Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My Summer Movie List

187 posts in this topic

Posted

I think I saw the first episode of this years ago and I didn't know there were more episodes and you know what I'm quite alright with never seeing this again

Posted

Just so you remember to watch Requiem for a Dream whenever you feel like having your soul ripped out

Posted

watch the whole thing

I need someone to feel my pain.

Posted

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cronos_%28film%29

You should watch this. Its a classic story, an old golden scarab attaches to you, shoots needles into your skin and when you remove it your a vampire.

Its an early Guillermo del toro movie, and I think I'm stressing the jojo thing a bit too much, but its kinda funny.

Posted

Im watching the FIfth Element atm. Rewatching actually. Have you seen Pheo?

Posted

I have not seen the fifth element. I actually remember seeing maybe the first ten minutes once, and thinking it was pretty good, before I had to stop watching and go somewhere. The only thing I remember is the main character almost getting mugged, but then taking the gun from the guy mugging him and telling him to go away. It's a movie I still hear a lot of praise for, so I should probably add it to my list.

Saha I am not going to watch TOME. I just am not. No.

Posted

I recently took a film history class at my school and I have a few films not on the list that I think are worth the watch:

Fallen

The Sting

Unbreakable

Also, the new 3:10 to Yuma, Ocean's Eleven, and True Grit are worth watching.

Life of Pi - Absolutely stunning VFX and Cinematography, worth watching even if you hate the story

The Book Thief 

A Beautiful Mind - Great film about the Mathematician John Nash

The Untouchables - Really great gangster film

V For Vendetta 

Argo - No words, just awesome

Dead Poets Society

If and only if you like documentaries: 

Free to Play (Dota 2 - The International)

Indie Game: The Movie

Freakonomics

if you've seen all of these, then disregard it, but I think these are some great films!

Posted

I hadn't realized the book thief was made into a movie? I remember reading the book back in highschool, maybe I'll see it. A bunch of the other films on your list I've seen or have made it a point to see one way or another, or just haven't heard of and maybe should see. V for Vendetta I have to say is the corniest, most overrated movie I've ever seen. It does not deserve it's hype. Indie Game: The Movie, however, is a movie I probably should have seen a while ago and will be promptly adding to my list (and watching very soon).

Posted

Taking Elway's lead on documentary recommendations, Call Me Kuchu is a good documentary about LGBT rights activists in Uganda and the struggles of the LGBT community over there, so if you feel like documentaries I'd recommend that one too.

Posted

I recently watched the whole of TOME because my friend is writing a critical review of it.

I thought you and T1g liked Kirbopher or something.

Anyway it was entirely painful to watch in every respect except for the voice acting and music. And like one character. Everything else was incredibly painful.

Posted

The Book Thief came out as a movie November 27, 2013 in the USA, so it's pretty recent. I just watched it with the family, and I enjoyed it. I like V For Vendetta, but I understand the 'corniness' of it. I was a big fan of the comic and I wanted to see how they adapted it. It's easier to follow in the movie, but it isn't for everyone. If I think of anything else, I'll post, but that's all I can think of for now.

Oh, and I totally forgot: Now You See Me - A really fantastic magic movie that I can still watch over and over and be entertained by every time.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I recently watched the whole of TOME because my friend is writing a critical review of it.

I thought you and T1g liked Kirbopher or something.

Anyway it was entirely painful to watch in every respect except for the voice acting and music. And like one character. Everything else was incredibly painful.

I don't know where you got the impression that I liked him? This is I think the first time I've heard him mentioned since I saw that original TOME episode however many years ago it came out. Maybe T1g still likes him, idk. But I'm gonna go rewatch that episode now.

EDIT: Stopped watching as soon as somebody said "Well it's about time!" and jumped off a cliff. I'm not watching this.

Posted

wtf is TOME?

Posted

A terrible internet series not worth your time

Posted

kool