Dog Party Mansion Werewolf - T1G is a busybody

141 posts in this topic

Posted

At this rate you'll have to wait about 36 hours for your reply Necro. Have a lie down and watch the first three seasons of The Big Bang Theory, and maybe someone will have got back to you by then.

Posted

Rename this thread so that its Day 3 btw

Posted

thx for reminding

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

He said something about a plastic bag plan but I think he was trying to put suspicion on me. I mean, who would actually point out their evil partner?

Posted

To be fair, he wasn't trying to defend himself at all. He basically outright stated that he was the wolf, even if it could have come off as taking the piss out of the notion. Even if it was some sort of redirection of guilt, it still puts you in a bad spot.

Posted

And the fact that you are now the odd man out in the barn situation.

That being said, that was awful quick of you to throw the blame on him Silver.

Posted

Wait, what? I wasn't throwing blame on him at all. I was just saying that what Saha said made him look bad.

Posted

Okay, the way I see it is the two people I heard were Cascade and the murderer. The other person I know stayed in the barn with me is Town. So my suspicion is on either Silver or Dark One.

Posted

This whole "I hear them but they didn't hear me" thing makes me really suspicious. I don't understand this mechanic, Teto. I can't defend myself here :<

Posted

People are focusing a lot on the mechanic such that they're forgetting the kinds of arguments and mind games people use in Werewolf usually. This mechanic was intended to add to conversation, but for whatever reason people are so transfixed on it that they often rely too much on the use of it in their reasoning.

It's not a strong mechanic, but there are ways to use it in conversation, and it does hold clues.

Posted

But the clues are so obscure they don't make any sense. "This guy heard 2 other people. There was a struggle." "This guy in the same room heard 3 other people. There was a struggle." "This other guy heard 1 other person in the room. There was a struggle."

There's not really any clues there, or at least there aren't until we know what the wolves can do. And having powers randomly for only one day really confuses it too :/

Posted

Ignore the mechanic. It's shit. I just hoped it would mix things up, but instead it's tipped the pot. And by the time that you've started to see how useless my mechanic is, it's too late for people to get emotionally involved. In a vanilla game you could have spent this time watching your fellow players' actions and reactions, but because of this mechanic, you're all treating it like a numbers puzzle rather than the human puzzle that Werewolf tends to be. Dealing in half-certainties makes it impossible for drama to unfold, and it's in the drama that clues and leads arise.

As soon as the information your working with is numbers, maybe it's difficult to think of things in any other way. And because you're working with unreliable information, you hit a dead end and don't know what to do, because you've been treating it like a different game. And it has been. It's been flat and unengaging. Comparing notes instead of trying to extract information. Peoples' defenses have to be comprised of data rather than emotive testimony.

If nobody explicitly says they're interested in continuing the game, I might just call it and make a basic-as-heck new Werewolf game. Town vs Werewolves. Isolate mountain village. This game hasn't worked, and it's been broken for too long for it to really be fixed at this point.

I'm more embarrassed than anything else.

Posted

teto it's ok! it wasn't a bad game, I think inactivity was the worst thing here

Posted

I think it was an interesting idea, it just needs some tweaking. I'm not sure what you'd do with it, though.

That said, I think making another vanilla game might be best.

Posted

I am inconsolable Saha. I've already thrown all my toys out of the pram, and I'm kicking off.

SilverAlchemic likes this