What's on your mind?

82 posts in this topic

Posted

:sadlink:

I played Majora's Mask 3D all day. And paid some bills so I don't feel like I didn't accomplish anything significant.

Posted

Me and my girlfriend were gonna spend all day together but... things happened...

Oh? Everything all right?

Posted

Oh? Everything all right?

She was visiting a sick family member for most of the day.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm starting to butt heads with a co-worker who refuses to take the trash out because she's a girl. It involves making maybe two trips to our dumpster that is approx 70 feet away in a wel lit area.

She gave me an ultimatum: either I can do it, or her and the only other worker (another girl) can do it together, leaving me all alone in the store. She is working the position that involves taking the trash out, not me. I would gladly be in the position, and I normally am. She wants to stay in that position, have me take the trash out, then she wants me to go back to my position. But I am in the position of authority over her, so she's in no place to give ultimatums.

She's a conservative and Christian person also. I'm having to do more work because she's a girl. This is how I'm spending my ten minute break.

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)

Posted

I'm starting to butt heads with a co-worker who refuses to take the trash out because she's a girl. It involves making maybe two trips to our dumpster that is approx 70 feet away in a wel lit area.

She gave me an ultimatum: either I can do it, or her and the only other worker (another girl) can do it together, leaving me all alone in the store. She is working the position that involves taking the trash out, not me. I would gladly be in the position, and I normally am. She wants to stay in that position, have me take the trash out, then she wants me to go back to my position. But I am in the position of authority over her, so she's in no place to give ultimatums.

She's a conservative and Christian person also. I'm having to do more work because she's a girl. This is how I'm spending my ten minute break.

Conservative Christians man. The bad kind I tell ya. Sounds like some SERIOUS puppyING BULLSHIT. If they can't do their job, they get fired so.

Posted

I'd like to introduce you to my Guns. They're named Butter and I can't believe it's not Butter!

deadpool_guns_for_cosplau_by_ceije1010-d

Posted

Next time she asks you to take out the trash, just pick her up, and when she asks you what you're doing say "taking out the trash". 

Nothing could go wrong.

Posted

Next time she asks you to take out the trash, just pick her up, and when she asks you what you're doing say "taking out the trash". 

Nothing could go wrong.

deadpool_oh_snap__by_savantiromero-d8im6

Posted

Deadpool isn't even cool.

SilverAlchemic and Knuckle like this

Posted

tumblr_njamfuhXKj1so305eo1_1280.png

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Is she doing it out of legitimate fear or is that just her excuse? Assuming that you can tell based on her general attitude at work. Sounds like not doing her job is something she could.be fired over, and she shouldn't be the one handing out ultimatums. But if she actually is legitimately concerned for her safety, which I can understand to an extent, then I guess that complictlates things. I suppose she could maybe still be fired, but she'd have to be given a formal warning that action will be taken if she continues to compromise the operation of the workplace by refusing to do her job.

But assuming you don't have the authority to take action, I guess all you can do is talk to someone higher up than you about it? Doesn't seem.like a situation with an amicable ending anyway.

But I didnt check the date on that and it was like. Last month. Still putting up with it?

Posted

It's not really a problem anymore. She was taken advantage of before by some stranger, so she's paranoid about stuff. She also uses a name tag with a different name because she's afraid of stalkers.

She's not lazy or anything. Her views on gender roles are just really annoying

Also, I work with a bunch of conservative Christian people and last night they were talking about transgender topics. I cringed a lot.

pheonix561 and Teto like this

Posted

What did they say?

Posted

Man, conservative Christians. It's always the conservatives making a fuss, isn't it?

Posted

They just have opinions