Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

dennou coil is real, eventually

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Putting a netflix screen over everyone's face, all the time.

Posted

These things are so vague. Like at least with the Oculus Rift, we at least have a good understanding of how well it works because it's just a couple screens attached to your head and they have videos of real people demonstrating what they're seeing on an external screen with real reactions. With augmented reality tech like Google Glass and HoloLens, there's really no way to tell if these things work nearly as well as they do without using them, but they're so rare and demos of them are exclusive, so I'm still sitting on skepticism of Google Glass even though they've been commercially available and real for a long time now. To me these commercials bear just as much weight as that fake hoverboard commercial that came out last year, because all these videos are just of these heavily CG'd tech demos that have no believability. They're practically in the same realm of reality to me, especially with the frivolous interfaces that look like they're pulled from bad sci-fi films.

Fierce Muffin likes this

Posted

I didn't realize I was unconsciously thinking what Shaq said until now, but that's pretty much how I feel about this as well. It's pretty strange how I still have no idea what Google Glass actually does, but I mean, I never looked it up to begin with. I never looked up Oculus Rift, but I know how that functions. Maybe I'm just a bab.

It's good to know that these things are in development though. Obviously, they're not what we want them to be yet, but they're being worked on and that's what matters. We'll just have to keep waiting for all them scifi movies to come to life a bit longer.

Posted

PC gamer has an article from someone who got to demo the hololens at ces, he said it was interesting, but very incomplete still and the AR only affects your direct vision, not your peripheral, so it's kind of disorienting to use. Could be cool, but needs a lot of work.

Teto likes this

Posted

Now we can fight wars with sick hologram mechas and nobody gets hurt

rad

Posted

n-nobody else wants YuGiOh duels with holographic monsters? ok ;-;

LLmao ?✊? and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

knuckle, I think that's what I would spend my money on if I had millions of dollars to spend. 

SilverAlchemic and Knuckle like this

Posted

Actually, I'm pretty sure those Yu Gi Oh cards would be doable with today's technology. It would basically just be the same as those cards from the 3DS, where the camera sees them and then projects a 3D image onto them, right? The only reason we haven't actually done anything with yu gi oh like that is because nobody gives a shit about yu gi oh.

Posted

no they dont

Posted

I actually had two guys talking about Yu Gi Oh in my library the other day so YES PHEO THEY TOTELY EXIST GOSH