Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

General Comics and Graphic Novels

30 posts in this topic

Posted

For non-DC or Marvel brands.

this came out this week. Its really rad

TheWickedTheDivine1-Page1_zps6fe50695.jp

By the author and artist team of the recent Young Avengers run- Gods are reincarnated on this Earth every 90 years, live for 2 years, and then die. They are pop stars and celebrities, but still have all of their divine powers. Issue one was really awesome. With great art and a story to peak your interest. Issue one was a bit fast paced and im not sure who the focus is on yet, but it was still good enough to check out issue 2 when it comes out.

Also, I found this recently. I want it cause, i unno its cool. *underground* zines and comics are just neat imo, and this one looks really fun.

teaglecomicscover.jpgteaglecomics1.jpgteaglecomics2.jpg

It's 4 euros, so i might pick it up soon.

http://www.jackteagle.bigcartel.com/

Anyone know of any other new or lesser known comics? Either as zines or issues or graphic novels?

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Ah, here I can profess my love for Saga. My agonizing trade waiting love for saga

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

There's one graphic novel I've always wanted to read by Enrique Fernandez. It's called Brigada, and he's currently working on a second issue. I have no idea what its about other than that it's about a band of dwarves and it's fucking gorgeous:

Cy72Mr4.jpg

qb9gxe4.jpg

OAVkL7s.jpg

qbOH4rU.jpg

Posted

that looks really awesome, pheo! get more info on it for us!!

Posted

I WILL AS SOON AS I CAN READ IT

Posted

Wuts stopping you?

Posted

actually buying and owning it

Posted

I was hoping a thread like this would be made, now I can talk about my favorite comic on the stands right now, Chew. These 2 panels that are in every issue explain the main gimmick of the series

Chew-1.jpg

The story is pretty wacky but also serious when it needs to be, and the art goes along really well with it. It's going to be a 60 issue series and they're on issue 41 at the moment so it still has a little while to go

Posted

actually buying and owning it

Jux like you're buying and owning all those summer movies, right?

Posted

Last I checked it wasn't a graphic novel that could be downloaded anywhere, so yeah, buying and owning it.

Posted

Probably arent looking hard enough ;-)

Posted (edited)

I just read chapters 1-8 of Berserk. I think I'm reading the same translation as Cascade. There's sometimes Engrish, but the names are all correct so whatever. Anyway, I feel like Guts is just super crazy. I know that it's probably gonna contrast to his personality in the upcoming Golden Age arc, but I feel like it's really over the top crazy. It's okay, though. In the anime I enjoyed Griffith's introduction and transformation. In the manga, I feel like he's kind of unceremoniously introduced in Femto Form. It looked really climactic and cool in the anime since it happened at the end. Also, in the anime, I liked the slow transition from a "normal" world into a more fantasy or magical one. It felt like there was no going back. The manga introduces a lot of magical elements from the start. I'm okay with it, I just am glad that I watched the anime first. It will be my own unique first impression of Berserk.

Puck is kind of annoying. I don't like the design of him and the only thing it's said so far is "guts!" And "watch out!"

Anyway, I am enjoying it. I'm obsessed with Berserk now. I'm going to take it from Pheo.

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)
pheonix561 likes this

Posted

ANOTHER SHEEP TO THE FLOCK

Posted

Puck mostly doesn't matter. Some people get annoyed with him but for the most part his shenanigans are in the background. Like you really only have to pay attantion to him if you want to

Posted

I can see why he's there, but I don't think he has to be present for every battle. Idk