Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hyrule.net's Smash Bros. 4 (Wii U) Tournament

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

zelda4__large.jpg

I was thinking of hosting a Smash 4 tournament. This thread can be edited later and turned into the official tournament thread. But would anyone be interested in this? I know that Miss Medli, T1g, and a few people have it. Tournament matches can be spread across a few days, if necessary. It would be cool to have a lot of matches so that results can be posted across multiple days (if it does take multiple days). Even people from other sites could join. It'll be cool. I believe we can spectate matches of our Wii U friends? 

Thinking of a rule set similar to "competitive" Smash 4 tournaments. No items, no Smash Ball, best of three games, only use certain stages, counterpicking stages, etc. I will post an official rule set later. Or we can vote on rules and maybe even use items and stuff if that's what the majority wants. 

Just to gauge interest, would people here be interested? or do you know friends who would be? If you're interested, please post here so I can see if this is worth doing. :)

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)

Posted

I would join in for funsies, but I definitely am no where near capable of playing this game at a competitive level. I've probably put less than two or three hours into playing it cumulatively.

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

Smash 4 is easy, I'm sure you'll do well. I made sure to put "competitive" in quotes because the skill gap between scrub and "pro" is nothing 

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Alright, if my brother is back in town with the WiiU by the time this can happen, I'll be up for it.

Posted

If it's at a time that I'm available, I'd be down. When were you thinking of doing it?

Posted

can this also be 3ds

Posted

@dark one, it depends on how many people show interest. Maybe this weekend, but could be later to give people more notice.

@saha, Im not saying no, but I think more people have it on wii U here. I know you can use a 3DS as a controller on a Wii U, but not vice versa. So playing on the wii U is more versatile

Posted

I will not be back in town with pheo for like 2 weeks, so I cant be in the tourney until then

Posted

Sounds good to me. I have it on 3DS and Wii U.

Posted

Yay

Saha can you play on that1guy's wii U? ^_~

Posted

c'est possibleu

Posted

LL

T1G

Pheo

Saha

Dark_One

Jareddude