Hey everyone, it's been a while hasn't it.

118 posts in this topic

Posted

So glad to hear you're back! We've all been worried about you, believe it or not. Right after you were talking about being worried about going in for your surgery you disappeared, and we started to think maybe the worst had occurred. Thank god we finally have someone to update the Marvel Thread again!

Posted

Unfortunately I haven't picked up a comic book in months nor have I seen any movies. I have been watching the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and I am very pleased with the direction post Captain America the Winter Soldier.

Posted

Glad you're back

Posted

I tried standing today and it didn't go well. The thing I can't fathom is my knees had no trouble supporting me when I was 585 pounds but they buckle when I try to stand at 298.......it doesn't make sense!

Posted

It's probably got something to do with lack of use.

Posted

Yeah, muscle atrophies very quickly when you don't use it, especially if you are ill.

But congrats on the progress, try to stay positive with everything, that always helped with my rehab after having my shoulders reconstructed. Keep the good work up!

Otis McNutt and pheonix561 like this

Posted

On Friday I was finally able to stand under my own power for two whole minutes before having to sit down.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

GO MAN GO

Posted

Man, this is really inspiring! Keep at it! You'll be walking again in no time. :D

Otis McNutt likes this

Posted

I'm thinking about getting one of those go pro cameras to record my progress and post the videos on YouTube.

Edit: I just priced those cameras, it'll be cheaper to just use my phone to record video.

SilverAlchemic and pheonix561 like this

Posted

The physical therapists here say I'm definitely getting stronger. I was able to climb a set of stairs.

SilverAlchemic and pheonix561 like this

Posted

Start jogging!

Posted

I was feeling a bit cooped up today and decided to sign myself out for the day. After some aimless wandering in my chair I found myself in the local plaza. I decided to throw caution to the wind and bought a ticket to the new teenage mutant ninja turtles film. All in all it wasn't totally terrible.

Posted

Man, stick with it! We take things like walking for granted, but it really is remarkable how simple it is to get to where we have to start over. But you're already improving, and you can keep it up! Look how far you've gotten and imagine how far you'll go.

Otis McNutt likes this