Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Amiibo Ideas and Discussion

35 posts in this topic

Posted

Amiibo, like them or not, are VERY popular. Possibly one of Nintendo's most lucrative ideas in recent memory. Maybe one of their most lucrative ideas ever! So as Nintendo adds new ways to use amiibo, what are some ways you'd like to see them do it? And what are some characters/IPs you'd like to see made into new amiibo?

An obvious new set that is sure to come sooner than later is an LoZ amiibo set. Similar to the Super Mario set, this set would feature new models of the existing amiibo Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf and (possibly) Toon Link, as well at least one or two all-new amiibo characters. Sure to be released along side Zelda Wii U (hopefully in early 2016, as it doesn't seem likely to come out this year anymore), these new amiibo could add some side quest DLC or possibly new gear/accessories as the new game is speculated to have heavy character customization. Or both, like the Splatoon amiibo will for that game! Like the Super Mario set, the amiibo would be interchangeable with their already existing selfs from the Super Smash Bros set. IE- The new Link amiibo would contain EXACTLY the same content as the old Link Amiibo. (Although Toon Link may or may not work exactly the same as Link would. As in Smash Bros, Toon Link and Link contain different data, but in every other game, such as Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors, they contain the same content)

Another, very unlikely to happen, like 100% unlikely, idea that I'd LOVE to see is some Nintendo Land amiibo DLC. Either extra games or, more fairly (considering how difficult it is to obtain most amiibo), extended levels and challenges from the already existing games. Like, obviously you could get more levels in Metroid Blast with a Samus amiibo, but what if you could also get an entire make over for that attraction by using the Megaman amiibo-- Like the game would be the same, but all the characters would have Megaman skins! Battle Quest could also have new skins via the Toon Link amiibo, or even new game play modes via other LoZ amiibo. How cool would it be to have, say, throwing needles as Sheik or magic as Zelda. Or even play as Ganon against other players via the Ganondorf amiibo! So many possibilities that will, sadly, never happen. But hopefully we'll someday get a Nintendo Land 2. And considering amiibo's popularity and how Nintendo is slowly but surely incorporating them in new ways into their newer games, the potential sequel would be sure to have some kind of amiibo support. What do you guys think?

And don't forget to post some of your Amiibo ideas too!

Posted

I feel like this is the ultimate end goal of Amiibos, as well as Skylanders and Disney infinity. Basically the ability to scan things into 3d space, and then have them as a player or avatar. Its definitely a step in the right direction

Pizzza likes this

Posted

I like the idea of amiibos but like, do they have some that aren't characters?

For one, I wouldn't mind an "amiibo" of the Master Sword or something.

Posted

I like the idea of amiibos but like, do they have some that aren't characters?

For one, I wouldn't mind an "amiibo" of the Master Sword or something.

They are releasing Animal Crossing amiibo cards in the fall, which are like, houses of characters. Its a mini game in trading card form! But so far, thats as close as your idea has come. But yeah, cool idea!

Oh yeah, it's my Nephew's Birthday and I got him the Luigi Amiibo from the Super Mario set. He loves playing his Wii U and Luigi is his favorite character! He was in awe of my Toon Link and Bowser amiibo when i should him how they can interact with you in games! hope he like it. 

Knuckle likes this

Posted

Idk if it's crazy lucrative. I mean they're dope and cute and collectible, but it's really not Nintendo who are marking up the amiibos 400% . It's people who think that they're geniuses on ebay

Posted

But the fact that they sell out instantly in store and via preorders online is proof that Nintendo is making a fancy buck off these things.

also here are those cards i mentioned.

cards.jpgamiibo-cards-nintendo.jpg

Posted

Like, I wanted a King Dedede amiibo. I looked on Amazon for one, and was just like "oh, I guess I don't want it" after seeing it for $45. 

The rarity/scarcity factor is kinda cool. But also, like, grown men are hoarding these and trying to profit off of them and leaving very little for kids.

Pizzza, _17chan, T1g and 1 other like this

Posted

Yeah I got a Marth amiibo at launch and apparently that is just a gold mine i am sitting on

Pizzza and _17chan like this

Posted

I 100% agree, LL. The collecting factor is super cool, except its nearly impossible to achieve. I have a friend who has every single amiibo currently released, both of the Smash and Mario sets. Can you imagine how impossible the Mewtwo amiibo will be if they make one? puppy, Jigglypuff actually sold out 15 mins BEFORE the preorders were "officially" released on Target's website. Some idiot made them available for order about 20 mins before they were supposed to be, as announced by Target. Like, i think they were supposed to be up at 3pm PST (I think it was PST) but they put up the order at 2:40pm. 5-10 mins later, JIgglypuff went out of stock. puppy.

Yeah I got a Marth amiibo at launch and apparently that is just a gold mine i am sitting on

Nintendo announced that they are gonna restock certain amiibo, such as Marth. But i'm certain it'll instantly sell out again. Probably even faster than before. So don't worry. Your gold mine isn't likely to decrease in value by much, if at all. Haha.

Posted

i managed to nab a few "rare" ones, but every amiibo i got i paid regular price for. and now i have a bunch that are super "rare" and i just think they're neat. someone gave me shit for opening fox because around here, they're hard to come by. i just wanted to use it for what it was made for..

Teto and Pizzza like this

Posted

Yeah seriously these are built to be used with the wii u

Posted

Hands down must own

630x.jpg

Teto likes this

Posted

After looking at those AC Amiibo cards for a bit, it makes me really wish there was a Nintendo TCG. A crossover game, like Smash, but a card game. It'd be way cool to scan a Mario card and see Mario fight Link on the Wii U. And then you could probably even play it without a console, like a traditional trading card game. These kind of virtual card games are really popular in Japanese arcades, so making it for the Wii U doesn't sound like too much of a stretch. 

Posted

I got these from friends.

legend_of_zelda_amiibo__by_savantiromero

zelda_amiibo_2_by_savantiromero-d8yh0ii.

Cassandra likes this

Posted

After looking at those AC Amiibo cards for a bit, it makes me really wish there was a Nintendo TCG. A crossover game, like Smash, but a card game. It'd be way cool to scan a Mario card and see Mario fight Link on the Wii U. And then you could probably even play it without a console, like a traditional trading card game. These kind of virtual card games are really popular in Japanese arcades, so making it for the Wii U doesn't sound like too much of a stretch.

Does anyone remember Nintendo's e-reader? I've never seen anyone actually use it. I think there was AC support in Japan? Definitely Pokémon support, but i don't understand to what extent. Nintendo could easily do that again (and better this time) with the Wii U. Also cards are cheaper to make than Amiibos

Knuckle and T1g like this