Try playing "Ocarina of time version 1.0"

44 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So what i get from this game is that

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Christianity

http://zeldawiki.org/Gerudo_Symbol#Ocarina_of_Time

Link is an honest hylian crusader trying to destroy the evil islamic Ganon who has his Gerudos as servants.

And when Link needs to rest, he can just return to "The Temple of Time", aka Cathedral.

Man this game rocks!

Just a shame they have made Zelda more of a mixture of neutral fantasy now. Twilight Princess was the closest to go back to the medieval feel. I think Nintendo after Wind Waker, and now with Skyward Sword have chosen a new directive approach rather than focusing on the medieval Zelda. Its a shame though. I think the medieval periods is what makes Zelda games so great!

Edited by Rufia (see edit history)
Knuckle and Nizhstipt like this

Posted

"honest crusader"

"evil islamic"

this is dumb

Knuckle likes this

Posted

In the original Zelda game Link was called "Top Lad". It was meant to be set in a 'forever young' housing estate in London, where nobody truly 'grows up', because they're all just in and out of jail, and every time they get out they're making up for lost youth by getting up to their same youthful antics. The deku tree represented Top Lad's unwillingness to leave his friends; lost souls destined to live their youth delusion forever. The deku tree now dead, the Top Lad could escape to follow the true way. So he went out and found God. He eventually returned to the estate years later to find his young love Saria, still drunk and playing slot machines like she was when he left. Always acting the big sister, but she's was just as lost as the rest of them.

Navi was his will to live, and when he saw his home in such a state, she began to wither and die, and so Top Lad had his existential crisis. Who am I? Where did I come from? Am I the only blooming flower in a desolate land? Am I a blink on the screen? In his search for identity he puts on many guises. He goes over his life at least four times, and in that introspection he finds his true self, and that true self keeps his depression from crushing him.

But then they made it a fantasy game instead.

RIP Top Lad.

Posted (edited)

I notice that the buttons i step on in this game are all crescent and star. I even think that Ganondorf's cape has one on it before they changed it, same with the gerudo flag symbol :o

This game just got deep for some reason! I tell you back then they were really into this stuff!

Posted

There is more to this than Christianity buddy

Posted

Okay, see, I would find that video much more fascinating and watchable if it were, you know, not so shamelessly weeby. Like the whole time I was watching it I was just "this is by definition what extra credits is except made by weebs for weebs."

Posted

yeah gaijin goomba is really hard to watch sometimes though he makes good points most of the time

except for when it comes to feminism; he doesn't really understand it

Posted (edited)

I don't usually like those conspiracy youtubers. I mean its the type of " I assume this and that". Can't stay objective. (And i have a strong dislike for "The Game Failures") Should rather be called "why they polute youtube with stupid garbage" :P

http://jesstival.com/youtube.html

But from the most legit source, Nintendo just changed the religious reference in the next version because its nintendo, and they just can. And that's about it :)

Kinda like what they had with "Aladdin Arabian Nights song" Disney just changed it in the new version... and thats about it. Y'know because its Disney and it can, because it wants to be PR friendly :P

Original

0:23 - 0:29

Changed version

0:22 - 0:28

Speculating without objective facts is like arguing if 9/11 was an inside job lol. Gotta get them facts right boy

Posted

He isn't even a "conspiracy Youtuber"; it was just an analysis of why the chants and the symbol were offensive to their relevant demographics. That blog is just pointless rambling by some random person.

If you're trying to claim that objective facts are important, you wouldn't say things like "evil Islamic" and "honest crusader". You would also recognize that Youtube is a platform for all kinds of free speech, which includes good points and bad. The whole thing is not garbage. Not even just the opinion videos are garbage. To claim that would be a gross generalization, and would ignore more facts than some guy talking about why certain parts of the game offended people. And yes, Nintendo took those things out because it offended people. Otherwise, they would not have bothered.

Posted (edited)

Just pointing out that YouTube contain loads of nonsensical monetary garbage content, which you can get good examples of the desperate silly punchable faces in thumbnails with the expressions of goofy faces :)

Well they have lots of the typical misleading stuff that one can be better of reading instead. The type of videos that every monetary youtuber has. It works for killing braincells. To think is not their goal.

Which is why searching for information is simply a better tool in that case.

Well thats due to islamic theocracy "They haven't left it, so anything that will offend them (Just like ISIS) its a mafia religion of our time. You write a book criticizing us, we will kill you, you depict our prophet we will kill you, you make a movie about how we act like we will kill you". So they are still in the dark ages... no other religion in our days act like this... which is sad, since we have progressed from that... they haven't. And some loonies have joined ISIS too.

Which is the reason why more open debate about this is for the better. People knew little of this religion before after 9/11. This have led people into questioning it more and shaken the chackles a little more. Which is the case of reform suggestion,

And people like

Ayaan Hirsi Ali.

Mostly liberals have deluded people long from criticizing this religion. Which people have started to frown on those. And there have been many atempts to silence people from speaking about it, because kafirs and infidels don't work in that sense. Making up words as Islamophobia or racism.

- Which have been debunked that its not a race. Racism like hating blacks or white. While belief is fundamental for their belief and affects others into it. Which can be criticized in the same way christianity can. But have been brought in controversy because its the only religion that has a problem of question unlike other religions.

- Islamophobia is a second atempt at avoiding debate about it. In the same way some can use "Christophobia" to avoid questioning christianity.

Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism are pretty much open for debate. Islam have intollerance for other people with different beliefs than their own, and gender discrimination rules in their religion. So talking openly about it has been up in some cases. But the majority of course likes to hush it down. Which is why liberals are the ones calling for the fault of having a naive attitude in religious criticism. It will go nuts over the tiniest bits of Christianity "Like not making a gay wedding cake". While in places like Iran, gays can be killed for such crime according to the rule of law in a islamic country. Which liberals or other leftist politicians excuse it with misunderstanding. In terms of toning it down the core issues that it is permited because of Theocracy. Which we don't have in the west. That is usually the root of the problem when religion meddles too much in politics and the rule of law in a country to say the least.

Which people in UK struggle with. Have heard that UKIP might get elected due to displeasure. In the same way "Sweden Democrats" won a place in the government in sweden.

Posted

I, uh

what

Posted (edited)

i can't generalize your stupidity :applause2:

Sahaqiel membership club
http://youtu.be/5wx8UHrSO0Y

Ammirite guys

2ee.gif

But i somehow feel religious for a Zelda game when i think about what it was based on. Of course i think they experimented pure fantasy with Majora's Mask borrowing the graphics and stuff from Ocarina of Time. And then in Wind Waker. I think that was like, screw it. Lets make pure fantasy. So religion basically was gone after that i think. Which is why i see Nintendo going in a kinda just fantasy direction with the newer games instead of focusing on medieval age.

Also if you guys have tried NES Zelda 1 and 2. Do yourself a favor and play the famicom version instead, it has much better sound and music effect!

And you also get the uncensored version.... magical :D

Posted

Ammirite guys

Nope.