Movies

87 posts in this topic

Posted

My personal favorite Nolan movie, I think it's more in time with the kind of movie he wants to make than any other.

I guess you could say it's the Christopher Nolan-est movie he's made yet.

Posted

Prestige still da best

Posted

But its definitely a good movie? Not debatable?

Posted

Definitely a good movie.

Posted

Just watched Blazing Saddles. I feel like I understand everything seth mcfarlane's ever done now.

When I heard it was a really racist movie, I was expecting it to be endlessly mocking black people, but instead the star of the movie was a black man and the whole joke was how stupid and racist white people were against him despite how smart and capable he was. It was satire. The only thing I can think of that might have been racist was the scene with the native americans letting the black people go because "they're blacker than us." Maybe that scene was racist. The rest was just satire. It's not a racist movie, it has characters who are racist and then endlessly, endlessly mocks them.

Teto and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

Family Guy is still abhorrent trash, but Blazing Saddles is good.

Like, I guess I used to like Family Guy, but I ended up just getting sick of it. A case of associating something too much with the stereotype of the people who enjoy it.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I try not to let the fans of something change how I feel about it. But I know what you mean. I can put that show on for background noise and can watch it for a few minutes at a time. Not the worst show ever. I like it overall

Posted

American dad is the superior mcfarlane comedy.

But of course Venture brothers is the superior western animated comedy

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

The first three seasons of Venture Bros. Then it turns into a weird thriller show

Posted

I hear that the Boondocks, likewise, gets different writers after season 2 and stops being the brilliant satire that it is

Posted

The creators are now making a show called Black Jesus. It's actually pretty funny. The premise is literally just that Jesus came back as a regular black man in a ghetto, and everyone in the town just accepts that this random black guy in robes is Jesus, except for like one guy who thinks he's just a crazy homeless man. He says things like "I swear to Pops", and there are lines such as "He's supposed to die on the cross, not on the Escalade!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhV7Zusnd0s

Granddad from The Boondocks plays a homeless guy.

pheonix561 and T1g like this

Posted

I hear that the Boondocks, likewise, gets different writers after season 2 and stops being the brilliant satire that it is

Season 4 is the bad one, 1-3 are fine.

Posted

Implying Operation PROM isn't the GOAT animated finale.

Posted

Jumping around to all of the side characters and then going back to focus on Dean and Hank felt really weird. And all of the venture bros-centric episodes now just seem different. There was loosely permanent and scattered bits of character development. And then in season 4 they started having more character episodes. It's just shocking. It's still one of my favorites