Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Disgaea

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Has anyone played Disgaea? I got the DS port of the first one off ebay and fell in love with it, I am planning on playing the other ones too

It's a strategy RPG that is known for having a silly sense of humor and having a ludicrous level cap (lvl 9999 is the highest level you can reach)

Also, let us all appreciate the best ultimate attack in video games

Posted

this is the only thing I know about disgaea:

T1g likes this

Posted

yes it is the best game

Posted

The best part is you can steal the horse wiener from the zombie and have one of your characters equip it. And it actually gives pretty good stat boosts.

Posted

i never noticed i could do that, thats awesome!

Posted

Let us now appreciate true heroism

Posted

What is disgaea

Posted

dis guy uhhh i forget his name

Knuckle likes this

Posted

Its a strategy RPG, think Fire Emblem. I am emulating the second one right now, and I own 1, 3, 4, and d2.

Posted

just beat disgaea 2!

Posted

I have the first one for DS and the fourth one for ps3 and I really WANT to love it but it's so puppying grindy. Like more so than any game I've ever played!

Posted

you dont have to grind, i thought the same thing at first, but really, the enemies are like 10 levels higher than you soley because it would be a breeze otherwise. this way you have to like, strategically seperate groups of them and take them out one by one

and if that doesn't work, you can just make the main character overpowered and let him kill everyone

although yes, you do need to grind in order to beat all the crazy bonus bosses, but thats what NG+ and the harder enemies bill are for

but i digress

ANY GAME THAT LETS YOU TOTEM POLE YOUR ENEMIES IS OK IN MY BOOK

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I have the first one for DS and the fourth one for ps3 and I really WANT to love it but it's so puppying grindy. Like more so than any game I've ever played!

It's worth pointing out that in DIsgaea, grinding requires strategy; you can't just run out and mindlessly kill things for exp. You need to exploit the fact that you can throw enemies into each other to raise their level and use geo effects to your advantage.

For example, in the first DIsgaea, there's a map that's full of invincibility panels except for one spot, so you can throw enemies together to create a super high level enemy that gives you tons of experience, but can't kill you.

T1g and PrimaGaga like this

Posted

yeah i didnt figure out the combining thing until later, i would have done that had it occured to me

theres a map in disgaea 2 there the enemies are on tiles that reverse damage (i.e. healing hurts them). assuming your healer isnt shit, you can easily one shot them and gain loads of exp using HEALING SPELLS

Posted

LET US ALL APPRECIATE THE BEST FINAL BOSS IN VIDEO GAMES

(Note: this is 3 chapters in)