Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Reintroduce Yourself

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi everybody! It's been so long since I found a new forum, but I figured it was time. Here's a bit about me.

I'm from Texas, which mostly just means I believe in brisket barbecue and that it shouldn't be surprising that my family owns a cattle ranch. I graduated from University in 3 years from A&M (whoop!) with a degree in English literature. No, I'm not going to teach. Yes, I'm going to grad school. But not for English, because I want to be a pastor in the Methodist Church. I'm starting seminary in the fall in pursuit of my Master of Divinity (MDiv) degree, which will allow me to pursue ministry in the capacity of an Elder (basically just a pastor).

I'm engaged to a wonderful girl from Alabama. I designed the ring myself, and we're getting married in July. She's going to teach high school math, and she had way better grades than I did.

I like tinkering, building, reading, writing, movies, coffee, tea, and so many other things. I'm currently reading through the writings of Jaques Derrida ("The Animal that Therefore I Am" at the moment) and writing a series of short fantasy stories set in a desert kingdom. I also sometimes write essays about philosophy, the state of the church, social and cultural movements, and other critical/analytic topics.

I hope I can find a place to fit in here, y'all seem quite nice!

LLmao ?✊?, Cassandra and Teto like this

Posted

Congratulations on engagement :)

Posted

I heard A&M and TU have an infamously violent rivalry. Ever see any of that?

Posted

Thanks! Honestly, I haven't seen any problems in my time at A&M as far as the rivalry goes. UT is currently denying our offer to play them in football, which was the source of most of our real rivalry. These days we mostly just make jokes about the pretentiousness of Austin and UT students and how frustrating it is to drive through that city. Obviously there are outliers that take things too seriously, but I've never met any. In my experience, it's all been in good fun.

Posted

teto

we should hang out more often

JUST SAYING I HOPE YOUR FLAT SITUATION'S GONE WELL

T ot es

Posted

Thanks! Honestly, I haven't seen any problems in my time at A&M as far as the rivalry goes. UT is currently denying our offer to play them in football, which was the source of most of our real rivalry. These days we mostly just make jokes about the pretentiousness of Austin and UT students and how frustrating it is to drive through that city. Obviously there are outliers that take things too seriously, but I've never met any. In my experience, it's all been in good fun.

my opinions on UT exactly. Also my dad is a big A&M fan