Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

T1g's Lost Mines of Phandelver DnD Campaign

27 posts in this topic

Posted

I am currently planning to run another DnD Campaign much in the same vein as the previous one I ran, because I don't think I will get to be a part of DnD unless I am running the campaign. We would be using 5th edition and we would be running the campaign included with the starter set (which gets characters starting from level 1, up to level 5)

I am not looking for a big party. It is for 4-5 players, but we can start with as little as three. Sahaqiel is already going to be in it and it is going to be awesome. We would be playing over Skype Call, and probably using some sort of interface like Roll20. If you want in, post in here. We will get you and your character set up over skype

We would probably be playing at night time whenever everyone is able to play, much like my last campaign. Limiting it to a single day of the week is a terrible idea in my experience. Something always comes up.

Confirmed players:

1.) Sahaqiel - Human Warlock

2.) Necropolis - Dwarf Monk

3.) SilverAlchemic - Elf Cleric of Correlon

4.) Sayoobie - Halfling Druid

For now I am sticking with this party. Substitute players may or may not be necessary as the game goes on

Posted

I kinda would like to take part, but I don't know anything about the game and really don't want to do time of research. Is it the kind of thing where you can just learn as you go? Is there some sort of crash course I can look into so I don't have to read 50 books and a magazine?

T1g likes this

Posted

Yes actually! 5th edition is the one I prefer, and it is actually quite easy on newcomers. The Adventure we are running is actually somewhat designed to ease you into the game!

You would need to get on skype if you aren't already

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

you can play the game without reading even 1/40th of the handbook

T1g likes this

Posted

Yeah a lot of it is just lists of shit. It provides a tutorial on setting up a character at the beginning and if you don't want to read, I can help you do it.

Posted

It took like 3 hours but Silver has a complete character sheet!

SilverAlchemic and Sahaqiel like this

Posted

After another 2 hours, Sayuri's character sheet is complete. That is 3/4. Necro's isn't done, or at least, I didn't do it. But its necro and I am positive he doesn't need my help.

If we are awesome, we can start playing tonight

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

Ok so we played last night and a bunch of stupid shit happened in campaign and its all saha's fault pretty much. They almost lost to goblins and then a bunch of stupid but funny shit happened and I forgot who I was dealing with.

Posted

We played again! Sahaqiel died like 3 times! He has some very amusing dice rolling statistics to post for you guys

Posted

1 (initiative)
1 (attack roll at point-blank range, making sure to say that I rested my staff against the goblin's head before firing, and I hit Sayuri on accident instead)
9 (death saving throw, failed)
19 (roll to go down dramatically)
9 (attack roll, failed)
14 (succeeded; roll to make startled looking face to convince goblins that a dragon is approaching)
20 (kneecap goblin)
11 (roll to knock goblin unconscious, failed)
19 (stab goblin unconscious)
1 (roll to lick goblin's face)
9 (roll to wake up)
7 (roll to wake up with bread in mouth)
2 (roll to dream; result: suggestively eating bread)
4 (perception)
7 (initiative)
11 (attack roll)
13 (perception)
1 (stealth roll)
11 (dex saving throw)
7 (dex saving throw while holding sayuri)
11 (initiative)
17 (attack roll)
13 (initiative)
14 (death saving throw)
13 (death saving throw)
5 (possible death saving throw)
3 (possible death saving throw)
1 (possible death saving throw)
15 (perception)
3 (initiative)
8 (failed death saving throw)
4 (failed death saving throw)
2 (failed death saving throw)

My average roll was 8.6.

5/35 were 1s, so I had an 8% chance to get a 1, rather than a 5% chance.
12/35 were 1-5. I had a 34% chance of rolling low.
9/35 were 6-10. I had a 26% chance of rolling poorly.
10/35 were 11-15. I had a 29% chance of rolling well.
4/35 were 16-20. I had an 11% chance to roll high.
1/35 were 20s. I had a 3% chance to get a 20, rather than a 5% chance.

Here are my initiative rolls:
1 (initiative)
7 (initiative)
11 (initiative)
13 (initiative)
3 (initiative)

My average initiative was 7.

And then there are the failed death saving throws. The first one was thrown out because we just needed to know if I died or not if Sayuri didn't use a med kit to stabilize me, but I would have died in critical failure. The next one was against some fairly weak grunts, and my rolls again, just kept getting worse. My average death saving throw was 6.25.

I kind of wish I'd kept track of Sayuri and Necro's rolls, particularly Sayuri's, because in contrast, they had rolled like five 20s and seemed to have a much more random distribution. But jesus, I had some kind of luck debuff or something to get that extra 9% on my low rolls.
T1g likes this

Posted

Good news, my roll average went up to 9.02.

Posted

So Rebb, an NPC, kicked a door down that led to four gangsters who were all drinking and gambling. We were all wearing their uniform so I convinced them that we were just drunk and looking for a good time, and they obliged. I found that one of them was named Joe. I asked him if he felt sluggish from drinking, and he said that he could definitely take more alcohol. I asked him if I could call him Slowey Joey (a Psychonauts reference) and cast Tasha's Hideous Laughter on him. He fell over laughing. I told the others that it was clear he's had a little too much to drink and should turn in for the night. I took him outside the room to the crevasse that held a Nothic (a one-eyed hunger-beast thing) and tossed him in, and he was promptly devoured. Revanthas (Chimetals) asked one of them where the restroom was, and the gangster lead him to where he could relieve himself. Chimetals initiated combat on the guy (after failing to quietly slit his throat) killed him, and then tossed him into the crevasse. 

Back in the drinking room, Lily (Sayuri) initiated a drinking game with the remaining two. They were getting a bit worried because their comrade hadn't returned with Chimetals, but they said he was probably throwing up or some such. But they were suspicious of Sayuri's request because they thought we would steal their money while they were drunk. (They had also been taking from the missing gangsters' gambling offerings but this was apparently standard procedure.)  I offered to sweeten the pot with 50gp, and they greedily obliged. Sayuri actually drank with them, but I just cast Minor Illusion to make it look like my glass had booze after my first mug, so I couldn't lose. They eventually passed out (Sayuri didn't) and we tossed them into the crevasse.

And that's the story of how we brutally murdered a bunch of dudes.

Later a sorceror guy tried to have the Nothic block us in to eat us while he escaped. He had been eating the corpses of the dudes we threw in but hadn't completely devoured them. I told him that it's rude to not finish your dinner before eating your dessert. I finally rolled high when it counted and he said "I suppose you're right" and he continued eating the dudes. Rebb would have probably lost in the battle against the sorceror from all the magic missiles he cast at her if we didn't manage to distract the Nothic.

Posted

Rebb took 7 god damn magic missiles and didn't drop. She was at 1hp. If I didn't burn the Hit Dice to heal those 2 hp she was missing than she would have been KO'd

Posted

Saha sucks at ping pong

Just sayin

Posted

SHE SPEAKS

yeah because saha and sayuri wanted to play even though Necro and Chimetals werent present (chimetals is in the campaign now), they had a stupid filler episode which involved a ping pong game just RIPE with cheating