Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stupid Crap that Scared you as a kid

12 posts in this topic

Posted

I was watching this video

and it made me wonder if any of you had things from your childhood (not strictly video games) that scared you shitless. Like this!

Donald freaking the puppy out and almost murdering a cow with an axe is puppyed up

I know I have some other good examples but nothing is coming to mind right now because I probably psychologically blocked it out to prevent trauma

Posted

Ikana Canyon

Or Stalchildren and Wolfos in general in OoT

T1g likes this

Posted

The worm beast in Princess Mononoke.

tumblr_ncogmkf6Qq1qbs4u5o2_500.gif

The Stalchildren in Majora's Mask, and how completely godd*ng surreal it was how they just sat around ignoring you completely even when you're directly in front of them, laughing without making any noise in a completely dark house that had no context to it and how they didn't even mind if you murdered them. The uncanny valley of their behavior unnerved me to no end, and it would have been cool if they stayed that way or had some other story behind them but once you get the captain's mask the uneasiness is instantly destroyed.

PyotL6N.png

I guess this wasn't really stupid. It still would freak me out. Just imagine walking into this house IRL.

King Ramses.

tumblr_mnp7edVdfo1qjdcyjo8_400.gif

I guess none of these are really stupid. When I was like 11 I watched Darkness Falls and The Ring with my mom and her friends. Darkness Falls was about the tooth fairy actually being a horrible murder machine. The Ring was a lot more subtle and the scary nature of it really got to me. The adults thought Darkness Falls was scarier. I was paranoid of showering for like a month. I kept looking out of the curtains, and I dreaded staticky television screens. I actually had the same paranoia the first time I watched the King Ramses episode of Courage, but only for like a few days.

I actually used to think Ocarina of Time was a scary game. I played Resident Evil at a friend's house in the dark and I unfortunately encountered the dogs jumping in through the windows within the first five minutes and never played it again. During that time it gave me the impression that all not-cartoony games were scary games, and the first time I saw Ocarina of Time it was during the Gohma fight, which is in a somewhat claustrophobic foggy atmosphere and had a spidery thing dropping onto you from above.

T1g and Cassandra like this

Posted

ar135068674166205.jpg

I had a very irrational fear of the Halloween masks they would put up in a large display. I wouldn't even go near the Halloween section of Kmart. That all changed when I was ten, I forced myself to go down the aisles and picked up a mask and slipped it on. 

MyBuddy.jpg

I also had a my Buddy which was a favorite toy of mine until the day my "Loving" sister showed me Child's Play......no more My Buddy for me.

Seed-Of-Chucky-seed-of-chucky-29020578-1

T1g likes this

Posted

My little brother used to be really scared of Chuckie. My mom kept teasing him by threatening to buy a Chuckie doll from Spencer's at the mall.

Posted

Pheo is holding back on everyone, just saying. I know he and my sister freaked out when the girl got turned into a blueberry in Charlie and the Chocolate factory.

Posted

I don't even remember that one

Posted

Oh yeah I remember you two running out of the room because you couldn't keep watching after that part. Too be fair that movie is freaky as shit. A boy almost drowns in chocolate and a girl is possibly burned alive in the furnace

Posted

redeads creeped me, naturally. also stalchildren

irl tho I had this bizarre fear of the drain on the bottom of swimming pools which is ironic because I swam for a long time

Posted

I always had a fear of the bottom, even after years of swimming, lifeguarding and scuba, going to the bottom of the diving well without a regulator is rough.

I was also very afraid of "creepy" the pool vaccuum as a kid.

Posted

My mom reminded me of a good one. We were scared of Gushers, because of the old commercials where you ate a gusher and your head would turn into a giant fruit. So we would have to have her taste test one of them before we would eat them.

You guys should ask your parents because they probably remember the stupid crap better than you do