Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

T1g's Lost Mines of Phandelver DnD Campaign

27 posts in this topic

Posted

we were evenly matched you cur

Posted

We were at a bath house upon Sayuri's request and we ended up playing table tennis against one another, playing until five points. I think Sayuri served first. Upon returning the ball, I cast Minor Illusion to make it look like there were multiple balls. She still hit the right one by pure luck. Later she used Vicious Mockery on me, telling me that Suzy called ME fat. (the nerve) It didn't affect me but I rebutted in Deep Speech that Suzy said Sayuri was a WHORE who would never amount to anything. Just imagine that during an intense ping pong match, I am holding a heavy eldritch tome in one hand and reading sick burns from it. It likewise, did not go through, so Sayuri couldn't even understand what I was saying. Next, I used Eldritch Blast to divert the ball's direction and give Sayuri disadvantage on her next swing. Sayuri still got the point. Sayuri then used Produce Flame, which made a fireball that acted as a second ping pong ball, so we each had to roll twice for the ball and the fire. I lost a point but rebuffed the fireball, so we had to keep playing to see who would be hit by it. I was hit by it, and it took out just under half my health. I'm starting to get desperate, so I take off my glasses and roll to seduce Sayuri.

OT7x2sX.png -> IJrvV1q.png

WITH ADVANTAGE TO SEDUCE HER I STILL fail. (though I got a blush out of her ">///>") I have only one point and Sayuri is one point away from winning. Just my luck; even with creative utility spells for cheating my rolls still betray me. My one point was from her rolling low on a serve. Up until now Sayuri hadn't actually given me any disadvantage rolls, she just complicated the battlefield. I tell Droop (my new not-slave goblin) to cooperatively drive the ball, which raises the threshold for Sayuri's next roll. I think she fails, because somehow I got more points against her. She summoned Rebb (the NPC from before) to hold her like this (sayuri is a halfling so she's like three feet tall) and I get Droop to sit on my shoulders. We're both one point away from victory. We start hitting the ball back and forth (Droop actually has higher dexterity than I do, so he's better suited for it anyway) and then upon Sayuri/Rebb hitting the ball towards me I take out two additional paddles and so I have three rolls, one for each of my hands and one for Droop. Rebb counters this by swinging Sayuri like a paddle as Sayuri swings her paddle, driving the ball hard into my court. Droop and I collectively fail. This is how we lost.

At the end the wall behind Sayuri was splintered from my Eldritch Blast, there were scorch marks all over the table, I lost half my health, and Sayuri took damage from smacking into the table (though this was retconned for hilarity; she originally managed to avoid hitting the table somehow). And we weren't even at regionals.

T1g likes this

Posted

I also threatened Droop (in Goblin) that I would eat him. I think that gave you disadvantage on one of your rolls or something.

Also failed TWICE at trying to peek at Chimetals and Necro's characters. Got "assistance" from Saha's character.

Nothing impressive was seen.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

by assistance she means I just held her above my head and announced loudly that we were coming through to peek on them

also I used Minor Illusion to cause a mosaic censorship on Sayuri and I, so this was a true double standard peekfest

Posted

highlights:

- We went to fight the Nothic. Necro suplexed it behind him to try and shove him onto a bridge that spanned a 20 foot deep crevasse after rolling a 20 to deflect the Nothic's rotting gaze, but rolled two ones in a row, causing him himself to flip over the Nothic, punch a hole in the bridge, fall through, and just barely hang onto the boards of the bridge above. I was poised to take fire on the Nothic when it was on the bridge, trying to knock it into the chasm below, but then I too rolled a 1, and I almost hit Necro, but he dodged it. Later, the bridge broke with the Nothic on it due to Rebb and Sayuri's combined efforts. Sayuri set the bridge on fire, Rebb scuffled with the Nothic enough to knock out the rest of the bridge support. Necro fell and the Nothic fell on top of him, causing 2d6 damage, but then I reminded T1g that the Nothic's back spines would also hurt, which caused an additional 1d6 damage. I tried to shoot the Nothic again, despite wanting to do the more guaranteed strategy of spiderwalking over to it and doing shenanigans that didn't require a roll. I rolled a oneNecro and I both rolled two ones in a row. This time I really did accidentally hit Necro, knocking him back and doing damage to him. I reminded T1g that being launched into a wall would probably hurt, and T1g applied 2 damage to Necro. Errbody was pissed that I kept reminding the DM about auxiliary damage, heh 'w` Necro thought I was trying to kill him.

