Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Star Wars

40 posts in this topic

Posted

New Storm Trooper costumes

star-wars-episode-7-stormtrooper-helmet-

star-wars-episode-7-snowtrooper-helmet-6

star-wars-episode-7-stormtrooper-prop.jpstar-wars-episode-vii-chrome-trooper.jpg

star-wars-episode-7-chrome-trooper-conce

The second one and the last two pictures look cool.

Posted

All of your images don't link to anything except for the website you're hotlinking them from

Posted

So apparently Topher Grace made a 90 minute cut of the star wars prequels

Posted

So how bout that trailer

Posted

The first actual words dr shrubbery has typed in a year. I agree with them.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

Has Shrubs actually not been typing? I have seen people mention shrubs not typing. I actually had not noticed. Whats the problem? Shrubs is fine. Don't hate the shrubs.

Posted

I'd like to talk about this.... this travesty!

blackstormtrooper.png

A black stormtrooper, have you no shame Disney!

In case you can't tell I'm being sarcastic. I am all for this, I especially love the idea of an Imperial trooper abandoning his service to join the Rebellion.

Also this gets me hard in my no no place!!!!!

113014_Trisaber_FEAT.jpg

T1g likes this

Posted

Yeah at first i was like "wtf aren't they all clones or something"

but then i realized that it is certainly within the realm of possibility for a normal person to join the troopers, so it checks out

Posted

The clones were decommissioned a while after the purge.

Posted

Oh were they? I guess I just don't know shit about star wars then. Excuse my scrubby ways

Posted

Its all good. This was enough of a thing that they had to officially say on the twitter, when people asked why it didn't look like Jango fett.

Honestly it was something debated as of late, since the only things officially canon are the movies, Clone Wars and rebels, and any books post 2013. None of these things officially say they decommissioned the clones, but it was a fact previously. This is the first time someone has added an addendum fact to the new canon. Interesting times

Posted

the guard doesn't make sense though because the guard's innermost part is the vulnerable metally part...

Posted

Several different explanations have been presented. Stephen Colbert put forth that the saber goes all the way to the middle, and that the guard is more to protect your hand from hitting the saber.

I98Rndg.png

An interesting alternative, and one I rather like, is that the side bits, which do appear in the teaser to be less solid than the blade, are not blades, but rather a type of exhaust. This has a lot of interesting possible connotations. Over all the saber just looks less consistent, right? I mean this could just be an art choice, but since they're going with such a classic feel for these movies I would imagine that the sabers would follow suit.

So maybe this is just a shitty saber. In some of the EU, not canon I know, in the far faaaaar distant past, lightsabers were not as economic a design. They often required an additional battery to operate. Something like exhaust would also make sense. So what if these sith aren't with the program. What if they're just some dark Jedi who learned about the Sith and have molded themselves after them. They made a lightsaber from some incomplete blueprints, so its not quite right. They're a new sith, not part of the previous Palpatine order. Its an interesting thought