Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A Question about Majora's Mask 3D

10 posts in this topic

Posted

I've never played Majora's Mask before, so I'm thinking about getting MM3D. On the other hand I want my first experience with this game to be authentic, for lack of a better word. My question is, does MM3D feel like Majora's Mask? Does it still capture that same essence with three more years of development than the original?

Posted

Just bought this game today so maybe I can help :D

Majora's Mask 3D is like a streamlined version of the original with a couple translation tweaks from what I've seen so far. If you really want to get the exact experience of Majora's Mask I suggest you emulate it on your computer and do a very quick playthrough, then complete the game 100% on the 3D version. But if minor changes won't bother you (and I really mean minor in the truest sense of the word) just buy it now on 3DS.

Otis McNutt likes this

Posted

The changes really are minuscule. I don't think you'd be losing anything by playing MM3D, other than the feeling of playing it with an N64 controller.

Posted

I had some fun with my cellphone today.majora_s_mask_wallpaper_by_savantiromero

Plus the skullkids laugh plays whenever someone texts while the first day clocktown theme is the ringtone.

Posted

The biggest difference I've seen so far is the Bombers' Notebook. In the original, it inexplicably knew the exact schedules of every NPC for every side quest, while in the remake you have to gather information from characters and the notebook just keeps track of it.

As far as I can tell, nothing of any real value has been removed from the original game. And some of the more frustrating/annoying/deficient aspects have been refined.

Posted

Oh yeah, now that I've beaten the first dungeon I can give a little more  background. In general there's an intentional difficulty decrease but some enemies have been altered a bit to be more fun to fight (the first boss had a major tweak and basically doesn't fight the same way).

Posted

I just got there too. I hope they didn't change the second boss fight too much, because he was one of the best bosses in the entire Zelda series.

Posted

It got even better, you can't cheese him by ramming him over and over with Goron Link anymore.

Posted

Goht was so fun in that game.

Odolwa was fun and never seemed very formulaic or gimmicky.

Posted

the only thing about Odolwa in the original is that Deku Link doesn't really do any good against him. In the 3DS version he can be useful but you can still beat him the old fashioned way.

That being said, Odolwa is my favorite boss.