Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Twilight Princess Superior to Ocarina of Time?

29 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't think anyone will doubt that Ocarina of Time is a classic and probably one of the best games ever made. Twilight Princess was a great game with its good storyline and amazing graphics, but can anyone truly say that it's way better than Ocarina of Time? For me, my thoughts on Ocarina of Time have not changed at all even though I've played Twilight Princess. When I played it, I didn't have that feeling I had when I first played Ocarina of Time. Do you think Ocarina of Time is still the greatest Zelda game? Post your comments here.

Posted

I don't think anyone will doubt that Ocarina of Time is a classic and probably one of the best games ever made. Twilight Princess was a great game with its good storyline and amazing graphics, but can anyone truly say that it's way better than Ocarina of Time? For me, my thoughts on Ocarina of Time have not changed at all even though I've played Twilight Princess. When I played it, I didn't have that feeling I had when I first played Ocarina of Time. Do you think Ocarina of Time is still the greatest Zelda game? Post your comments here.

I DEFINATLY Think TP Surpasses OoT...

Posted

I have no doubts that TP's graphics surpass OoT's graphics.

Posted

While I was playing TP I was always remembering OoT with the howl and the names and some stories (like hte Sheikah).

Definately, Ocarina of Time is the best game. TP was really great, but was not the best.

I'm keeping mi tradition of re-playing OoT once a year at least, TP hasn't change that

Posted

I agree. Ocarina Surpasses TP.

Posted

I'm coming up with new theories about OoT/MM and TP all the time, which makes them both interesting. Though TP has lots and lots of spiffiness, it brings back nostalgic memories of OoT days gone by...

I'm giving the win to OoT. Sorry, next-gen fans.

Whee. XD

Posted

Nintendo should make a Zelda game that doesn't remember you to OoT

Yeah, it should have Princess Zelda, Link, maybe Ganondorf but no the same songs or thinks of the great hero of time. That would really help to make a new game, and a story like in TP would help them a lot!

And more and difficult temples...

And that's it :D

Posted

I think that if oot and tp had been released at the same time, i would prefer tp. But since oot was the first zelda game i played. I have to say that oot was the game that gave me most of that "wow" feeling u get in loz games. Tp was a great game though...

Posted

Hell,I don't know.It's kind of a hard decision.OoT had the best music,TP had the best combat,OoT was a classic and amazing game,surpassing all other adventure/action games of it's time,while TP had a good storyline and gave you the ability to turn into a wolf,making it a game like no other Zelda game,and had sort of a mystery element to it set behind Midna.They both are pretty much equal in length,and even though Twilight Princess had more gameplay elements to it,it's still a hard decision.Twilight Princess's music is also almost as good as OoT's,but I just don't know.TP surpasses OoT,but I'll have to go with Oot.OoT is the best Zelda game and TP is nearly as good.Nintendo did make a good attempt at making a better game than OoT,though.

Posted

Going against most people here, I think Twilight Princess was better than Ocarina of Time and i definately feel as though its the more enjoyable to play which should be what matters (that and how long the game keeps you occupied for).

However, twilight princess is almost a case of Nintendo going soft on its players, most of the puzzles were really too easy and most of twilight princess wasn't much of a challenge, that would be the only thing id rate OoT higher than TP on.

I think the references to songs with the howling stones were lovely to be honest, i always like seeing referances in anything, tv, flash movies, games, usually makes me laugh or at least remember...

Posted

I think that Oot is better than TP because of the fact that TP is 9 years after oot and even though the graphics have improved tremendously, the length of the game has stayed the same. Instead of going for the same length as OOT, shouldn't they try for MORE length than OOT? I'm just sayin. Also, TP's storyline was great until the fourth dungeon, then what? Suddenly, Link and Midna become great friends, and Midna stops callin Link her slave. The dark power never take over Link, and Link never has to worry about it happening. The things described by the Light Spirit never happen. It just didn't flow like it should have.

OOt all the way

Posted

The things described by the Light Spirit never happen. It just didn't flow like it should have.

I was wondering that too.

When I saw the video that the Light Spirit shows I was like "OMG! Link is going to be bad and evil".

I think he never became evil because Midna used the Fused shadows and not Link.

zeldafancs, I haven't see you around lately, good to see you :D

Posted

Thanks, I've been around, just haven't been posting. Sometimes it's best to watch and see how things play out

Such as, ya kno, April Fools day...which i hate.

Posted

Thanks, I've been around, just haven't been posting. Sometimes it's best to watch and see how things play out

Such as, ya kno, April Fools day...which i hate.

Yeah... I hate Arpil's Fool too

Posted

link didn't become evil, even if he was going to, because as soon as you actually had the fused shadows, zant appeared and nicked em.

Twilight Princess does really well for some epic moments, the horeback battle and the 4th boss particularly