Hey everyone, it's been a while hasn't it.

118 posts in this topic

Posted

Man, stick with it! We take things like walking for granted, but it really is remarkable how simple it is to get to where we have to start over. But you're already improving, and you can keep it up! Look how far you've gotten and imagine how far you'll go.

I don't think I'll ever take walking for granted again for as long as I live.

pheonix561 and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

Looks like I'll be spending Thanksgiving as well as my Birthday here in the rehab.

Campus-Nursing-Center.jpg

Posted

Got some good news today. My leg strength has increased by 6%, it might not sound like much but considering where I was a few months ago it's huge. Also my hands have improved dramatically. A month ago I could squeeze two pounds in my left hand and three in my right. Today I can squeeze six pounds in both.

SilverAlchemic, T1g and pheonix561 like this

Posted

niiiice

all good news

Posted

My Sister who doesn't usually visit me here stopped by for a visit Sunday and brought me a gift she bought at Target.

amiibo-link.jpg

She knows how much I like Zelda so she picked it up. If anyone is feeling generous my birthday is coming up December 2nd.

Posted

Did more standing today. I lasted for four minutes before having to sit down. I could've gone longer if my knees hadn't buckled.

Michael likes this

Posted

happy-thanksgiving-1.jpg

I've never really done that whole "What are you thankful for?" Thing. But I think with all I've been through this past year that I'm thankful for the love and support I've gotten from my friends and family. I'm also thankful for all the weight I've lost and the progress I've made in my recovery.

I hope everyone has a safe, warm and hearty Thanksgiving (and to my non American friends a joyous holiday season).

LLmao ?✊? and pheonix561 like this

Posted

As 2014 draws to a close so does one of the most frustratingly difficult and also in a weird way incredibly empowering times in my life. What initially seemed like a curse has become in some way a blessing in disguise. I was 585 pounds and staring down the barrel of an impending heart attack. Even though I've lost over 300 pounds I'm not out of the woods yet. I feel that 2015 will be the year of great personal triumphs.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

My mother bought me this tiny Christmas tree so I could add a bit of holiday cheer to my dreary room.

untitled_by_savantiromero-d88yfuf.jpg

SilverAlchemic and pheonix561 like this

Posted

Glad to hear you're making all these improvements! Keep us posted about 2015 :D

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

Ah man, I haven't been around much, but coming back and reading about your progress is inspiring. Looking at how you've come so far, I think you're absolutely right; 2015 will be a year of triumph, no question about it!

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Had a bit of a setback today. I went to physical therapy for some standing practice and rolled my ankle. The nurse here will check it in a few hours to make sure that i didn't sprain it. I'll keep you posted. I know this might seem a bit dumb but I was hoping that my friends here at Hyrule.net would take a couple minutes and send me a Christmas card. I've already got a dozen or so from Facebook friends and I'm curious to see just how much I can get.

The address is

Broomfield Center for Nursing and Rehab C/O Otis McNutt A22

355 Park Ave

Bloomfield Connecticut 06002

Posted

Definitely man, I'll make one for you :D

Otis McNutt likes this

Posted

Good news no sprain.

pheonix561 and Treemotan like this