Hey everyone, it's been a while hasn't it.

118 posts in this topic

Posted

Who would be bringing it?

Posted

Who would be bringing it?

My Father

Posted

As someone who lives with no TV or cable I say forget it.

Posted

You have to watch something SOMETIME right, like on the internet at least?

If so, then it's just a little bit nicer when you've got a big television.

Otis McNutt likes this

Posted

If I was trapped in the hospital, I think I read a lot. Or like, I say that, but idk if it would happen.

Posted

I would, or at least try to. That and sleep a whole lot :x

I really don't even use stuff like netflix. The most I do is watch youtube videos and then it's just as a resource or just to watch some 2-minute video.

Posted

But do you watch Homestuck flash videos?

Posted

You have to watch something SOMETIME right, like on the internet at least?

If so, then it's just a little bit nicer when you've got a big television.

Yeah they have free WI-FI access and I do have an iPad. I'm on it right now.

Posted

Sleep is what I would do most. Probably read a lot too. I can go at a prodigious pace if I have nothing else to do.

Posted

People often ask me how this place is. I tell them it's really not that bad, but truthfully there is one thing that bothers me the constant barrage of Religion. For those of you don't know I'm an Atheist and have been for over twenty years. I grew up Catholic and went to church and believed the stuff I was told but as I got older I just got to a point where the stuff I was hearing just became so unbelievably outrageous that I just had to quit. 

When I first got here I was visited by a local priest who asked if I wanted to take communion and when I told him that I was an Atheist he almost tripped over his own feet rushing out of my room like he couldn't get out fast enough or risk catching my Atheist germs. I thought that was the end of it but now I have people coming by every so often trying to "Save" me. I politely listen what they have to say, accept their prayers and or pamphlet and then wish them a good day. I don't know what they are hoping maybe one day that I'll "see the light" but it ain't gonna happen.

Treemotan and pheonix561 like this

Posted

People often ask me how this place is. I tell them it's really not that bad, but truthfully there is one thing that bothers me the constant barrage of Religion. For those of you don't know I'm an Atheist and have been for over twenty years. I grew up Catholic and went to church and believed the stuff I was told but as I got older I just got to a point where the stuff I was hearing just became so unbelievably outrageous that I just had to quit. 

When I first got here I was visited by a local priest who asked if I wanted to take communion and when I told him that I was an Atheist he almost tripped over his own feet rushing out of my room like he couldn't get out fast enough or risk catching my Atheist germs. I thought that was the end of it but now I have people coming by every so often trying to "Save" me. I politely listen what they have to say, accept their prayers and or pamphlet and then wish them a good day. I don't know what they are hoping maybe one day that I'll "see the light" but it ain't gonna happen.

It's like that around here too, and we're not even in the Bible Belt. Lot of Jehovah's Witnesses too. I once had a customer at work hold me up for 45 minutes trying to convert me. 

Yeah. I feel your pain and commend your mental fortitude. I'd go nuts if I had to sit through that all day with no means of escape.

Posted

death is the only escape

Posted

no

Posted

I had a bit of a surprise today. I was watching yesterday's episode of the comedy central game show @Midnight where they have a game called #Hashtag Wars (I've included a video for reference)

I was on the Boston Sun Times website where they post things from Twitter that people are talking about

http://boston.suntimes.com/bos-news/7/119/86074/patriots-state-of-the-union#comments

That's when I came to #2 in the Artice I was reading, it was a collection of tweets from the shows game, the topic was #RichPeopleProblems. Look at the final tweet of #2.

Posted

What happened on the episode that surprised you?