Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ask a stupid question.......

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Welcome To ask a stupid question the place where any dumb question is accepted.

I have long believed in the existence of parallel realities. Other plains of existence running parallel with our own that can have history exactly like ours or incredibly different.

If you could live in a version of reality inspired by any book, movie or television show which one would you choose.

Posted

Probably Pokèmon or Harry Potter lol. There's a better chance of living peacefully and still having really cool stuff to do.

Teto likes this

Posted

dog planet

Posted

Do we have outside knowledge of this world?

Posted

Do we have outside knowledge of this world?

maybe they do

Posted

I didn't mean dogworld specifically, just in any world you were to translate yourself to

Posted

I would rather lose this universe's knowledge and start fresh. Otherwise you'd spend all your alternate universe life saying crazy stuff like "in my universe, we didn't have _____". Also it would maybe be painful because things that you remember from this universe would never have happened.

Are we stoners or is this a normal conversation

Posted

Harry Potter please please pleeeeease

Posted

If Adam & Eve didn't puppy up and try to become God by eating from the tree of knowledge, we'd never be wasting our time with this conversation. Dogs know what's up. They don't philosophize. They just eat stuff and enjoy the world. We just went ahead and started trying to create life and build the world to our liking. Eventually we'll see that nature had it right in the first place and we'll tear down our cities and live like the animals, having given up on knowledge and power. Leave that to the gods. Human beings don't live long enough to be anything more than amateurs anyway. We should just be dogs. Why can't we be dogs.

I want to live in the alternate universe where nobody ever gave a shit about knowledge or philosophy.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I dunno man I like to be able to think deeply about things and stuff.

Do dogs even enjoy sex though? That knot thing looks like it huuuuuurts something terrrible :sadlink:

Posted

Not to bring up any philosophical quandaries or anything in such a silly thread but isn't it strange that Adam and Eve were blamed for a crime committed when they were roughly as intelligent as animals? Talking snake tells you to eat apple, well yeah your gonna eat the apple. Or fruit or whatever.

Posted (edited)

Harry Potter please please pleeeeease

As long as you aren't a squib (or whatever its called).

I can't think of a sadder existence than being a squib in the Harry Potter world. You know that magic exists, and learn first hand that it is basically is the best thing ever for people that have control over it. Your entire family, closest friends and associates all get access to this amazing lifestyle while you are forced to sit back and watch as a second class citizen, watching them turn eachother into frogs and shit. All the while, you are also subject to all the prejudice and hatred against non-magic folk that are the center of conflict for the novels.

Filch the janitor goes through the novels basically being the butt of every joke, to the point where one of the most respected professors in the school, McGongall, calls him a blithering idiot in the last book, and then everybody starts cheering. How he manages to put up with a school full of magical little shits and faculty members with questionable morals for 7+ years I will never know. It makes sense that he ends up being a sadist wishing that he had the authority to torture students, and that his best friend is a cat. The guy deserves some kind of medal just for the fact that he didn't snap.

Realistically I would imagine the suicide rate for squibs would be pretty high.

Edited by Brodongo (see edit history)
Knuckle and Cirt like this

Posted (edited)

What was the reason given that muggles could never know about magic? I'm guessing the reasoning is probably pretty half baked and requires a lot of willing suspension of disbelief.

Edited by Brodongo (see edit history)
Knuckle likes this

Posted

I believe it had to do with the persecution of magical people, witch hunts and all that nonsense.

Knuckle likes this