Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tournament Official character thread

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Post your characters here. I feel like most of you know the sort of things you put down for a character. But for redundancy's sake

Name

Backstory: You don't need a novel, just enough to set the stage. Throw appearance in hear as well

Powers and abilities: Include any Powers you might have, but also any skills they may have. Being good at Kung Fu cor instance would fall under skills.

Weapons

Just for funsies, what would you imagine you character was doing when they were teleported away for this tournament. You can just say what they were doing, or if you're feeling festive, you could write out a few paragraphs of prose showing the last few moments before it happened.

CidaShipiniZH likes this

Posted

Name: Kevin McCloud

Alias: Omnita Fighter Blue

Home Universe: Fight City Nights

OmnitaFighterBlue_zps4e82aa86.png

Backstory: Once the best street fighter in the land, he was taken from his home and family and turned into a cyborg by the Omnita Company to fight their past mistake, Omnita Fighter Red. At first, McCloud was furious, but when he saw the trouble Fighter Red was causing, he knew he was the only one who could stop him.

As the two fighters clashed, cities were leveled and many lives were lost. It soon became known as World War Omnita. After a two week long fight, McCloud finally won. He knew that if he didn’t completely destroy Red, the android would only rise again and cause havoc in the future. As Kevin pulled his arm back to obliterate his foe, a sudden light appeared around him and teleported him out of his universe.

Powers and Abilities: Trained in both Karate and Boxing, and informally the top Street Fighting champion, Kevin was a power house to begin with. After becoming a cyborg, he became the deadliest weapon man can imagine. He has rocket propelled punches that can level entire buildings. His 1-Inch punch will obliterate his opponents heart. His fully charged punch can wipe out and flatten an entire city. His skin is made of a special alloy that can withstand an atomic blast, and thanks to his cybernetics, his stamina is 10x that of what it was before. He also has a vent located on his back that functions as a cooling system, but also can release a burst of energy allowing him to leap about a mile and a half into the air.

(before you say anything. yeah i totally just ripped off 2 characters and mashed them together to create a new one)

Posted

Hm, just from the profile I would guess one of them is Franky? Not sure on the other, but he seems very Showa Kamen Rider. How does the City leveler attack work? Do his arm just start charging his internal power, or is it some special seismic type device? The only thing I think you should think about changing is the atomic proof skin. Either give it some kind of weakness or flaw, or just make it a bit weaker, IE, able to withstand a lesser type of attack, or able to withstand high heats. Something like that. Other than that, I think its good to go.

Since Phanta was first, he has set the power level. Try to make your characters of comprable strength and power to Omnita Fighter Blue.

Posted

He totally has a weakness that I'm not going to point out. But if you read my profile and think about it, it should be kinda obvious. Please don't give it away though if you spot it. It's pretty major.

His design is half ideo and half blue gilly. With a few of my own things thrown in.

I'll draw more of him later that might make it more sensible.

Posted

Alright, I think I understand. I still think Atomic proof might be a tad much, but I see where you're going with it. The other thing is, its really not a big deal if you specifically mention your weakness. The other player might note it, but their character wouldn't know that information.

Posted

Oh this isn't like a meta game? Where we watch (read) everyone's fight and then apply the new info to our characters strategy? I think that would be more exciting!

Posted

Er, well, yes, that is what is. I'm not sure how those two things contradict.

Posted

A Metagame is a game where my character knows all the information that I, the player does. Almost as if the character and the player are one.

A regular roleplaying game would have us limit what the characters know based on their personal experiences, away from what the player knows entirely.

Im saying i think itd be cool if the characters were watching the fights, even if they werent in it themselves, essentially knowing everything the player knows. That way we'd havta continually get more creative when we actually fight, because our opponents have seen every one of our previously exploited weaknesses. I think that'd be more exciting to both play and read. Like, Luffy or Goku or Naruto havta surpass themselves every fight so the audience can still be surprised and engaged!

Or maybe thats getting a little too table topish? If you dont like this idea i might set up my own game with a more structured approach. 

either way, i hope more people sign up!

Posted

Well, I mean, most of the roleplaying games, tabletop style, that i've been in have made a point of seperating in and out of character knowledge. In this case the tournament is the former. You know what your character knows

Posted

So if I write something like, say "I've got a dagger hidden under my shirt and I'm gonna try and get behind this guy and give him the ol' killaroo," whoever I'm fighting wouldn't know that I was doing that, but might notice that I'm trying to sidestep him? Or what?

Would it be too much trouble to ask you to write a brief example of how a fight between two players and characters would go?

Posted

Would it be too much trouble to ask you to write a brief example of how a fight between two players and characters would go?

Please^

Posted

Yes, I can do that. Later today.

Posted

Hey man, I love you but I can't make a character until I understand exactly how the fights will go. Not planning on doing anything meta or anything, I just want to have an idea of what I'm getting into. Which is why I haven't posted a character yet, because I haven't seen a sample. No pressure, I'm still interested, I'm just waiting until you've posted the thing.

Posted

Gonna post it in the main bit

Posted

Name: George McInnes
Backstory: Born in the western isles of Scotland, he's got quite a good connection with home. He moved out to Edinburgh for university to study politics at age 19, and fell in love with the city. Being rural through his youth he found the accessibility of the city enlivening. He found his niche, playing sports with some friends on the weekend and going out for drinks at a pub near his flat in the city. He enjoys watching sports as a social activity, and as such has witnessed some of the violence that surrounds it. He tries not to participate in it himself, but has lost his temper once or twice at the arrogance of other people, rather than from his own prejudice over the game. He finished his course and went to work in public relations for a small newspaper. He still keeps up his youthful activities, but finds himself becoming more and more domesticated the longer he lives away from home.
Powers and abilities: Good stamina. Was in a fight once.
Weapons: Whatever.
pheonix561 likes this