Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Death

25 posts in this topic

Posted

From a personal perspective, death kind of loses its sting when you believe your life has purpose. And I don't mean just one particular purpose, like martyrdom or something, I mean daily purpose. Living a purposeful life. Death is just a part of that.

What is more scary than death, in my opinion, is being stuck in a conscious body that can't move for 40 years being kept alive on a machine. Of course, that too is temporary.

Death is sleep. I believe in a future for all of us, so take heart. We're in enemy territory right now so it seems like God/the world/other people are against us. But I think this life is short for a reason. We will know everything one day, but for now we should emulate Christ and live our lives for each other. We do that, I promise you, we'll all be happier.

I fully expect to have a bad death. Christ promised as much for those that follow him, because the world hates him, and they will hate you too. But it is temporary, and the next life won't be. The pain we go through now is minuscule when compared to the infinite joy we will receive at the end of the age.

Posted

I fully expect to have a bad death. Christ promised as much for those that follow him

are you gonna be bummed when/if you die of old age, surrounded by your loved ones? 

Sayubie likes this

Posted

I will be, I know that much

Knuckle likes this

Posted

are you gonna be bummed when/if you die of old age, surrounded by your loved ones?

yeah. It's up to me though, really. If I don't practice what I preach that'll probably happen.

Posted

I feel like that's a perfectly reasonable way to die, and you are stupid if you think otherwise. Millions of people die everyday, in pain and alone. It's fun to romanticize about "going down in flames" but if you seriously got to die with minimal pain, surrounded by loved ones, witnessing your legacy for the final time and you are disappointed with how you physically left this world... god damn, talk about first world problems... 

Cascade and Sayubie like this

Posted

I want to die for something/someone I love. You can die however you like. You don't have to be rude.

Posted

I dont disagree with what you say, so much as how you are saying it and what you imply as you say it. But that was kinda rude. 

Posted

I want to overdose on morphine

Posted (edited)

Y'know... I said a bunch of things in this post and (call me a coward for it w/e) I feel like nah words wasted. 

Edited by Rawberry (see edit history)

Posted

I'm not trying to trivialize your feelings, Silver, but this was too funny not to post.

tumblr_mo6dkvP1fm1rvf66jo1_1280.png

pheonix561 and Cascade like this