Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

shameless self promotion ( if i did this before, sorry? :! )

5 posts in this topic

Posted

i apologize if this isn't the time OR place to do this, but... i'm just trying to get my music out in the world. :)

i write mostly depressing / sad acoustic music. not "ex-bf ex-gf" whatever sad, just like. mostly dark.

maybe it appeals to you, maybe it doesn't. give it a listen, and let me know!

http://thievesmtl.bandcamp.com/

** new song today: https://thievesmtl.bandcamp.com/track/bibles**

thanks <3 :)

Teto and pheonix561 like this

Posted

;~;

_17chan likes this

Posted

Gave the four tracks a listen, and it's all pretty solid stuff. I enjoyed listening to them, though acoustic music isn't really my go-to genre. From your description as being 'acoustic experimental noise', I expected something different from what I listened to, but I still dig it. Hollowstone was my favourtie, I guess because it was just different from the others, and more my kind of thing.

Not sure where the 'experimental' tag comes from though. To me 'experimental' music makes me go "this shouldn't work, but it does", or alternatively, doesn't. Keeping in mind that I don't know a lot of music theory, your stuff gives more an impression of "this should work, and it does". Although that said, you did that thing in Bibles where you kind of 'muffled' the guitar as you strummed? There's probably a word for that. I wouldn't know because I'm not an actual musician, just a music listener with too many opinions. I don't really know how experimental you can get with acoustic music, but this stuff didn't feel strictly generic, or pulled out of the mainstream. It's definitely what I'd expect of emo music though.

This music works, and you've got a good thing going. My only note was really on the experimental tag, because I don't understand how it applies, because I don't understand what conventions are being challenged. Also I don't know why you're calling it noise, but I would have gone with lo-fi. Again maybe I misunderstand the genres. I am ready to be wrong.

I'd like to know what inspirations you're talking about though. It's always fun talking music.

_17chan likes this

Posted

^^ thanks a lot, buddy! and no, you're right. before i posted this, i had about 8 tracks up to listen to. 4 of them were very strange and i did weird things to them, and one of them  the singing is actually just me yelling.. but i removed them because they were recorded on my old laptop and these are recorded with my new snowball mic haha. :P

you'll hear some noisy experimental stuff soon ;) haha.

thanks for the support, man!!!

Teto likes this

Posted

i would adore if this could be moved to the "original user content" section, assuming it's appropriate to go there. anyway, in the mean time, i've uploaded a new song.

https://thievesmtl.bandcamp.com/track/home

let me know what you think if you get a chance to hear it!