Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Disgaea

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Desco's special attacks are literally moves used by other final bosses

And because she counts as a monster, she magichange into a sword or fuse with another monster to form GIANT DESCO which frankly just makes her overpowered

Posted

Also I realized the literal only reason there is a bill that gives you triple exp on your next kill in all the games is so you can combine a bunch of enemies to make a super enemy and then get triple exp off of him

Posted

That moment when I realized I just spent like 4 weeks playing disgaea. Well, it was 5 games and there was BlazBlue thrown in there too

By Tomorrow I will have finished the main story of Disgaea D2, and will thus have completed all the games main stories. Its been a fun ride, and I think I would rank the games in this order:

Disgaea 4

Disgaea D2

Disgaea

Disgaea 2

Disgaea 3

Disgaea D2 added a few things that I adored, like the option to just promote a unit to its next rank without having to make it reincarnate into the next rank at level 1. Saved me a LOT of time. Also I found out on accident that, at least in Disgaea D2, if all the characters are in a tower together, and they get a kill like that, the enemy's exp is NOT divided evenly amongst the 10 characters, EACH CHARACTER GETS THE AMMOUNT OF EXP THE ENEMY IS WORTH. I WISH I FOUND THIS OUT SOONER.

Bottom line: I totem poled my way through chapters 8 and 9 and my characters are 30 levels higher than the enemies

Posted

I LEARNED THAT THE SECRET TO BEING GOOD IS TO ACTUALLY BOTHER TO USE THE puppying ITEM WORLD. WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT ONE OF THE CORE MECHANICS OF THE GAME WAS USEFUL AND SHOULDN'T BE IGNORED

But yeah I increased the specs on a bunch of items that Laharl uses to the point that he can just sort of one-shot everything encounter. Combine that with the tower exp sharing and the Cheat Shop in Disgaea D2, which is a shop that lets you do things like sacrifice the amount of money you get for more exp, etc, and I have a team of level 300-700 characters. Not bad at all. I'm not nearly good enough to beat, say, Baal, but its enough to get me through a lot of the post game missions.

Basically the Item World lets you go inside an item, which consists of randomly generated levels (that usually dont take long to clear if you are prepared). Clearing floors increases the stats on the item. I took an item that gave +400 attack and turned it into an item that gives +2800 Attack. And thats only 30/100 floors

Disgaea is really awesome if that wasn't clear

Posted

Laharl is at level 1500 as of last night. The rest of the party is 600-1000. I think my main goal shall be beating Pringer X, who is level 4000. Anything after that, namely Baal at lvl 9999, depends on my mood when I reach that point

The 520% exp modifier helps a lot

Posted

Ok pringer x is going to be dead real soon. I figured out how to cheat the game into getting some good equipment and now laharl's attack stat is like 200k.

Posted

By the way, I played Disgaea. It was really dorky and stupid but ended up being a whole lot more fun than I ever thought it would be. Mostly because I thought it was just going to be a turn based RPG, but it's actually turn based strategy instead, which I can get behind 110%.

I don't know why I have such an aversion to the actual gameplay in things like Dragon Quest 9 or what have you? I just do for some reason. And just throwing in one simple extra mechanic to the gameplay somehow erases all of that aversion and makes it really playable. It's turn based battles, but you move your characters around on a map instead of having no control over that. Somehow all the boring parts of the Rpg are shattered and now I love it. I don't know why this is with me. But Disgaea 4 was what I played and it was fun and funny.

Posted

If you like turn-based strategy, play Civ.

Posted

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Posted

You should try bravely default, it has strategy to its turn based system

How far did you get after i went to bed anyway?

Posted

Uhhhhh, I went to the fields where the blue penguin girl was waiting for me, and I fought and defeated her. That was after I had to go through a bunch of brief tutorial levels. Then I saved and quit.

Posted

Ok so you fought fuka on the warp field. Everyone LOVES the warp geo effects. About as much as they love the clone effect