyogre Mega-Evolutions.

PrimaGaga, Teto and pheonix561 like this

Posted

November? I'll actually have my own money to spend on it then, omg.

I'm a horrible person that hadn't beaten a pokemon game since diamond (including restarting several files on several games) before Y, and I'm still gonna get this, I'm sure.

Posted

might get if my husbando looks good in 3D, otherwise pass

Posted

Explore a new world? Uh......

from serebii-

It has been announced by The Pokémon Company that new versions of Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire are to be released on the Nintendo 3DS this year. These games, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming November 2014 worldwide. The press release lists these games as a fresh take on Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire and states "The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world.". The boxes feature Groudon & Kyogre, with some strange cosmetic alterations, and in Europe & Japan, the cases of the games come in Red and Blue respectively

so maybe it wont be a complete remake like FR/LG and HG/SS were. Maybe they'll do something new but with the same themes and ideas of the original R/S. Who knows, but thats what im hoping for.

Also,ill probably get Sapphire again.

Posted

Sapphire for me too. Red is for girls and people with mental problems.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

tumblr_n57o13Ua3N1sr6y44o1_250.gif

shamelessly promoting my pokemon facebook group. It's pretty casual, but some good trades have seem to come from it. It's been around since, i believe the day before X/Y were released. Everyone and anyone is free to join! Im gonna try to make some kind of event this weekend or next, whether it be trading or battling or just showing off, im not sure yet.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1389337657969434/1465070167062849/?comment_id=1465070293729503&notif_t=group_comment

Posted

tumblr_n57ryjxgfm1r30etto1_500.jpg

This stuff has been floating around since this morning and I love it

PrimaGaga and Teto like this

Posted

They could have at least showed an intro or something.

Posted

Me and Treemo have successfully spammed our friends' google+ dashboards with nothing but trumpets.

Several pages worth of trumpets.

Posted

I'm really excited for this yesss

Also last night I won a Shiny Latias so generally everything is coming up Milhouse

Teto, PrimaGaga, Sahaqiel and 1 other like this

Posted

yes ammonsa

we will play together

I do hope the revival fixes the disappointments I had with third gen. Like, playing through it the first time I thought it was fun and good and stuff, but in retrospect it felt lackluster and disappointing. The atmosphere still had retained a kind of magic, but it seemed half-hearted compared to its predecessor. Perhaps not coincidentally, FR/LG and Coliseum were in the same gen. Collectively, they are the most soulless generation of Pokemon games.

Posted

I played Ruby more than any Pokémon game. I have really great memories of it. The store was dumb (but it was even dumber in Sapphire). I really enjoyed the secret bases and the scenery, especially small details like that you could see reflected clouds in puddles on the ground. I remember there was a long stretch of land and interesting forest scenery between two cities. It was a GBA game but it actually made me feel immersed and lost in the wilderness (in a good way).

The generation had lots of neat secrets. Like if you catch Relicanth or Feebas, it actually feels like an accomplishment.

pheonix561, Sahaqiel, Teto and 1 other like this

Posted

I'm really a sinnohbaby, but I didnt ever like it too much. I have loved Y, i finished it and am enjoying the post game, it's just, really good in my opinion. I remember playing Sapphire and enjoying it quite a bit, probably more than pearl tbh. I'm excited about this remake because I think there's a lot of improvements that have been made to the base enjoyment of the games.