The Monster Hunter 4 Thread

36 posts in this topic

Posted

Luneth are you already on my friend list? I forget if you are. If so, what name do you appear under?

Also I am now rank G2. Steadily progressing towards the strongest monsters in the game. The subspecies that appear in the G Ranks are puppying insane

Posted

Sorry, life was busy yesterday. My n3DS code is 3282-5066-2561

I don't think you hvae this 3DS. I didn't do a system transfer and this n3ds is about two weeks old. Need yours. I'm technically HR3, but technically not. We have the same person host constantly since his internet is the best and I haven't done anything on my own guild yet. We did beat Brachydios. God have mercy.

T1g likes this

Posted

Mine is in the 3ds thread, but its 3437-3073-2643

The sooner you add me the better

Posted

Mine is in the 3ds thread, but its 3437-3073-2643

The sooner you add me the better

I said 5 days ago

Luneth apparently hates me so I have been playing with Fort

thats right, I am currently bothering fort in monster hunter and helping her get over hurdles like the freaking dalmadur

MH4U-Dalamadur_Render_001.png

additionally, I finished my final set of armor, I quite like it. It is Furious Rajang armor, i.e. armor designed specifically for murder. I will post a pic at some point

Posted

What do you do in this game?

Posted

You basically hunt giant monsters. The entire game is boss fights. You carve off parts of the monsters and use them to make equipment.

It's sort of like dark souls in terms of combat, in the sense that it is "figure it out or be heavily punished into you do"

Go get the free demo and give it a whirl. It us a good way to try out all the weapons to decide what ones you want to use

i-C2SxPsZ-1050x10000.jpg

Teto likes this

Posted

Imagine trying to beat Goku from DBZ in a fist fight. Now lock him into super saiyan mode. This is what fighting a Gold Rajang is like. It is like a Rajang that is locked in its rage mode, but also has a second mode on top of the previous rage mode. Going Super Saiyan 2 or something.

Card_Master-Golden_Rajang_Artwork_001.pn

Now imagine being restricted to only attacking it from the front because you are trying to break off both of its horns (so you get one as a drop). This is what I spent several hours doing, so that I perfected the art and got 3 of said horns. It is a nightmare. It is fast, brutal, and frontal assaults are tantamount to suicide. But I succeeded, and after hunting down a bunch of equally rare monsters for their horns, since apparently this is the one armor set they are going to make you work for the most, I succeeded a few days ago (as mentioned earlier).

The armor set is entirely built around giving you temporary spikes in attack power, and being an all around murder machine. In other words, now I AM THE RAJANG

ZZ6KIoL.jpg?1

iSEBVZZ.jpg?1

Alternatively, I am Ganguro Fem-Gamagoori the Super Saiyan. My Original Character do not Steal

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

your hair looks like super saiyan 3

Goku_SSj3_v2_by_drozdoo.jpg

Knuckle and T1g like this

Posted

I am going to list out the Skills the armor provides me, because I love them

Spirit +2 -> greatly empowers you when the enemy enters rage mode

Gloves Off +2-> Greatly empowers you when you take too much damage in a short period of time, or engage in combat with a boss for too long

Elemental -> boosts the power of elemental attacks

Edgemaster (incomplete) -> Boosts your attack power and weapon sharpness

since edgemaster is a rare skill, I will need to jump through hoops if i actually want to use it. Until then, I am using (through gems)

Evasion +1 -> increases invulnerability period while dodging

Evade Dist Up -> increases the distance you dodge when rolling

So yeah, my character actually goes super saiyan mid battle its hilarious

Posted

Luneth continues to ignore me but its fine because I just helped Fort reach G2

Posted

I actually made a new character so i could learn how gunners work. I will use them up until i hit g rank, at which point I will just obtain a bunch of gunner equipment with my main. Using a Heavy Bowgun

Its a lot of sniping and learning when to get the puppy out of the way. Or at least, that's how I currently see it

Posted

And to this day, I never got to play with Luneth. I did poor a ridiculous amount of time into the game. Haven't played it in a few weeks but it was a blast. I figured out how to play gunner, which is actually quite fun. I am not as good at it as I am with the charge blade (which I am god-like with), but that is fine.

I also gem'd my deviljho gunner armor to give me artillery +20, which boosts the damage of explosive rounds, wyvern fire, Ballista, and Cannons by a large amount. This makes fighting the Gogmazios really fun (picture of it in spoiler tab)

MH4U-Gogmazios_Render_001.png

Gogmazios is the thing you have to beat in order to get your G-rank special permit, which lets you take on any quest in the game. I have since become a Gold Crown hunter, which is the highest rank in the game.

Basically you fight the Gogmazios in the battlements, which is a map that has a Groosinator-style cannon-on-tracks, as well as ballistas and some binders. This dragon is huge and you can get free knockdowns on him if you are clever with using the cannon. But the best part is when the Demolisher finishes being primed. The first thing you need to know about the demolisher is that it is named the DEMOLISHER. it is a giant anti-dragon cannon that you can't use unless you did the quests that allow you to buy ammo, and cooling it down takes like 10 minutes so you are better off not missing. If you stack that with the Artillery God skill it will take out a giant slab of its health. Having someone on the rails is good because it distracts the monster from the other players who nip at its heels.

So anyway, the music that plays in the fight is pretty foreboding, but what is cool about it is that it can change based on the conditions of the fight. If it gets pissed off and starts flying (which is impressive due to its size), the music takes a sinister and foreboding tone, however, if you hit it with a demolisher round, the music becomes triumphant and uplifting. I actually shot it down from the sky with the demolisher, much to the surprise of my friends, due to the fact that you can't actually aim the demolisher, so I timed it really well. On impact, there was a large explosion and he dropped from the sky to the ground for a solid 20 seconds, too dazed to get up.

This game is amazing and I only stopped playing because I am waiting for monthly updates to be released.

Posted

joe0001_by_nch85-d8logqm.gif

I never thought someone would make the deviljho cute but here we go.

Came from this video:

Posted

This.

Looks.

So.

Stupid.

Posted

You know I started that trailer and then stopped to pretend like it never existed. Way to puppying go pheo

pheonix561 and Knuckle like this