Then muthafuckin' Droop and his badass dread-bringin' crossbow skills put the godd*ng ice on that Nothic and ended its LIFE. I encouraged him before he took the shot, which did away with his natural disadvantage roll for that turn. Das how Droop got to level 1, aw shit! 

xXxDROOP420SAVES360NOSCOPETHEsmoke weed errDAYxXx

- After that Rebb finally took up Fergus' offer for a fisticuffs duel. While they were fighting I cast Thaumaturgy to increase the volume of my voice and gather a crowd. Then this p. much happened.

W5fo41P.png

Rebb and Fergus knocked each other out at the same time. Since it ended in a tie I cleaned house and we ended up with 100gp of the townsfolks' money. I split it three ways between Sayuri, Droop, and I, and put one gold piece in Fergus and Rebb's pockets. They probably wouldn't have approved of the gambling, since they've got lawful alignments. Good thing they were unconscious!

T1g likes this

Posted

So Rebb is an NPC party member, controlled by me. She pretty much exists so i can still play DnD even though I am DM. She is also there for balancing because god the party is squishy as hell. She is a 5'10" half-black woman with a muscular build and a crazy mane. She is a tavern brawler, which is to say, the polar opposite of Necro's Monk, who is an incredibly disciplined fighter.

So the thing with Necro's character, Fergus, is that he travels around the world and challenges people to fights. He has a gong he rings and everything. So he challenges Rebb to a fight, who eventually accepts the challenge when she had nothing better to do (that is to say, after the party helped her clear out a criminal hideout)

So with that all out of the way, when the fight starts, Fergus gets all these hits in, with Rebb missing the attacks she makes. After about 4 hits or so, Rebb punches straight through one of his attacks and takes out nearly half his health. From then on they start evenly exchanging blows (with lots of dodged attacks) until eventually we roll for the Rocky double knockout ending, and we both succeed on that. If we were using DBZ rules, Fergus would have won because Rebb hit the ground first. However, that didn't matter because they weren't using DBZ tournament rules. As highlighted above, Megana and Lily cleaned house

Also I was playing Street Fighter 3 music because WE puppying PLAY THIRD STRIKE IN THIS HOUSE

Posted

also the music was hella' rad

Posted

I know it is hella rad. Its third strike it was literally built from the ground up to be the shit

Posted

here

are my rolls

from last session

10 (attack, success)

5/10 (damage)

14 (initiative)
1 (attack, fail)
5 (attack, fail)
14 (init)
5 (attack, fail)
3 (attack, fail)
10 (pun, success?)
7 (detect lie, fail)
6 (init)
7 (attack, fail)
3 (attack, fail)
19 (attack, success)
5/10 (damage)
6 (attack, fail)
16 (dex save, success)
16 (dex save, success)

im too mad to post a summary of how this all turned out

later
T1g likes this

Posted

Ok so a bunch of stuff has happened since the previous in depth story, basically a police raid to rescue a hostage went south because of a drow. The session afterwards consisted of intimidating the captive drow. What I am going to talk about briefly is the events of this session

So, the party was tasked with chasing off a Young Adult Green Dragon that recently made its lair in the region they are in. If they do this, they will get directions to this long lost cave they are looking for that (probably) houses the big bad of this campaign.

So, before combat started, the druid who gave them the task cast protect from poison on three of them, to help save them from its poison breath.

Combat started when sayuri snuck up on it and cast thunderwave to make a loud booming noise in its ear.

Rebb runs up and punches the Dragon, and then grapples it so it can't move. The dragon hits the party hard with its breath, but thanks to the protect from poison they survive. It also makes a few bite and claw attacks that the party manages to avoid. Eventually the dragon tries to break free from Rebbs grapple, so it can fly away to fight another day (which would be a mission success). Rebb does NOT let go. It tries, tries, tries so very hard to break free, but fails to escape her grasp. Rebb then goes a step further, and pins a dragon twice the size to the ground, all while the party is attacking it. The fight ends when Rebb CRITS THE DRAGON AND BREAKS ITS FU CKING NECK WITH HER BARE HANDS.

the party only needed to scare off the dragon. Instead, they SLAY IT. the campaign book even states that it is unlikely for this situation to occur. It was amazing.

Posted

recently the party managed to talk their way through two encounters, so that was something

Posted

AL9oVKA.png

WE RESUMED DND AND FINISED THE CAMPAIGN