Hyrule Warriors at E3 2014

40 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hyrule-Warriors-600x250.jpg

Posted by Kevin Dunsmore on 26 May 2014

Tecmo Koei and Nintendo have confirmed that Wii U exclusive Hyrule Warriors will be at E3 2014, and as a playable demo. General Producer Hisashi Koinuma and producer Yosuke Hayashi confirmed this during an interview with Famitsu (translated by Siliconera).  A brand new trailer will premiere alongside the playable demo that will give us, “a better idea of what we’re trying to do,” Hayashi said. ” We’ll sequentially reveal the other playable characters, so don’t miss it!”

The team also revealed some tantalizing new gameplay details, which aim to blend Tecmo’s Dynasty Warriors franchise with Nintendo’s The Legend of Zelda franchise.  Like in Dynasty Warriors, players can switch weapons on the fly, which in turn changes up the character’s fighting style.  Weapon and character growth systems will be featured in the game. Hyrule Warriors is using an iconic scene from The Legend of Zelda games that is sure to please fans.  Treasure chests are littered throughout the map containing weapons and items.  When unlocked, the treasure chest opening animation from The Legend of Zelda games will play.  “This is actually a very valuable scene [in The Legend of Zelda]. And this also applies to Hyrule Warriors,” Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma added.  Hyrule Warriors is out August 14 in Japan with not Western release date announced.  Expect that announcement to take place at E3 2014.

- See more at: http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/05/26/hyrule-warriors-will-be-at-e3-2014-new-details-revealed/86270/#sthash.D4nmYhve.dpuf

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)

Posted

As I was reading this I just kept repeating to myself, "please don't be a musou game, please don't be a musou game" Oh well.

Posted

As I was reading this I just kept repeating to myself, "please don't be a musou game, please don't be a musou game" Oh well.

i dont know why you had any hope it wouldnt be. But on that note, the Warrior games are really fun to play when youre high. They are simple enough but still really actiony. A good combo for being high.

Posted

To be honest I have no excitement for this game. It doesn't really look good. And someone might say "how can you tell?" And I will say that the graphics look really bad. And then they'll say "graphics don't make a game". And I'll say "the soldiers and the moblins are all clones of each other and every screenshot looks really unimpressive".

Posted

I liked Some of the warriors games cause I like japanese and chinese history. /i like dynasty warriors gundam, well, because I like gundam. But despite all of that, those games can get old fast

Posted

I liked Some of the warriors games cause I like japanese and chinese history. /i like dynasty warriors gundam, well, because I like gundam. But despite all of that, those games can get old fast

Yeah i know what you mean. Like if Pirate Warriors wasnt about One Piece, i wouldnt play it.

Posted

I've never played any of the Dynasty Warrior games, this will be a new experience to me. Supposedly the west might have a September release of Hyrule Warriors, and Impa has been seen in screenshots from a Japanese magazine.

Posted

I think this is the one zelda game it's safe to not care about, since it's really just dynasty warriors but zelda. It's not a big deal, and it's probably not even going to be canon. Sort of like Link's crossbow training and such. Who cares?

The sad thing is it totally fits the fantasy I had when I was fifteen and I wanted link to command an army of hylians and gorons and zora and whatever and do battle with a bunch of moblins and shit like lord of the rings in hyrule field.

Posted

it'll be a game that i might pick up eventually. 

Posted

Impa's confirmed for playable, for actually. I'll just wait reservedly, though really it doesn't matter that much because I don't have a Wii.

Posted

I think this is the one zelda game it's safe to not care about, since it's really just dynasty warriors but zelda. It's not a big deal, and it's probably not even going to be canon. Sort of like Link's crossbow training and such. Who cares?

The sad thing is it totally fits the fantasy I had when I was fifteen and I wanted link to command an army of hylians and gorons and zora and whatever and do battle with a bunch of moblins and shit like lord of the rings in hyrule field.

I've been wanting a game with Link vs. an army since before Wind Waker was announced. But even though this game is pretty much my 7yo self's dream, I probably won't even bother with it unless they can show something really impressive.

The cloned models, the repetitive gameplay of the Warriors' series, and the (so far) bland sounding story hasn't got my jimmies rustled.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Gods the footage looked so pretty ;A;~ Really excited to play as Zelda and Impa !!

Posted

This game looks fun now. Not like, amazing, but still, a good time. I'll buy it. 

Ganondorf looks cute in it. Like, yeah, I'd date him.

Posted

I was sad figuring that Ghirahim was only going to be an enemy so I'm in bliss now knowing he'll be playable. Zant too!

Ganon grew a pretty rad mullet, too.

Posted

I had always thought that this game didn't look great, but the three trailers that I saw on the Shop Channel looked really good.

SilverAlchemic, PrimaGaga and T1g like this