Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nintendo at the Movies

11 posts in this topic

Posted

When you mention the works of Nintendo and Movies in the same sentence what flashes in most minds is.....

Oh yes your hatred feeds me!

Seriously did the writers of that train wreck ever even play the game? 

The glaring downside of the dreaded Game Based Movie is the epic unfamiliarity of the cast, crew writers, etc to the source material. 

Which brings me to the point of this post. If you were asked to consult on a film based on a Nintendo game what game (besides the obvious Zelda) would it be and how would you try to placate even the most die hard fanboy and fangirl?

Posted

Super Mario Bros movie would have been a passable generic 90s sci-fi flick, if it wasn't matched to the Mario franchise. As it is, I feel like it's the only Mario franchise-related media which can be considered canon.

If I had to consult on any, it'd be Pikmin. I'd make sure the morph suits for the pikmen looked just right, and that they used actual real life flowers for hats, to make it realistic. In my version of events the Pikmen are quite strong, so to make it translate well onto the big screen, the Pikmen would have to be quite buff. So essentially the Pikmen would have to be beefcakes in body-tight, coloured morph-suits, with plant pots on their heads. That'd be my major concern with a Pikmin movie; that they would miss this detail.

Otis McNutt and T1g like this

Posted

Nintendo characters rarely talk, so it's hard to give them a personality that pleases everyone.

However, Starfox could be a CGI movie, I think. I'm not a huge fan, so I don't know what I would like to see in a hypothetical movie.

T1g likes this

Posted

I agree, actually. I just want to see another starfox game or movie. Renounce everything that happened after Starfox 64 as uncanon, and make a direct sequel about what happens to the lylat system after andross tore everything up or something.

Posted

Also, if the movie sucks, who cares? Lol. Starfox is already dumb.

Posted

Nintendo characters rarely talk, so it's hard to give them a personality that pleases everyone.

However, Starfox could be a CGI movie, I think. I'm not a huge fan, so I don't know what I would like to see in a hypothetical movie.

Ratchet & Clank is already happening this year, so the Space Furry movie is already done.

T1g and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

Ratchet and Clank is getting a movie?

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I'll probably watch it, because Ratchet & Clank is cool. Movie content is different from the games, but apparently they're also doing a remake of the original R&C for PS4 with a plot more closely following that of the movie.

The trailer looks lame and typical, but trailers always do I guess. They never really represent the movie well. I like the premise, so I'll watch the movie.

They're also doing a movie for Sly Cooper, but who cares about Sly Cooper? Nobody. I won't watch that one.

Posted

The only good video game based movie I've ever seen is the Sonic the Hedgehog movie.

Posted

Are we all forgetting Hero of Time?

Because I hope we haven't forgotten about Hero of Time

Posted (edited)

1jUMNZA.png

Also the Super Mario Bros. movie is a huge guilty pleasure of mine, it's just perfect in this weird way.

Edited by Double45 (see edit history)