Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pokémon X and Y Little Cup: Cyraken Wins!

95 posts in this topic

Posted

14-June-2014-300x131.png

Participate in Hyrule.net's Little Cup, a casual and fun tournament with prizes!

We're hosting a low-level Pokémon tournament next week on June 21st, and anyone can join! Worried about complicated stuff like IVs, EVs, etc.? No problem! In order to make the tourney start as painlessly as possible, the parameters are designed to make the tourney run with little preparation!

Little Cup Rules here when using Hidden Abilities.

Moves: Pokémon in Little Cup can use (nearly) any move available to them at Level 5. All non-genderless Pokemon can use their level-up moves, and genderless Pokemon can use any 3rd generation level-up move in conjunction with any TMs. Sonicboom and Dragon Rage are both banned moves. Further information on illegal move combinations is located here.

Battle Mechanics:

• Species Clause - Only one Pokémon may be on a team from each species.
  • Sleep Clause - Only one Pokémon can be put to sleep by an opponent at a time, per team.
  • OHKO Clause - Moves that score a guaranteed "One-hit-KO" on the opponent, such as Sheer Cold, Horn Drill, Guillotine, or Fissure, are banned.
  • Evasion Clause - Moves that boost evasion (i.e. Double Team and Minimize) are not allowed.
  • EVs: Contrary to some beliefs, it has been proven that even with a level 5 baby, any EV spread is possible on any Pokémon. Thus, the standard in game maximum of 255 EVs per stat, 510 EVs total is the only limitation on EVs in Little Cup.

Below are a few helpful resources on the Little Cup metagame:

Prizes:

The top four winners will get a Pokéball phone charm from Hip Cat Over The Moon! Fourth place will get a Pokéball, third will get a Great Ball, second will get an Ultra Ball, and first place will get a Master Ball!

14-June-2014-2.jpg?w=788

example of a Pokéball charm

Sign-ups:

Sign-ups will be closed next Thursday on June 19th, and the match order will be announced the next day on June 20th! The tournament will start June 21st at 3pm Central Time! Hope to see you there!

1. (✖‿✖)
  2. NinjaCat429
  3. Sahaqiel
  4. Necropolis
  5. Cyraken
  6. Yornsby
  7. T1g

Posted

This sounds fun but the level cap is sooooo low. Like, i think 25 would be a nice cap? At least then we could use moves other than scratch or tackle. Especially since breeding can give you a super advantage that you seem to be trying to avoid. Also, the evo thing is kinda dumb. Like, i get "no fully evolved" pokemon, thats fine, but to not be able to use 1 stage pokemon at all? Man that's a bummer.

Im down though. sign me up.

Posted

I suppose since this is dubbed 'Little Cup' though, I imagine there'll be different leagues in the future?

I'm not in, sorry. I haven't played Pokemon Y in ages.

Posted

How do you sign up? D: I want to sign up for it, but I don't know where.

Posted

How do you sign up? D: I want to sign up for it, but I don't know where.

I think you sign up in this thread :)

Posted

Then sign me up too xD I think using all the weak pokemon will be fun. It'll let you actually use skill instead of cheap tactics everyone spams.

Posted

Speaking of cheap tactics, how much are players allowed to influence their Pokemon stats through breeding?

Posted

Then sign me up too xD I think using all the weak pokemon will be fun. It'll let you actually use skill instead of cheap tactics everyone spams.

unless you know how to breed properly. The one person who takes the time to breed will just win. Like, no contest. 

Also, just because people use a common strategy doesnt mean they are cheap. Aside from breeding, there will be very little strategy here. Like, it'll be just like the first rival battle in the game. When you get your first pokemon and you just spam "scratch" and hope you win.

Posted

Sounds good. Are you signing up as well LL?

Also, welcome to the forums NinjaCat!

Posted

DOCTOR E THROWS HIS HAT INTO THE RUNNING!

Posted

Oh cool it's Little Cup now. I'll join too

Posted

I'd like to sign up, I guess I just post that here? lol

Posted

Yup! You're in! And welcome to Hyrule.net!

Cyraken likes this