Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nintendo’s Super Smash Bros. Invitational @E3 2014

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Nintendo and HAL Labs have made quite a few announcements regarding the upcoming Super Smash Brothers iteration, many of which imply that Masahiro Sakurai is attempting to score points with the competitive gaming market. In addition to the Super Smash Bros. Invitational announcement late this April, Nintendo has announced that Super Smash Brothers for the Wii U will utilize a new peripheral that allows Gamecube controllers to connect to Wii U consoles.

Start-Article-Small.png

No word on whether Gamecube controllers will experience a revival in production.

Click to view slideshow.

There will be 16 playable characters in the E3 Smash area this year, 14 of which are known: Wii Fit Trainer, Marth, Megaman, Pit, Villager, Pikachu, Mario, Link, Kirby, Samus, Rosalina & Luma, Sonic the Hedgehog, Donkey Kong, and Greninja. Similarly, a roster of competitive Smash players from all over the country will be attending the event to play in a tournament to showcase  and judge the new Smash Brosmechanics.

Click to view slideshow.

Lilian “milktea” Chen, Hugo “HugS” Gonzalez, Ken “LiquidKen” Hoang, Daniel “LiquidKDJ” Jung, Neha “Lilo” Chhetri, Hendrick “DJNintendo” Pilar, Kris “Toph” Aldenderfer, Sam “PeachyHime” McNaughton, Juan “Crs. Hungrybox” Debiedma, Kevin “PewPewU” Toy, Kevin “EG PPMD” Nanney, Dakota “TheRapture” Lasky, Cristin “Crismas” DeSaro, McCain “MacD” LaVelle, Masaya “aMSa” Chikamoto, and Gonzalo “CT ZeRo” Barrios.

These contestants are well known in the Smash Brothers community for their tournament prowess. In order to make them feel more at home, they will be announced by regular Super Smash Brothers: Melee commentators:

Click to view slideshow.

Wynton “Prog” Smith, Bobby “Scar” Scarnewman, and D’Ron “D1″ Maingrette. The event will be hosted by none other than Geoff Keighley.

E3 takes place this year June 10-12 at the Nokia Theater in Los Angelos, California.  The Smash Brothers Invitational will be happening from 4:00PM to 6:30PM Pacific Time. With Nintendo’s unprecedented efforts to include competitive players, E3 2014 is sure to be an interesting event for the gaming community. Count on a stream and updates from Hyrule.net’s Twitter @hyruledotnet.

Sources

Facebook-Logo.png  Twitter-Logo.png

End-Article-Small.png

Read or comment on main page

Posted

I really hope Gamecube controllers get back into production. Maybe SSB4 will come with the peripheral and a Gamecube controller? I need to see if there is talk of preorder options yet.

Posted

I doubt they will include the adapter and a gamecube controller, these are mainly for people who have been playing for years and prefer the gamecube controller or are just used to it. I imagine it will support the Pro controller which is also pretty good I hear.

Posted

It will be compatible, but I hear the Classic Controllers don't have very good button feedback. Still, the Gamecube controller is probably the most popularly designed modern Nintendo controller Nintendo has. If they're keeping Wii controller functionality for the Wii U, I don't see why they can't bring back the Gamecube ones.

Posted

My friend is making plans for me, her, and like 5 other people to drive there just so we can be in the tournament. However, it doesn't look like that'll work because of many reasons. :( Like money... We estimated that gas alone would be over $700.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0