Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

‘Legend of Zelda’ Live-Action Series in Development?!

28 posts in this topic

Posted

I assume it's going to be bad. One reason being that it's made by Netflix. I didn't even know Netflix made its own shows so... I can only imagine. I'll probably just end up watching it online though because Netflix is too expensive anyway.

Posted

You're really dumb

Posted

I assume it's going to be bad. One reason being that it's made by Netflix. I didn't even know Netflix made its own shows so... I can only imagine. I'll probably just end up watching it online though because Netflix is too expensive anyway.

CHECK

ht_house_of_cards_nt_130211_wg.jpg

MATE

Orange-is-the-New-Black-02-poster1-e1374

Cirt likes this

Posted

This feels like forever production hell

Posted

as Otis said, Netflix actually makes some really badass shows. 

I puppying love House of Cards. OitNB ain't bad either. Haven't watched Marco Polo yet but I heard that was good too.

Posted

as Otis said, Netflix actually makes some really badass shows. 

I puppying love House of Cards. OitNB ain't bad either. Haven't watched Marco Polo yet but I heard that was good too.

I didn't know OitNB was made by Netflix. My friend streamed it online and I only watched some of the second season. It's okay... I guess. I've never heard of the other two though.

Posted

I remember the good old days when The Legend of Zelda was an obscure game known only to die-hard Nintendo geeks, now it's becoming more mainstream. 

I mean just look at this!:

zelda_yahtzee.jpg?w=660&h=880

Legend of Zelda Yahtzee!

And Monopoly!

48.jpg

Now I hear there's even a planned Lego set

large.jpg

This is a fan model but it'll give you an idea of what to expect.

Posted

I feel like that's kind of a good thing. The more people who see this stuff randomly in a Barnes and Noble, or something, the more people who might get into the series. It gives Zelda more exposure, giving Nintendo more possible money, giving us more, better Zelda games.

Posted (edited)

Zelda used to be a thing that I would be really surprised others liked. Like I would see a keychain or something and be like "DUDE!" but not anymore. I think I just don't do that anymore. Also Zelda is more known now.

I remember I was 8 and I tried to be Link for Halloween on year, and no one knew who I was. My costume was pretty good IMO, considering there wasn't any kind of Zelda costume anywhere.

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)
Otis McNutt and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

I had to hand make a Link Costume for my nephew for Halloween, but I cheated by cannibalizing an already existing Peter pan costume. I also made a Hylian shield from cardboard and craft foam and painted a Lord of the Rings Ringwraith sword to look like the Master Sword. Then with the little time I had left cobbled together a Ganondorf costume (which consisted of a black shirt and pants, an old grey duster jacket, a cheap red wig, dark green grease make-up and a cheap plastic generic Halloween skull hilted sword). 

LLmao ?✊? likes this

Posted

i personally don't really dig the netflix shows much, but not because they're BAD. i'm really picky with television in general. however, house of cards is puppying rad as sin, i won't lie. i have high hopes for this supposed zelda show mainly because being negative about it just because it's something i / we love and don't want to see it ruined is just like assuming the next zelda game is gonna' be bad for the same reason.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I liked Orange but the main character and her fiance were just unbearable people. The writing was also like, good, but sitting in a weird position between good and okay at times. It had a somewhat pretentious New York feel mixed in with cliches from high school dramas. Like Will & Grace and Mean Girls had a lesbian prison baby. I plan to watch more but I hope that specific writer isn't involved in this series. Haven't seen any House of Cards but I know it's pretty popular. My overall impression of the Netflix originals have been pretty good though. Hopefully they can make this pretty great, lest we fling ourselves back into the 80s era of scarily bad video game external media, where everyone is scared to make something because the world will remember it like it does the Super Mario Bros. movie.

Posted

If this series does ever end up getting made I think that Baltimore Knife and Sword should make the screen weapons. They've made the Fierce Deity sword and the Link to the Past version of the Master Sword as well as the Skyward Sword version of the Hylian shield.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0