Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Twilight Princess Superior to Ocarina of Time?

29 posts in this topic

Posted

No WAY is TP superior to OoT! No freaking way! I dunno why...maybe OoT had a better storyline (and plot twists), or maybe just the gameplay was frikken sweet, but OoT is better :)

Posted

Well dir!! of course twilight princess is better than orcarinia of time!! look at the graphics on twighlight princess

post-4065-1176427239_thumb.jpg

Posted

Well dir!! of course twilight princess is better than orcarinia of time!! look at the graphics on twighlight princess

If we talk about the game in fact, OoT is a lote better than TP.

The graphics are goign to improve in every game, we can expect a lot of better things for the next Zelda game talking about graphics

Posted

hey, a game can have fantastic graphics and still suck. that's why I don't get what runs through the heads of people who think that graphics make a game...

I think it TP had been more difficult it would hands down beat OOT in my book, but...it just wasn't challenging enough.

Posted

tp better than oot?

no f**king way!

i think oot owns tp big time =o

Posted

As i said before, i agree with kels, if it had been harder it would've been a better game, I completed it without a walkthrough (although i did the same for OoT) and was only tempted to look at one...3 times?

Posted

SPOILER WARNING: If you haven't completed both Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, do not read this post, as it will ruin them for you.

I'd have to say that Ocarina of Time is better than Twilight Princess.

Ocarina of Time was the first 3D Zelda game, and it was so ahead of it's time. It's a huge game, and I can go back to it again and again and play it for hours.

Twilight Princess on the other hand doesn't really do anything new. Sure, turning into a wolf was new, interesting, but... It could have been better.

Ocarina of Time had new dungeons. It had loads of dungeons. The story was there throughout the entire game, right to the end. Twilight Princess had the same old dungeons, puzzles and bosses that we've all played before, and worse than that, they were so much easier. Also, Twilight Princess had a strong story at the beginning, which then fell appart later in the game, when it suddenly just went dungeon-dungeon-dungeon-END.

The final dungeons of Twilight Princess, to be honest, were just jokes. I was expecting an entire other world through the mirror, as big as Hyrule... What did I get? One tiny dungeon, with a few Twili hanging around. Then Hyrule Castle took a few minutes, and it was done. Even the final battle didn't seem as epic as Ocarina of Time's final battle.

I'm not saying that I didn't like Twilight Princess. I played it non-stop until I completed it, and I enjoyed it a lot. It's just that it didn't come close to Ocarina of Time. Ocarina of Time just kept going and going. It was far longer than I thought it would be. Yet years on, Twilight Princess which was hyped up so much, for so long, didn't really seem longer than Ocarina of Time to me. It certainly wasn't any harder.

Basically, for the next Zelda game on the Wii, I'm hoping that it will be longer, much more difficult, have new STRONGER bosses/enemies, a new ORIGINAL story, and different sidequests. Oh, and some NEW PUZZLES. I'm SICK of doing the same old puzzles over and over again. They require no thinking anymore.

I was bored by the sidequests in Twilight Princess, which is a pity, because side quests have always been something I've loved in Zelda games. They were just dull though. The whole find the insects thing... That didn't require any skill. That was just luck. You'd be running/riding around, and you'd see a sparkle, and you go up to it and grab it. Where's the fun in that?

Also I found Hyrule Field boring... Where are the rivers? Where are the forests? Where are all of the things we saw in the early trailers? I would love it if they put a proper 3D forest in a Zelda game for once. A proper, big 3D forest, with enemies hiding throughout it. Instead we get the old forests in "rooms" thing. Why is there nothing to make going through Hyrule Field hard? Sure, there's a few Moblins and weird dragon things around, and the boar riders might turn up every so often, but they don't pose any challenge. I know there wasn't much to slow you down in Ocarina of Time's Hyrule Field, but that was years ago. I've come to expect more.

Oh, and about the races... I didn't like the sky people, or whatever they were called... They were just... Pointless. I wouldn't like to see them return. Where were the Kokiri? Where were the Deku? Why wasn't Goron City as cool as it was in Ocarina of Time? Same goes for Zora's Domain.

In conclusion, I'm just gonna say that Twilight Princess should have been so much more. There really was no excuse for how easy it was. I have to say that if I had spent that long making a game, and that people could complete it that easily, I would be very dissapointed.

