Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Do you visit other forums?

23 posts in this topic

Posted

This thread will result in an ultimatum.

This goes out to newer or less active members: Do you visit other places? What brought you by this one? What brought you to those other forums? 

I remember times when I would hop around a lot of forums as I tried to fill up the gaping hole in my soul that called out for attention and human warmth. I was on a lot of forums all at once, and would join forums for brief moments and be gone before a week. I think the same of people who visit this forum for brief moments; maybe you're just dipping your foot in the water? I just find that interesting to ask.

And the regulars: Where do you get your kicks? Are you two-timing Hnet? At this point you're basically committed so you have no excuse. Sure it's alright to test the waters when you're just dating, but you're married to Hnet now. You have to make a choice.

I look forward to hearing from you :)

T1g and pheonix561 like this

Posted

Actually, Hnet is the only forum I've ever routinely visited. There's a few other haunts I have for more formal or professional things like the unity3d forums, but as for the places I visit for the sake of visiting them, this is the only one. Not really sure things got this way.

Posted

This is the only place that I've had a long-term presence at. I would either get banned or bored from other forums.

I wish we had drama more. Or something funny. It was always fun to see how quickly stuff spread and who would show up and comment on stuff. I remember Gabs and Tappy being funny that one day. It's cool to see site-wide things happen. Like when IRC pours over into the forums, it's fun.

Posted

Yeah the IRC community is pretty much separate from the forum community at this point. Its pretty lame

Posted

Yeah, same with me, this is the only forum I've joined where I've actually stuck around longer than a week. Not really sure what made it so different from any other forum I've joined at the time. Maybe how less "taking-the-forum-concept-way-too-seriously" this place was compared to other ones I've tried? Pretty sure I joined just as this place was starting to slowly die. Oh and the whole somewhere-to-be-your-actual-self unimportant nonsense as well I guess.

But yeah, pretty much trapped in unhappy marriage to this forum at the moment. I've sadly made that choice already. Gotta stick all the way through with it. 

T1g and pheonix561 like this

Posted

Nope, at least not till the kids are out of the house or one of us dies

Teto and pheonix561 like this

Posted

I'm quite proud of you all. Proud mama.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

This is my secondary forum, I come on here when I remember it exists :c

Posted

Your bit on the side, are we? I feel rather... used.

Posted

Definitely the forum I've stuck around the longest. Proud of that fact and also amazed by the fact that I have known you guys longer than some of the important irl people in my life. I never think I'm going to leave but i do wonder when like when I get married and have children of I'm still gonna be on Post Yourself putting pictures of my wedding or my goddamn offspring like wtf

I'm also at that point where most of my friends are getting married so it's puppying weird to know in like 3 years I'll probably also be there and like you guys remember me when I was 15 lol

Posted

I'm fine with the idea of still being here when I'm 30. I have to stay until I'm 25 at least so we can talk about Avengers 3 when it's out.

T1g, pheonix561, Verity and 1 other like this

Posted

Yeah, I'll be 23 in a few months and I'm showing no signs of slowing down, so. I will in all likelyhood still be here when I'm 25.

Posted

I like you all too much to just leave. The hard part is figuring out how to stay in touch with my horde of college friends after I graduate

I might have to resort to... facebook

Posted

Pshht Facebook isn't bad. If its just people you like than it could be a blast. Facebook is like your own digital shrine. You can document your whole life on there. On my gravestone I'll just have my Facebook url engraved. Just posting on Facebook about my new course thinking 'This will look real good at my wake'.

Posted

Or you could do what I do and just add everyone who asks you to add them without discrimination. A few weeks ago someone added me out of the blue on facebook who was apparently a friend of a friend who thought I was seemed cool. She's in her fifties or something and lives in california and makes placemats and makes predictions about the future on her facebook statuses and is basically insane.

32OSqbi.png

It also turns out my mutual friend doesn't even know her, so. The only reason I haven't removed her from my friends list is because she's just such a trip.

Teto likes this