Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Onions on Nintendo's Dual Screens

7 posts in this topic

Posted

So with the DS right Nintendo gave us a handheld with TWO SCREENS, one of them being a touchscreen. Most people thought it was transient, but then there comes this here ol' 3DS which ALSO has dual screens. So clearly Nintendo seems to like them, but how about you? Do you like them that dual screens? I personally do, allows for easy access to menu interfaces and such, which is honestly the best usage.

Posted

I think they're cool, I just wish they were better. 

I haven't played with a New 3DS yet, however

Posted

I wonder how much nintendo has experimented with their handholds. Do they ever make systems that have 3+ screens? Or is that too many screens to keep track of at one time? And what prototypes did they go through between the gamecube and the wii? Or the wii and the wiiu? If there's anything I respect nintendo for, it's their commitment to innovation.

Posted

I don't think I'd want to put onions on Nintendo's dual screens. The smell takes forever to go away.

Posted

To be honest I like innovation, but only if it's useful, like the DS and 3DSs touch screen, but with the Wiis motion controls, it just wasn't the kind of innovation we needed, and the Wii U having the screen on the bottom controller is nice, but now the hardware is just to behind...

Posted

You guys know Nintendo partnered with a new company for hardware right?

If nintendo could make a handheld on par with the PSVita's quality and hardware, I would play it forever.

Posted

Problem is that the Vita's quality is kind of what drove it into a hole. It's too expensive, both for consumers and for developers. The cheap cost and strong first party support is kind of what's been keeping Nintendo going. Though I wish they would make more success in third party support. If they had the PS2's third party support they would literally rule the world.

SilverAlchemic and T1g like this