Posted

we've had this discussion on another topic the general concensus is actually that zoras domain is better in tp, but goron city is essentialy non-existant, so worse.

And although i agree with you on most of the point, most of it comes down to ocarina of time in its time, personally im very much up for advancements and stuff, but the good and bad thing about about twilight princess was they effectively gave us what we asked for, nothing less, which stifles the whole creativity factor that should make a zelda game...

plus its very hard to think up new puzzles, try thinking of one that will pose a challenge to someone and then increase that by 20fold PER dungeon

Posted

In conclusion, I'm just gonna say that Twilight Princess should have been so much more. There really was no excuse for how easy it was.

actually there is one excuse for makin tp easy. do you think an average wii owner is as good on playing zelda games as members on this site? no, they aren't if the hgame would have been harder then oot, new players wouldn't have managed to play through it. i don't think that tp was easier then oot, it's just that it's 5 years since i played through oot, i'm a better player now.

Posted

actually there is one excuse for makin tp easy. do you think an average wii owner is as good on playing zelda games as members on this site? no, they aren't if the hgame would have been harder then oot, new players wouldn't have managed to play through it. i don't think that tp was easier then oot, it's just that it's 5 years since i played through oot, i'm a better player now.

Although it's hardly fair to cater only to newer gamers, while leaving the long time fans without a challenge. I really do think that it's time to introduce difficulty levels to Zelda games. I would like the games to be hard at the start, and just get harder. Instead we're stuck with several easy dungeons to ease us into the game, and the later dungeons don't seem to get much harder.

Personally I'd think that that could work. The "Normal" mode would be the same difficulty as Twilight Princess, while the "Hard" mode would have stronger enemies, stronger bosses (They would take off more energy, and would have more energy themselves, so they would be a lot harder to beat.), harder puzzles, fewer heart refils (Jars/grass would contain them less often), and perhaps no fairies, or very few fairies. Also there would be more enemies hanging around, so travelling across Hyrule field would be challenging each time.

Posted

Although it's hardly fair to cater only to newer gamers, while leaving the long time fans without a challenge. I really do think that it's time to introduce difficulty levels to Zelda games. I would like the games to be hard at the start, and just get harder. Instead we're stuck with several easy dungeons to ease us into the game, and the later dungeons don't seem to get much harder.

Personally I'd think that that could work. The "Normal" mode would be the same difficulty as Twilight Princess, while the "Hard" mode would have stronger enemies, stronger bosses (They would take off more energy, and would have more energy themselves, so they would be a lot harder to beat.), harder puzzles, fewer heart refils (Jars/grass would contain them less often), and perhaps no fairies, or very few fairies. Also there would be more enemies hanging around, so travelling across Hyrule field would be challenging each time.

I think we all agree that we need a challenge (yeah, I know I just said something obvious :embarrassed: )

But, being realistic, do you really thimnk that Nintendo will release a Zelda game with difficult option (easy, normal, hard)? :unsure:

I'm not sure about this one, they released Master Quest so they could do the same for another game... :unsure:

Posted

of course Tp is better, better graphics,better action,longer dungeons,and more better sidequests yea Oot was like the most advanced game in its time but i beat it when i was 4.NOTE:that was 2 years after it was made.and i didnt use a guide book and since then ive played almost every zelda game ever.just by looking at Tp i could tell it was going to be better and geuss wat? i was right i didnt beat it yet but it is way better and i dont think there is ever going to be an even better one Oot was the first zelda game that was 3d but it was nonstop dungeons at least Tp has more sidquests than Oot and the Master Sword is more powerful than the normal sword like in some other zelda games. :angry:

Posted

I don't think speculation about difficult difficulty levels is too hard to beleive, as long as its confined almost entirely to dungeons and enemies, all it involves is changing a couple of variables and remapping items, some of the rooms if nescessary to make it harder.

However, it really wouldn;t be too much work, the whole dungeon infrastructure would still be there, the whole environment is created and almost all the animations are finished

Posted

In my opinion I am going to have to keep OoT in on the top of my favorite Zelda game list. TP was good, but it was waaay too predictable. One of the reasons OoT was so good was because it was the first time to see the design of the dungeons/temples. It was amazing and so was the story line and the characters and side quests. MM came along and followed basically the same idea as far as the temples go (forest, water, etc etc). TP had the same design. In some cases in TP, I knew what was coming up before I even got there, so the excitement of 'what could possibly happen next?' was not there...