Let's Race - Mario Kart 8

55 posts in this topic

Posted

MK8Logo.png

Who all here will be getting MK8 :D? Saha and I thought it would be fun and cool to do HNET races and live stream it on the Hyrule.net Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/hyrulenet.

If you're interested in joining some races make sure to drop your Nintendo Network ID here so we can add you, you can also add it to your profile!

Mine is gametap I believe.

CidaShipiniZH likes this

Posted

Mario kart 8 is one of the most beautiful looking games I have ever seen. This game, Monster Hunter (G? Ultimate? Whatever Suffix), and Pikmin 3 are all reason enough for me to want to get a WiiU one day instead of a ps4 or an xb1.

On that note I really should get a 2DS so I can play monster hunter 4 one day.

But all of that is neither here nor there. How does everybody feel about the interesting character lineup for this game?

Posted

I'm ready to play.

I'll still be using Rosalina, so as long as she's in it I don't care who else is. Though the baby thing is kind of weird, in my opinion. Baby Mario is one thing, but there are too many babies in the game. Makes me think they plan on a Mario game starring a bunch of babies. Weird. 

Posted

Mario kart 8 is one of the most beautiful looking games I have ever seen. This game, Monster Hunter (G? Ultimate? Whatever Suffix), and Pikmin 3 are all reason enough for me to want to get a WiiU one day instead of a ps4 or an xb1.

On that note I really should get a 2DS so I can play monster hunter 4 one day.

But all of that is neither here nor there. How does everybody feel about the interesting character lineup for this game?

I agree, it's unfortunate people are putting specs between them and trying the wii u. Super Mario 3D World and Wind Waker HD are also good examples.

I still don't understand the hate for the controller either, I like it and it feels just fine in my hands. I guess people seem to care about over bloom, over the top particles and shiny graphics over actual gameplay.

2DS was on sale for $99 with Pokemon X or Y at Target I think last week.

Posted

I will bet rupees on a winner if we get a tourney going.

Posted

Oh man. That'd be neat

Posted

I'm getting it for the free WWHD download. I love Mario Kart games and it'll give me a reason to actual play my WiiU.

NNID: xXLegendaryXx

Michael likes this

Posted

when's this going down??

Posted

I'm thinking maybe friday or saturday evening, but I'm open to suggestions.

Posted

I just finished streaming 1 50cc race and it was pretty fun. The game and music looked/sounded really good.

Posted

erRjKT9.gif

I love these

Eka likes this

Posted

I'm going to buy a Wii U soon, along with Mario Kart 8. The argument about specs is really dumb to me anyway, because the Wii U looks and feels great, and the real draw for me is all the exclusive games that I will never get on computer. I can get just about every PS4/Xbone game on PC, I can't get Mario Kart 8 or Wind Waker HD.

Posted

I now have the Mario Kart

Michael likes this

Posted

Double and I did a few races and it was really fun :D

I've also uploaded a couple of short vids onto youtube of some rage and win.

I defeated the blue shell by just a split second:

and Mario screwed me over at the last second:

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I'm gonna need some friend codes from ye guys for Mario Kaarrttt

My WiiU ID is Coraleka. Send me a friend request if you want and attach a message so I know you !