My Summer Movie List

187 posts in this topic

Posted

I have seen Lawrence of Arabia.

Posted

What did you think of it?

Posted

Thought it was puppyin' rad, dawg.

The plot itself wasn't the most mindblowing thing I've ever experienced, but the whole movie was really solid. The landscapes and cinematography were definitely easy on the eyes, too. Watched it after Ghost in the Shell. Shortly after Lawrence I watched Fist of Legend.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I've seen 7 samurai

Posted

What did you think of it?

Posted

But yeah, Saha, I definitely loved Lawrence of Arabia. It's the kind of thing that really sinks in on you the more and more you get familiar with it. I think it's the only work of fiction I've ever seen that truly fits the description of what an "epic" is supposed to be.

Posted

Here's a bit about Peter O'Toole.

"Camels caused several problems on set. O'Toole was not used to riding camels and found the saddle to be uncomfortable. While in Amman during a break in filming, he bought a piece of foam rubber at a market and added it to his saddle. Many of the extras copied the idea and sheets of the foam can be seen on many of the horse and camel saddles. The Bedouins nicknamed O'Toole "'Ab al-'Isfanjah" (أب الإسفنجة), meaning "Father of the Sponge".[30]The idea spread and to this day, many Bedouins add foam rubber to their saddles."

The movie was awesome yeah. I know a little more about the conflicts in it because I took Middle Eastern History over fall semester, and it was neat to see how it affected culture and how the people of that time reacted to it. Although Lawrence's delusion of grandeur was a little painful near the end.

T1g and pheonix561 like this

Posted

I am joseph joestar

Posted

It's also the longest motion picture to get some award, beating Gone With The Wind by one minute.

Posted

The new plan is for you to watch any movie joseph makes a reference to

Posted

One day you'll be the only person in the whole world who changes his clothes

T1g likes this

Posted

Saha lets go to india to find someone to make us japanese school uniforms, and then go sunbathing in them

Posted

7 Samurai is awesome. Its great how creative they get with the defense plans to fend of like, 8 times their number. Well, maybe less with the villagers, but yeah. The bit where kikuchiyo sots down next to one of the bandits and waits for him to realize who he is is one of my favorites. I really need to see more Chambara films

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Oh, you should watch Tombstone. Not sure if you're into westerns, but its one of the best in recent memory

T1g likes this