Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Current Middle-Eastern tensions

60 posts in this topic

Posted

There's actually a lot of evidence coming out that the school bombing was staged by Hamas, and the bomb actually struck outside the school building and unrelated bodies were dragged inside the school building to try to make it look like the school was bombed.

I am going to believe the UN's reports over America, Jewish-run news corporations. I'm not saying that you got your info from American Jewish news corps, but they have exert reason to lie about this.

Posted

"Isreal was established on land that had been previously owned by the British and where Jewish communities had been living for centuries."

If I recall correctly, over 70% of the people living in that territory were Muslim. Regardless of past or present, that's what happened and it didn't make a lot of sense. That's kind of why the Muslims were pissed they were kicked out against their will after western powers pretty much yanked them back and forth for their own benefit. Israel exists because Europe didn't care about what happened to the Middle East as long as it gave them money and connections. "Owned by the British" doesn't mean much.

I think pretty much nearly every interaction western powers have made with the middle-east, especially ones dealing with non-Jewish people (Arabs, Persians, Ottomans, etc.) have been horrible and unjustified in order to suit the west. Control of the middle-east was once divided amongst Europe's countries according to trade routes, particularly trade ports, and since then we've still yet controlled them. I'm not entirely educated on the west's current motives for siding with Israel, because honestly I don't really know why we care about it, but our seemingly unfounded support of them is really bizarre and fanatical. Hamas seems really bizarre and fanatical too. But like I was saying earlier, it seems like the people in power are bizarre and fanatical as well. Just, kind of everywhere.

Anyway, going back to a previous vein, I understand that the presentation that The Young Turks use was really emotionally laden, and didn't really report exactly why these things were happening, but looking more objectively here, what exactly justifies civilian casualties of that magnitude, at all? Or just, the wanton slaughter of people by a large governing body based on the actions of the few? We didn't bomb schools in Afghanistan or Iraq after 9/11 while "looking for terrorists". That would be on worldwide news. And what the hell. Bombing a school? People are less likely to become violent extremists if they've got a good education. I don't understand why a school of all places.

I think the emotional aspect to this reporting isn't quite as bad because it's not trying to rile people up for a fight, but rather, trying to rile people up for peace. Like, how different would society have reacted if nobody attempted to outrage everyone over the horrors of the Vietnam War? There had to be an emotional aspect to how it was presented because of how bloody and senseless it all seemed. It's the same kind of deal here, I think, only there's not really a clear answer as to what should be done. Hamas keeps firing rockets, yeah, but the response should not be to raze their cities until people stop dissenting. That gives Hamas power. It gives them their own power of outrage, of injustice. It breeds fear and fanaticism. This has been demonstrated throughout history.

So idk man, whatever the case, everyone needs to calm the hell down. This is a solution to a problem that's as temporary as a bandage and as effective as a kick in the teeth. Israel needs to come up with a way to destroy Hamas' fanaticism, but I would think that's difficult when they're so absorbed by their own.

Posted

These rising tensions are just that. Rising.

however the tensions have been there for thousands of years - give or take a few hundred years.

All these atrocities are occurring but in truth they have been for a very long time.

Posted

You're right about that; the continuous fighting as we've known it may be generally accepted as a result of the last centurys' events, but both Islam and Judaism have a long history of aggressive expansion. Islam in particular used violent measures to wipe out the Zoroastrians in the early Middle Ages, establishing themselves as the major religion in the area. The original settling of Israel was not a peaceful event either; the Hebrews drove out many settled peoples in their promised land before converting it into ancient Israel.

That's not to say Muslims and Jews are uniquely violent people, but like a lot of religions they have a precedent for religious violence. People might not realize that, but there is history to back it up.

Posted

Israel doesn't have any inherent right to exist more than Palestine does, though.

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

_h309_w628_m6_utrue_otrue_lfalse.jpg

lol look at this puppying picture MSNBC used

Posted

What's the context?

Posted

Current Middle-Eastern tensions

Posted

Call it West Asia please.

Posted

Was that a joke?

Posted

You should call it by the proper term

Posted

Yeah, you're joking

Posted

I'll admit when you think about it "middle east" is so obnoxiously eurocentric. But the name is stuck for good now, so nothing can really be done.

Posted

There's a nation called "The Netherlands" so the Middle-East can get over it. And is Ohio really the Midwest? No. And there's no center of the topographic earth, it's all relative. So middle-east is fair game.

And how is telling people what they SHOULD say any more obnoxious than a slightly "Eurocentric" name?

Posted

'cause it's ethnocentric and promotes the idea that the whole world is relative to "western" countries

Even if you don't see it that way, there are many, many people who do.