Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Nintendo 3DS announced

12 posts in this topic

Posted

So apparently they announced a new Nintendo 3DS model. This isn't like the 3DSxl or the 2DS, this is thing has new hardware and some new buttons.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/08/29/new-nintendo-3ds/

This means that there will be games exclusively for this device, with its enhanced CPU. What do you guys think?

Posted

I'LL BUY IT JUST FOR THOSE SUPER NES COLORED BUTTONS, WHICH ARE CANDY FASHION AS HECK BY THE WAY.

pheonix561 and T1g like this

Posted

Speaking as somebody whose current financial situation makes the purchase of a new game console almost entirely unfeasible: AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGH!!

Posted (edited)

As I already said in the Smash Bros thread, I wish Nintendo wouldn't do things like this. I mean the XL and 2DS weren't a big deal but when you make a more powerful version with a game the older models can't play, that makes me a little upset. There are probably going to be more games that are only supported by this model down the line too.

I mean if it becomes the main focus I guess we'll all just have to get ready to upgrade to the new model and toss our old 3DS aside, which I'm not looking forward to

Edited by Double45 (see edit history)

Posted

Here's hoping that companies realise that basically everybody who wants a 3DS already has one, and that their games won't sell if they make games that alienate the people who have the slightly outdated model. I don't think many people are going to spring for this new one when it's not vastly different. Nintendo will probably release a spray of new games, and reboot/rehash ancient titles to try and incentivise consumers to get the new model, but I can't see many people rallying up their resources to buy a slightly better model just to get a few exclusive games.

Then again the new buttons might only come into play for Amiibo-based games, which then makes sense if they're making an updated model simply to accommodate their Amiibo thing. That I can understand. I don't give a damn about Amiibo games, so as long as they don't expect us to buy this new model just to play games that would otherwise have run on the previous model, I'm good with that.

Posted

I wonder if the camera is still bad? But also, do games even use the front camera?

This new model adds a control nub, which is cool, but it looks hard to use. It's like they wanted to do the bare minimum

Posted

Apart from maybe face raiders and the insulting Mii generation thing, I haven't needed to use the front camera at all.

Posted

The new one will track your face's position with the front camera to improve the 3D viewing angle, which is AI as heck by the way.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

@Ganny Oh, that's cool. But there are two things I find weird.

1) The stylus is on the bottom. Sounds bad.

2) The SD card slot doesn't have a dust cap. Why.

T1g likes this

Posted

1) if you're playing games that use the stylus at all then please DON'T buy this and pollute the noble blood of the elite.

2) are you referring to the SD card slot that is within the device's casing?

Posted (edited)

3ds-2-top-1.png

This is cool.

I still wish the joystick was near the star buttons, rather than up near the hinge. I feel like the placement of the tiny nub doesn't help its ease of use. I haven't held it- I could be wrong

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)