Nintendo to do more 3DS Remasters

26 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/nintendos-comeback-strategy-includes-cheap-games-3ds-remakes-and-more-demos#.VNVzBPnF9jI

Nintendo seems to have intent on making more 3DS remasters to help the system grow. IE, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Zelda Majora's Mask, Donkey Kong Country returns 3D, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. Personally I think that this could be a fun strategy that would give us something to do while nintendo works on the bigger projects. 

Probably the biggest problem for wii u and what can plague the 3DS is the large gap inbetween games. Aonuma had the Zelda team remake Wind Waker on Wii U to saturate our hunger for Wii U Zelda in the dev time for the actual Zelda U and as a tool to help him learn the system. I think that remastering some games could help to fill in that gap, especially if they outsource to Grezzo or related studios.

What are some games you would like to see come to 3DS? I personally think that Donkey Kong 64 and Super Mario Sunshine are great candidates to come. What do you guys think?

Posted

I think 3D re-releases of SNES games would be cool.

Or Paper Mario game. They don't have to be remade for graphical updates really. But it'd be cool to have those on a handheld. Sticker Star was a huge letdown.

T1g and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

Yeah, I hear nothing but praise for the first two paper marios, and then nothing at all about the second two lol.

Posted

Fingers crossed for Pilotwings 64 and Megaman

Posted

Thousand Year Door 2, the game where someone lost the keys to the thousand year door and its up to mario to find them

Posted

I feel like nintendo is underutilizing Mr. Game&Watch. They should reinvent his games in the same vein as WarioWare. Maybe not mini games/party games, but they can grow that property. It's not like they're going to piss off die-hard fans. Because they don't care about him. I don't even think he had a name until Melee came out.

Posted

they should remake selda 2: seldas revenge

Posted

Yeah, I hear nothing but praise for the first two paper marios, and then nothing at all about the second two lol.

Dimentio is from the third one so it's automatically the best. Some people don't like that it's some sort of ultra-simple action RPG but forget them, the real purpose of the game is to just slowly become enamored with one of the villains. (Also for the record O'Chunks is basically Pheo)

Cassandra likes this

Posted

O'Chunks is such a bad character. Literally just a bunch of Scottish stereotypes (despite his name sounding Irish lmao same thing ofc) shoved onto a bunch of coloured boxes and that's it. In general I hate the design of every character made specifically for Super Paper Mario. They're literally just pixels and boxes. Laaaaaaaazy.

Anyways on-topic, I want 3DS remakes of Pokémon Snap and Pokémon Puzzle League, the ONLY n64 games that matter or were even good. Make it happen Nintendo. In fact a full-on sequel to Snap would be awesome. I would genuinely support that. Seriously make that happen Nintendo.

T1g, なべ, LLmao ?✊? and 1 other like this

Posted

Either for the Wii U or 3DS. These systems were made for Pokemon Snap. 

なべ, T1g and Sahaqiel like this

Posted

It honestly baffles me that they haven't made another pokemon snap game. It's to the point where there such a demand for it that I could see an indie studio just making their own colorful whimsical animal island game and giving you a camera and running you on a rail through it.

Otis McNutt likes this

Posted

(Cascade is a Mimi fan and just won't admit it)

What's the big deal with Pokemon Snap? I remember enjoying Hey you Pikachu a lot more :x

Posted

Posted

Hey You Pikachu! was actually nice. If you're not a kid and understand that Pikachu does what he wants most of the time it's a charming, somewhat calming game. But it can totally be frustrating.

Pokemon Channel, on the other hand, was so godd*ng boring. Jesus.

But yeah they need to get on Pokemon Snap U.

Posted

It honestly baffles me that they haven't made another pokemon snap game. It's to the point where there such a demand for it that I could see an indie studio just making their own colorful whimsical animal island game and giving you a camera and running you on a rail through it.

I would buy Pokemon Snap 3DS in a heartbeat. They could include some of the new Generation pokemon in it too.