Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

SPLATOON

153 posts in this topic

Posted

.96 Gal Deco has got the Splash Wall and the Kraken for it's specials, SPLOOOOOOOSH(kaboom)-o-matic has got Squid Beakons and the Killer Wail. They both look like really pro weapons like damn expecting to see them everywhere after tonight.

Re-rolling means the three sub-abilities you already have on the accessory are wiped away, and it immediately gives you three new ones in it's place. Don't need to grind up for the abilities! It's super handy. Got rid of one of my cuter t-shirts having THREE Increased Running Speeds with it. Now it's actually usable \o/

Pizzza likes this

Posted

Oh i guess that makes sense, how the re rolls work. I just figured it would erase them instead of replace them, so it'd encourage people to play more (grind) and tbh this is one of the very very very few games where i like to grind. I guess that says it all for the game play imo haha.

Posted

I still wear pilot goggles with octoling armor btw. Stylish and badass

Posted

I still wear pilot goggles with octoling armor btw. Stylish and badass

I betcha all the girls love you at the local anime conventions ;)

Posted

Yes nothing turns a woman on like cosplaying as a little girl

Posted

why not cosplay as an inkling boy :?

Posted

Because inkling girl hair is cooler OBVIOUSLY

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

How about an inkling boy with his hair down

Posted

That's not canon!!

Posted

bYPGMyj.png

The European categories for the next Splatfest are hilarious omg, I have no idea which I love more.... too bad it's (again) on a weekend where I'm not free during it. And can't cancel the Saturday plans this time. Oh well I'll get some snails for voting I guess. But STILL lame as heckie. 

America gets Rollercoasters vs Water Slides, the latter is clearly the better option here folks. Please pick correctly for my sake.

Also Moray Towers is now released, haven't tried it yet but will soon. I hear it's pretty puppyin' crazy though. Especially in tower control. I'm excited!!!

pheonix561, T1g and Pizzza like this

Posted

Yeah I did Moray towers and it is awesome

Posted

My gamepad charging cord was nibbled to death by a rabbit. I'm on amazon to buy a replacement, but I've been waiting for my dad to tell me what albums he wants me to order too. I've been waiting for three days, i guess he's just been busy. Me too. My point is im outta the game for a bit. But hopefully i'll be back soon!

Moray Towers looks so sick unless you are facing 2 snipers lol. Rollers look like they'll have a hard time in general there. Krak-on Roller might be that exception though, with it's Kraken special. idk

And are you actually kidding me, Cascade? We get Roller Coasters vs Waterslides? LAME. Your themes have been sensationally cooler so far im disappointed in Nintendo Tree House of America, but other wise they doing a fine ass job. I like our English translations better, from what I've seen. Like--

• When a match is set - NA: "BATTLE TIME!" E/A: "Let battle commence!".
  • When the match ends: NA: "GAME" E/A: "Stop battling!". The Japanese version is different: "Finish"
  • Spyke has a Cockney accent in NA, while i think he doesn't have any specific speech "quirks" in E/A translation (correct me if i'm wrong, please) and Spyke's accent is so crisp and perfect omg.

But the "signals" you can send to teammates on the game pad, while they sound cooler and more natural to the setting in NA, are a bit more obvious to understand in E/A.

NA:  ("C'mon!" -> "To me!" and "Booyah!" -> "Nice!")

Posted

OH MY GOD just had the most unreal round of Tower Control ever. We were on Arowana Mall, my team got the tower to 25m within the goal, the other team hadn't got the tower anywhere yet. THEN. THREE OF MY TEAM MATES DISCONNECTED. TWO OF THE OTHER TEAM ALSO DISCONNECTED. 2 vs 1. This was like a minute in. But we were super close to the goal, right? Then I got killed. So they started pushing it forward, but I kept coming back and blocking their asses from getting past 25m. So my "team" was still winning. It was really puppying intense. Until 30 seconds left. Got puppying wrecked by sneak attack Roller. I die, they manage to keep advancing, can't respawn and stop them in time until they reach the goal and get a knockout. IT WAS SO FRUSTRATING LOSING I COULD HAVE HAD IT. ALL BY MYSELF I COULD HAVE WON A RANKED MATCH. WITH A SEVERE DISADVANTAGE IN NUMBERS. Until that blunder. I'm not even mad though. It's the most fun I've had with ranked yet. Well a little bit miffed I lost 12 points for that. I've never lost that much before with a knockout!!! Was it because I was so close to winning so I get punished for puppying up at the end??? But whatever I'm gonna totally friend request the two people I played with it was really fun lmao. puppy my teammates tho

Moray Towers is excellent in like all three modes tho, I'm shocked. Even Splat Zones. I tend to find the maps with two zones in Splat Zones are way better than the ones with only one. Especially better than ones like Kelp Dome. Honestly hate that map in Ranked. But yeah it's a super fun map!! Super pretty too. Chargers have got a really good map though, the amount of times I've died to them even in the obvious camping spots is lol. I might consider using a charger weapon if Moray is in the rotation... but yeah I wouldn't use a roller on it. Except Krak-on for ofc beakons. Especially handy in this map.

Also yeah Skyler our translation is a lot less... 90's-reminiscient/"fresher" sounding? lol. A lot of people were freaking out about the final boss and I was like "yeah it was fun, but it wasn't THAT fun" but he apparently is just extremely hammy and ridiculous and uses a lot of fish puns in NA. He just talks like a cliche Nintendo villain in our translation. But apparently it's closer to the original jpn dialogue? But even still yours is a lot better imo as well. Spyke doesn't really have a noticeable accent either. But it's not too big a deal, at least this game isn't too text-heavy. Although I do think Booyah sounds stupid tbh.

But yeah our themes for Splatfest are WAY BETTER, not going to lie lol. I mean for one how do they know what Dogs are in squid land??? Judd is the only not-fish creature alive. And they die in water so how do any of them ride water slides??? It just doesn't make sense. I finally made a decision though. I joined #TeamEating. Because I'm gonna be honest I'd rather spend 8 hours eating all the crap I love in the world rather than 8 hours in a coma. I have no idea which team is going to be more popular though... either option could resonate with the audience for this game. It's exciting!

Pizzza likes this

Posted

Nerds who play this game still, probably being only me: Two new weapons coming at the usual time(s) tonight!

tumblr_nrn3mkiis21u3akyno1_540.jpg

Ah yes, the N-ZAP ‘89. This is quite simply an N-ZAP '85 that was redesigned for… well, definitely not legal reasons. No siree. Nothing to see here. Lawyers definitely did not have anything to do with this. It includes a Sprinkler to rapidly increase your turf, allowing you to fire off remarkably fast Inkstrikes! This set is excellent at striking where the foe least expects it. Good for lone wolves and those nostalgic for the good ol’ days! The N-ZAP ’89 will be available tonight at 7 PM PT!

tumblr_nrn3jxRyqg1u3akyno1_540.jpg

Need a brush that packs a powerful punch? The Octobrush is a brush with denser bristles that fling even more ink with each swipe! Use that mobility to scatter Squid Beakons everywhere, giving your whole team free rein of the battlefield! No need to hesitate—you can always use the Kraken to run away in a pinch. Your team will love you! Grab the Octobrush at 7 PM PT tonight!

good shit good puppyin' shit right here i'm v. excited to try out both

Posted

I still play lol