Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

SPLATOON

153 posts in this topic

Posted

I might get it. I wish I could have tried the demo thing. Who is gonna get it?

Posted

For sure gonna get it.

Posted

I played the demo and here are my thoughts.

Splatoon is easily one of the most fun, most exciting games I have played in a long time. It's simple, accessible, colourful, fun, charming, everything about it is great. The Inkling designs are adorable and creative. The only things I don't like are the soundtrack which is a little too goofy and odd for me, and the fact that aiming requires you to move the game pad. I think that can be shut off but I didn't have a chance to test it.

Fun game, excited for the release.

Posted

I'm gonna buy the h*ck outta this game

Posted

Yeah I am probably going to get it too. Demo was awesome

Posted

I might get Splatoon. After I get a Wii U... and a decent TV for playing Wii U... and a paying job so I can actually afford all those things...

Knuckle likes this

Posted

I'm definitely getting it but I might have to wait until late June for it - might be able to suggest it as a birthday gift. ^^;

Posted

i thought it was dope. i really enjoyed it. but i heard too many things about it afterwards that kind of turned me off, and it's 69.99$+tax here.. so.. i'm just gonna' invest in something else and get it if it's ever on special or anything.

Posted

What did you hear about it that was a turn-off?

Posted

What did you hear about it that was a turn-off?

just some stuff about multiplayer that doesn't really make me want to go out and spend 70$+tax on it on launch day. i'll wait for some kind of discount / sale, or when i'm more financially stable.

Posted

Yeah but like, what stuff? The only complaints I've heard are the lack of voice chat (which I agree with Nintendo's decision to not include) and that the match making is random, even when playing with friends (Which they are gonna change n the August(?) update when guilds or clans or whatever are added)

So yeah, I'm legit curious. I'm not bashing your decision, I'd just like to know more so I can be as well informed as you are.

Posted

Yeah but like, what stuff? The only complaints I've heard are the lack of voice chat (which I agree with Nintendo's decision to not include) and that the match making is random, even when playing with friends (Which they are gonna change n the August(?) update when guilds or clans or whatever are added)

So yeah, I'm legit curious. I'm not bashing your decision, I'd just like to know more so I can be as well informed as you are.

unless my home fry is incorrect, he said even in august, it's going to be randomized.

here is what he said via text, and it was a quote.

"In August, if you have exactly 4 you can do matchmaking with other teams of 4. With exactly 8, you can do a private room. If you have 2, 3 or 6 for example, I think you're out of luck based on the information we currently have."

that was from my friend, i'm sure he just quoted some source, but still, if that IS the case, sure, it's still a fun game, but as i've said before.. and i'll say it again.. i'm not paying 70$+tax for something that isn't really what i thought it would be in the first place. it's not a shit game, i'm just not down to spend that much money when i only have 1 other friend in our group who's getting it so we can't band together and play online. doesn't interest me.

and i get why (i guess) they eliminated turf war as a local multiplayer game, but like.. my lady and i were looking forward to playing together and now we can't, which is kind of disappointing. i was pretty stoked about playing local multiplayer with computers, or with friends or whatever. it just sucks :(.

Posted

Where the puppy do you even live that video games cost that much? I mean, granted, i spend at LEAST 70$ a pay check on food, not counting groceries, so, for me at least, 70$ for lasting entertainment is pretty damn reasonable, but I can understand why it might not be for someone else. Thank god Nintendo doesnt have online fees like Xbox or PlayStation or most *quality* online PC games..... Actually yeah, if you dont like the game fine, im not here to convince you. Never was even though you kept bringing up the already established price. Buuuuuuut as I type this I'm finding myself completely disagreeing with you about the price being an issue. Either you can afford it or you cant. And either you want to play it or you don't. But don't act like 70$ is "too much" for a high quality lasting entertainment experience. It's not like a movie that ends the same every time. Splatoon even has free content updates planned. So yeah as I said, you don't havta like the game, and you don't need a reason to not like it. Just don't give me a dumb reason, especially when i wasn't even asking for one. Man, sorry if this sounds preachy, im just typing and typing and typing and thinking *out loud* lol

it was a quote.

"In August, if you have exactly 4 you can do matchmaking with other teams of 4. With exactly 8, you can do a private room. If you have 2, 3 or 6 for example, I think you're out of luck based on the information we currently have."

that was from my friend, i'm sure he just quoted some source

Also, dude, do you know the difference between quoting a source and paraphrasing a source? Cause that red text doesnt sound like anything an official source would say. 

Posted (edited)

Where the puppy do you even live that video games cost that much? I mean, granted, i spend at LEAST 70$ a pay check on food, not counting groceries, so, for me at least, 70$ for lasting entertainment is pretty damn reasonable, but I can understand why it might not be for someone else. Thank god Nintendo doesnt have online fees like Xbox or PlayStation or most *quality* online PC games..... Actually yeah, if you dont like the game fine, im not here to convince you. Never was even though you kept bringing up the already established price. Buuuuuuut as I type this I'm finding myself completely disagreeing with you about the price being an issue. Either you can afford it or you cant. And either you want to play it or you don't. But don't act like 70$ is "too much" for a high quality lasting entertainment experience. It's not like a movie that ends the same every time. Splatoon even has free content updates planned. So yeah as I said, you don't havta like the game, and you don't need a reason to not like it. Just don't give me a dumb reason, especially when i wasn't even asking for one. Man, sorry if this sounds preachy, im just typing and typing and typing and thinking *out loud* lol

Also, dude, do you know the difference between quoting a source and paraphrasing a source? Cause that red text doesnt sound like anything an official source would say. 

canada, dude. the canadian dollar is gargar (i assume that's why) so all games that are 59.99 are 69.99 here. 3DS games are 44.99$. PS4/XBONE games are 79.99. it's puppyed.

also, i'm pretty sure he got it from some gaming website, i doubt one of his buddies said it. pretty sure that site probably said "i think you're out of luck based on the information we currently have." so, i'm pretty sure it still counts as quoting if he got it from some other site. maybe it was paraphrased, but i don't really care.. i'm pretty sure you still get my point regardless.

thanks, though.

(ps... i didn't know i said anything was an official source, sorry if i did. could of been like gamezone or some shit i don't know, i don't really visit gaming sites.)

Edited by sinkychan17 (see edit history)

Posted

Oh yeah, that makes a bit more sense. Haha my b.

_17chan likes this