Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Howdy!

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Howdy, fellow Hylians!  I'm Robert, a resident of good ol' Texas.

I waste away eating breakfast tacos, surfing the interwebs, and playing video games when time allows.  I've been around on the Hynet IRC, but I haven't posted anything on the forums until now.

CidaShipiniZH likes this

Posted

Oh gosh is that a quote from THE Joe Walsh in your signature!? We're gonna get along just fine :D

Posted

Yep!  Joe Walsh is like, my favorite rock guitarist.

Posted

Yeah he's both charismatic and talented, I love watching him play because he looks like he's having fun and you can't help but enjoy his enthusiasm :D

I've seen him in concert twice now with the rest of Eagles and he really steals the show even compared to his talented band mates.

Posted

My two favorite Eagles are Joe and Don Henley.  Henley's got the characteristic voice of the Eagles.   Tim Schmit's got the voice of an angel.

Honestly, I like them all, though the feud between Glenn Frey and Don Felder irritated me.  But hey, we got Steuart Smith!

Posted

Yeah, Don Henley is really talented, maybe the most diverse member of a band I've ever seen :o Glenn Frey is cool (I never get tired of seeing his double guitar, it's so awesome!) but my dad met him in person and he swears the guy has a short fuse like nobody else he's met. Tim Schmidt has those songs that just fit his voice so amazingly well, I feel like he just knows how to make the most of his incredible vocal skills. I can never decide if I like Don Felder or Steuart Smith more :o

Posted

He's not wrong, Glenn has been known to have a short fuse.

There's always debates on the Net over who the better player is.  From a technical standpoint, both are about the same level.  They both play their solos very well and sound great at them.  Personally, though, I like Steuart better.  His solos have a bit more personality, even if he didn't write the songs.  He throws his own spin on them and yet it still fits perfectly.  He can actually sing, unlike Felder, and unlike Felder, he's not a greedy little kid.

Posted

Yeah, we don't have any music debates on Eagles here :sadlink:

Steuart is probably the guy I'd choose as well, but I never did get to see Felder live, so I suppose the jury's out indefinitely on that one since I tend to decide based on live performances.

Posted

I still think the Eagles dream team would be Don, Glenn, Tim, Joe, Randy, Bernie, Steuart, and Felder.  You wouldn't need any other hired guns because they would all cover each other's parts.  You could have Joe and Felder do their trademarked Hotel California duet to keep the fans happy, then give Joe, Bernie, Steuart, and Felder solos on different songs with different combinations.  You could have a dedicated banjo part for Take it Easy and a dedicated mandolin part for Tequila Sunrise and Lying Eyes.  Have Tim play guitar for a song while Randy plays bass, and maybe put Glenn or Joe on piano.  You would have a lot more options (but the only man fit for the Throne would be Don himself).

Hell, we could give Steuart his own song!

I know it probably won't happen for a long time, because Randy's ill and Glenn and Felder won't bury the hatchet, but it would be fun to see.

Knuckle likes this

Posted

Yeah I'd love to see those backups replaced with actual band members :D It kinda stinks to see them in concert and they need a bunch of extras to cover instruments.

Posted

And since Randy can't sing nearly as high as he used to anymore, those high parts in Take it to the Limit and Try and Love Again can be augmented with either Tim or Don, the only members of the band that can sing that high anymore.  I at least appreciated Glenn's gesture for singing Take it to the Limit live, but it just doesn't fit his voice.  If they wanted a current Eagle to sing it, Don or Joe would have been a better choice.