Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Recipes Megathread

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Why don't we have a thread for recipes? It's strange. I'm constantly running across long lists of recipes for delicious food on websites and I figure you guys run into recipes that I never see so uh. Let's share.

Here's something I found on imgur this morning:

http://imgur.com/gallery/mYEqE

Posted

Some baking recipes call for butter or an oil of some sort. Butter makes it taste better but oil makes it moister. Using half the measurement of butter and the other half oil gives you the taste of butter and the moisture : >

Treemotan and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

I move to reclassify this as a thread until it achieves the appropriate amount of posts to be a true Megathread.

Posted

Aren't we all just young adults living off of frozen meals? I don't know what's so surprising about a lack of a recipe thread. I was surprised to see when you posted one at all.

I'm starting to think about doing some serious cooking though, now that I'm about to go away to college again. The science of it is really interesting as well, so I think I might do some studying in my own time out of personal interest.

One thing I want to make a habit of making are pierogi; Polish dumplings of baked or fried 'unleavened dough' (so it says on Wikipedia), usually stuffed with sauerkraut, potato, ground meat, cheese, etc. It seems like the kind of thing you could put anything in, so I think it'd be interesting to put something more traditionally Scottish in it, like haggis, or turnip and potato.

Looking it up apparently they're a bit widespread in the US and Canada, which is interesting. 

Posted

I wish to eat haggis before I die.

Posted

Haggis is alright. We have it occasionally as a cultural novelty more than a common fixture. Like America and human rights, but instead it's edible and anyone can afford it.

Posted

Guys I just cooked Chicken and Green Beans am I a master chef yet

Sayuri batter watch out because im gonna challenge her to a cook-off soon B)

Sayubie likes this

Posted

:U I'm only a wee baker tho

Knuckle likes this

Posted

I completely forgot I made this thread

Posted

I make a lot of tex/mex cuisine because it's cheap as shit and really easy and damn delicious

Posted

I make a lot of tex/mex cuisine because it's cheap as shit and really easy and damn delicious

plz share

Posted

This was a favorite meal of mine growing up, and very easy to make.

post-6085-0-06038000-1408680954_thumb.jp

Posted

This is now the food thread by the way. Wider net.

I'm in Dundee now. I've decided to do the thing where I make an excess of one meal and store it for subsequent days. I made spaghetti carbonara the first night, and it held pretty well for the two nights after. I made spaghetti carbonara again tonight, which was definitely a mistake. Maybe the eggs were slightly undercooked, but regardless of that I think I realise now that it's definitely not a good idea to live on the same thing 4 nights straight. I feel rather unwell. I did put in 4 eggs, when one serving would call for 1. I used 2 the first time and that did me well enough, but this time I overdid every ingredient just to see how it worked out, and to use up what I had in the cupboards.

But yeah I feel a bit sickly now. Probably the eggs.

Sayubie and pheonix561 like this

Posted

You fool.