What's on your mind?

82 posts in this topic

Posted

It's a thread where you just tell all your friends what's on your mind! I have a few things on my mind at the moment.

I took a shower and went outside whilst my hair was still wet and it froze. My hair has frozen countless times but the phenomena never ceases to amaze me.

When I went outside I noticed how silent it was. No cars, no people, just birds chirping and a slight breeze. Definitely different from the noise of bustling cities that I'm used to.

Posted

The wind is cold and uninviting today whereas yesterday it was nice and pleasant...

way to be FICKLE and DUMB, wind :sadlink:

Posted

Pro tip: if you brush your hair while it's frozen, frost will come off in your brush.

Cassandra likes this

Posted

MY hair's frozen a few times. Pretty crazy. I'm always reminded of that Jimmy Neutron episode where the mom broke a piece of her hair off

Jareddude likes this

Posted

I had a particularly rough day at work. Yesterday was bad too. I'm not sure if it's like a hormone thing but I was pretty upset by the time I got home both days.

I feel overworked and underpaid and frustrated. I can never leave work without feeling like I've finished my tasks for the day. There's always SOMETHING to do. And it's always time sensitive. When I get to school in the morning, I'm flustered. I get to work an hour early (I don't have a planning period) and I leave usually an hour or an hour and a half later than when I should leave. 

I'm puppying tired, too. I sleep okay now (had some problems staying asleep at first) but I don't get enough of it. I'm at work for twice as long as I sleep.

Today I went shopping for myself, for clothes, for the first time in a few months. I was disgusted at the weight I've put on. I look awful, too, I've got terrible circles under my eyes and I look pale. I couldn't bring myself to buy clothes because I felt so guilty at the state I'm in and so terrible. 

Then I called Dylan and cried on the phone because it's only Tuesday and I'm over this week already.

Sahaqiel and Jareddude like this

Posted

Is it one of those things that you'll gradually learn to streamline with experience?

Posted

Man that must be incredibly tough :sadlink: I worry about stuff like that sometimes too, and I wish I had a good answer for you but I'm only in the process of training for my license right now so I don't have the same level of work you do by a long shot. I'd say to think of the good you're doing the kids you teach, that's what keeps me going at this level.

Posted

Cherry flavoured tea tastes like cough medicine umu

Posted

To be honest, the only thing on my mind lately is the New 3DS and MM 3D. Zelda games always do this to me.

Posted

I'm never going to get these essays done and they're not going to be very good and oh no english classes suck

Posted

It's ok silver I'm sure you can...

brew up a winning set of essays B)

(actually do alchemists brew things? I'm not so sure)

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I'm never going to get these essays done and they're not going to be very good and oh no english classes suck

What's the topic?

Posted

Autobiographical. There's 11 prompts, and I have to choose nine and complete a 5-paragraph essay on each. But there's a bunch that I'm not sure how to approach at all. oh no english classes suck.

It's ok silver I'm sure you can...

brew up a winning set of essays B)

(actually do alchemists brew things? I'm not so sure)

Yeah, they do. also go puppy youRSELF THAT WAS THE WORST OMG

Posted

I'd never considered that people's hair would freeze, that's a nice one.

Posted

Me and my girlfriend were gonna spend all day together but... things happened...