Majora's Mask 3DS Remake Announced!

36 posts in this topic

Posted

I got an email from Amazon informing me that Majora's Mask will be delivered on Tuesday February 17th.

Teto likes this

Posted

So, Aonuma has been doing these vidjas recently showcasing Majora's Mask 3D and it's pretty fun watching him play it even though it's like he's never played the game before, which is sad, but whatever.

ASMR Edition:

Aonuma gets so quiet at times during this video, but it showcases some nice things, like the updated journal and such.

Old Men Doing Cute Things Edition:

Aonuma is adorable and hilarious and so happy in this video. Showcases the gyro whatever who in this one. P. sure the feature was in Ocarina of Time 3D, but it's nice to see it as good as ever. It's also probably better with the New 3DS as well. Maybe?

The only problem I have with it so far is the top screen's HUD. The original game's clock was perfect in every way. I'm exaggerating, but it was pretty much perfect. Now that it's just a bar at the bottom with the time displayed outright... it just feels wrong. I realize the amount of screen real estate is immensely lower on such a small screen, but I still feel like they could've come up with something better than this.

Pretty sure he'll being doing one more or a few more? Can't remember, but I can't wait to see more things.

Posted

I am posting this video of my own volition.

Fierce Muffin likes this

Posted

That opening cutscene looks so much more atmospheric and better done than the original, it makes me wish it were available on a console. Here's hoping for a Wii U/Wii U 2 re-release of them in Super-Ultra-HD-4K-8K in the future.

Too bad about the giant eyeballs on bosses and the worst time of day display on the HUD. :[

Posted

Too bad about the giant eyeballs on bosses and the worst time of day display on the HUD. :[

Besides all that it looks like a vast improvement over the N64 version. 

February 13th can't get here fast enough, I'm just glad I've recovered (almost) all of my manual dexterity.

Fierce Muffin likes this

Posted

Simply Amazing!