Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Good News, Everyone (and also, halp.)

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Shit, I have no idea. You guys are already farther into this than I've ever been. I guess just keep hanging around each other and having fun until you get sick of each other? Let me know how that works out.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

And Andrew, still miffed I'm only "kinda pretty" >:U

I WAS TRYING TO NOT SOUND LIKE A SAPPY IDIOT IT DIDN'T WORK

Knuckle, T1g, Treemotan and 1 other like this

Posted

I WAS TRYING TO NOT SOUND LIKE A SAPPY IDIOT IT DIDN'T WORK

Nah, it did. I gave you a kiss, didn't I? I'm just teasing, man.

Posted

Talking is not an issue. Very much not an issue.

I don't think there's much we HAVEN'T talked about.

Still though, it's new ground and any advice is appreciated.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

Continue showing affection in ways you feel comfortable rather than feeling like you have to stick to some socially acceptable sequence of courtship. If playing videogames and hanging out together a lot and telling each other all your secrets is what makes you like each other then that's all that matters.

Try new things and be bold with each other. This can be as simple as baking a cake or going to a place you've never been, but you have to make new experiences together.

I think you've both already gotten good at the most important advice I can give, and that is to get to know each other as best you can. You guys seem really great at that right now. :D

Really you two are super cute I'm so happy for you! :)

Posted

I wish I had received this advice:

Don't worry about the status of the relationship too much. Maybe this is further down the road. But don't try to like focus on what it should be, or what other people think it should be, or "progress" or anything like that. Just do it day by day instead of getting ahead of yourself. It's counter-intuitive. The more you focus on the relationship, the less you are actually in it. Just do what feels right, basically.

Cirt, DR SHRUBBERY! and Treemotan like this

Posted (edited)

Don't hold onto petty shit. Most issues are petty even if they seem like a big deal at the time. Express your thoughts and feelings in a non-argumentative way about the issues if you feel you need to express them, if you don't want to then let go of them. Don't hold onto that stuff because it leads to resentment and blame.

Also no sex before marriage. (Seriously though, regarding sexual things literally disregard every input about the matter that isnt both of yours, because everyone is different with sexual stuff and feeling obligated to or feeling like you need to wait for people to approve isn't good. I mean, except for being safe, definitely practice safe sex if you're gonna have sex.)

Edited by Verity (see edit history)
Treemotan and pheonix561 like this

Posted

BAH how exciting!!! This is so adorable. I am really happy for you two. Relationships can be such a breath of fresh air. Pep in your step kind of thing.

I second what LL said about not worry about the status of the relationship. Since you two were pals for so long, you're already comfortable with each other so there's little stuff to be awkward about. That can definitely be a relief. :>

And like what knuckle said, it's important to create experiences with each other. Go and do fun things! My last ex and I did a lot of videogames and Netflix and just hung out. That stuff is good, but doing something different can be fun and when you're with your significant other, it makes it special. You learn to enjoy the moment and the present so much more.

Don't rush anything, but be honest. Honesty goes a long way - I learned that even when I was trying not to make a big deal out of something, I wasn't being totally honest. It's good to be on the same page. And don't be afraid to voice your desires - you can't read each other's mind (yet).

Disagreements aren't bad. Learning to negotiate is just that - a learning experience. It's give and take, but always be respectful. Not everyday is going to feel like cloud nine.

Don't spend every waking moment with each other. Another mistake I made with my ex - we, like you guys, were good friends before we started to date, and found it was just fantastic when you got to spend all of your time with your best friend! Ha. Spend time with other people because friendships are just as important as relationships. I regret not realizing that sooner and I wish I had made more friends in college. Also, it makes you "that couple" when all you do is spend time with each other.

That's all i got for now but I'm sure I'll think of some later. Yay you guys!!!!!!!!!!

Treemotan and DR SHRUBBERY! like this

Posted

Honesty is Important.

Remember to date, not in a "we are dating" way but actual, memorable, dates.

When you are upset, talk about it, even if it isn't directed at your partner it can seep.

Be you, too many people put on a show for a while, but you can't keep that up forever, trust me there.

You have other friends, don't neglect them.

Also, be sure you can function on your own, you should always be two people who are separate, but desire to be with one another.   If you can't live without them, rethink the relationship (seriously, experience talking here)

Might have more later.

LLmao ?✊? likes this